• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I could think of nothing worse than sitting and watching that backwards cnut👎

Well said mate!! Let's spend all day reading bollocks on here instead!!🤣

Get a fecking life there will be plenty of Time for watching other people’s shite if and when we make it to the old people’s home, while your fit and able life’s for living not watching someone else’s

Posted Images

2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

care to elaborate why ali was racist ? 

calling people white devil or crackers etc is the same as calling him a nigger ain’t it ? 

you most likely are racist gnash if day 99 percent of people are 

Name calling ? i call black people names as much as they call me names....and that makes us " racist "....no wonder the word has lost any real meaning these days !

The word " racist " actually describes a person who shows prejudice and discrimination towards a minority ethnic group......when white people make up less than 10% of the worlds population how can i possibly be racist ?

Besides which,i dont particularly want black people to suffer i just care more for the interests of my own people than i do for others,which is exactly what Ali felt as far as i could make out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Name calling ? i call black people names as much as they call me names....and that makes us " racist "....no wonder the word has lost any real meaning these days !

The word " racist " actually describes a person who shows prejudice and discrimination towards a minority ethnic group......when white people make up less than 10% of the worlds population how can i possibly be racist ?

Besides which,i dont particularly want black people to suffer i just care more for the interests of my own people than i do for others,which is exactly what Ali felt as far as i could make out.

i thought the word racist describes somebody who thinks there race is superior. 

as ali did 

if i do have a white ancestor it wasnt consensual or among them lines the only reason he could fight like he did was because he had a white ancestor lol 

can’t answer lol quality just repeating what you have heard 

Yeah, that's right, Gooey, just repeating what I've heard!!  Lol, dimwit.

another can’t answer lol 

what did ali do that was so great out the ring ? 

i’m thick enlighten me ffs lol

You are VERY thick, Gooey, and you DEFINITELY, need enlightening 

Perhaps chartpolski might enlighten you?!

@chartpolski

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

as ali did 

if i do have a white ancestor it wasnt consensual or among them lines the only reason he could fight like he did was because he had a white ancestor lol 

Faaackin helll!!!  Lol

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

as ali did 

No....somebody who thinks their race is superior is called a supremacist....and much like myself i never heard Ali say his race was " superior " to any other.

Again,preferring your own doesnt mean you hate others........races are different,the sooner societies acknowledge that the better.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

@chartpolski

Faaackin helll!!!  Lol

no answer again lol come on shaark ffs answer a question 

gnash talks sense gives you something to think about 

what did ali do so great out of the ring all you ever hear is he was greater out the ring and people just repeat it 

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

what did ali do so great out of the ring all you ever hear is he was greater out the ring and people just repeat it 

He stood up for his people.....much like Gandhi or any other leader through history.....he used his position as an elite athlete to better the cause for his people.....im not black so it makes no difference to me but if you was black you'd think he was great surely !

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

He stood up for his people.....much like Gandhi or any other leader through history.....he used his position as an elite athlete to better the cause for his people.....im not black so it makes no difference to me but if you was black you'd think he was great surely !

i think he was great in the ring and did has he wanted spoke his mind and was bang on the money in alot of what he said mate an didn’t care what people thought about what he said but i think he was racist  that ain’t a bad thing not as bad as we’re we are at now hating our own

15 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i think he was great in the ring and did has he wanted spoke his mind and was bang on the money in alot of what he said mate an didn’t care what people thought about what he said but i think he was racist  that ain’t a bad thing not as bad as we’re we are at now hating our own

Totally agree with every word Ali said in that interview and feel exactly the same myself........again,where is the racism ?

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Totally agree with every word Ali said in that interview and feel exactly the same myself........again,where is the racism ?

it would be classed as racist today 

like you i agree with him 

6 hours ago, shaaark said:

@chartpolski

Faaackin helll!!!  Lol

I don’t have many ,( if ANY heroes), and I like the old saying “never meet your heroes, you may not like what you see ! “, but Ali was a bit of a hero for me, and I lived through his times .

