Car insurance

Transit tipper crew cab £800 , wife’s rangerover £760, quad £145, discovery £600, mini pick up 1976 is £80 , Mercedes and bmw classics are about £250, kids polo £2500 and Toyota crv £650, my 50 cc velosolex moped £130, Chevy 3100 classic £400, 2x john Deere gators I got no clue but not overly priced.  All gone up and makes no sense on how they come to the prices they do  is beyond me. 

Mine went up from 390 to 530 for a diesel ecosport this year , I’m 51 and never been in an accident , made a claim or been done for speeding . Insurance companies know we have no choice so they all just mug us off knowing there’s nothing we can do about it . I once went on a comparison site for a quote and while I was still on the website rang the one I was going with only for them to try charging £50 more . When I challenged them about it they said the comparison site quote was a live price and prices can fluctuate so I refused to accept it . Went straight back on the website and started over again and they quoted exactly the same again 

I go compare/confused.com etc every year. 20+years no claims. Got a 2.8v6 golf. Full comp, all the bells and whistles insurance @£199. It's been cheaper, but looking at what some of you are getting charged I'm happy with that! 😁

Yokel

Edited by YOKEL
  • Like 1