One of my great regrets is that I was invited to meet him , twice, when he visited my childrens schools, but I couldn’t make it.

For me, he was the greatest boxer of all time, certainly of his era when there was a multitude of great boxers.

What did he do out of the ring ? Well he stood up for his principles at a great cost to his fame and fortune, wether you agree with those principles or not, you have to admire him for it.

I remember when he was at the greyhound racing, with I think it was Harry Carpenter, and he berated Carpenter for calling one of the greyhounds a “bitch” ! Carpenter tried to explain that’s what a female dog is called, but Ali was having none of it and thought it was abusive !

Was he a racist ? You have to remember back then America was a VERY racist country, with some of the southern states still having Jim Crow legislation and segregation.

Ali, in my mind, wasn’t a white hater like the likes of Malclom X, but more a civil rights activist like Martin Luther King.

Just my opinion on a fascinating man.

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Before Ali, boxers, especially black boxers, were expected to  humbly thank their manager and their promoter and then be quiet. And then came Ali, outspoken,funny, entertaining,political, apparently invincible in the ring and unafraid of anything. He wasn't afraid of the terrifying American establishment or racists with guns. He said what we all felt: that the  Vietnam war was unjust and America was acting like a bullying terrorist nation. He said he was  prepared to die rather than murder brown people like himself thousands of miles away... people who had never done him any harm. 

I think he kind of gave everybody courage. He was an inspiration to us all. His memory brings a smile to all our lips. I loved the man. When he was in  his prime, dancing like a butterfly, stinging like a bee, it was a privilege to watch him.

I am not a fan of tattoes, but I bet there are hundreds of thousands of men of my generation with an Ali tattoo. That in itself, white men commemorating a black American, is pretty remarkable.

Thanks for the memories Ali.

Edited by jukel123
3 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I don’t have many ,( if ANY heroes), and I like the old saying “never meet your heroes, you may not like what you see ! “, but Ali was a bit of a hero for me, and I lived through his times .

One of my great regrets is that I was invited to meet him , twice, when he visited my childrens schools, but I couldn’t make it.

For me, he was the greatest boxer of all time, certainly of his era when there was a multitude of great boxers.

What did he do out of the ring ? Well he stood up for his principles at a great cost to his fame and fortune, wether you agree with those principles or not, you have to admire him for it.

I remember when he was at the greyhound racing, with I think it was Harry Carpenter, and he berated Carpenter for calling one of the greyhounds a “bitch” ! Carpenter tried to explain that’s what a female dog is called, but Ali was having none of it and thought it was abusive !

Was he a racist ? You have to remember back then America was a VERY racist country, with some of the southern states still having Jim Crow legislation and segregation.

Ali, in my mind, wasn’t a white hater like the likes of Malclom X, but more a civil rights activist like Martin Luther King.

Just my opinion on a fascinating man.

Cheers.

you might find this an interesting read charts Muhammad Ali and Malcolm X: Inside Their Brief But Impactful Relationship (biography.com)

I admire Ali as much as anyone ,but I just don't get his elevation to sainthood status , like all of us he was flawed ..The nation of Islam in which he was a minister was an anti white organisation ,so much so that it could be considered their sole reason for existing ,( check out their explanation for the origins of the white race )Ali bought into this 100% ,when his "friend " Malcolm x left the nation to join main stream Islam Ali turned his back on him ,he never ,ever mentioned the Vietnam war until after his draft , his "principles "often coincided with what was beneficial to him ,he had a nasty side (maybe not a fault in a fighter ,but if your going to grant him sainthood )that showed itself particularly with Patterson ,Frasier and especially the "what's my name " fight that he purposely dragged out ,I could go on and on ,but it just shows the man was human ,greatest heavyweight ever ,charismatic ,entertaining ,interesting ,but human and certainly no candidate for sainthood or the veneration that is bestowed on him nowadays ...God bless Ali rip 

• Like 5