our keeper from working lines

51 minutes ago, mr moocher said:

have to catch what?shes caught all on her own and she can motor

No harm dude but that dog round these parts ain't catching fcuk all, like has already been said I've also seen half xs really struggle on foxes, if it can't jump five bar gates and sheep netting with a couple of strands of barbed wire on top and be fast and agile while doing it then 99.9 % of stuff is getting away. 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this is kager eight weeks old full of confidence and very vocal,the other pictures his mum and dad thanks for looking

kager nine mths old on the 6th jan thanks for looking

Whys anyone worried.. theyre his mutts and he's happy with them. I'd only be worried what the parents are , age what graft there doing ect if I was buying one. Offering people out to try and

Posted Images

Glad it's not just me ,I've seen first crosses struggle to get up to gear ,and yes they catch stuff ,and punish it ,just not seeing those dogs being good for much apart from an end of a dig ,even then a well bred 1st cross is the tool for that job ,been lucky to see some good uns ! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, keepdiggin said:

I’m sure moocher will take one of you lads out to show you 

If Moocher wants to come down here I can put both in front of him and I'll have a good wager one of his dogs wont catch one.Ill even have a seperate bet that it wont put a bend in one.You can come and hold the money if you want.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Whys anyone worried.. theyre his mutts and he's happy with them.

I'd only be worried what the parents are , age what graft there doing ect if I was buying one.

Offering people out to try and make a lier out of them is rather childish if you ask me .

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Chid said:

I'd only be worried what the parents are , age what graft there doing ect if I was buying one.

Offering people out to try and make a lier out of them is rather childish if you ask me .

I know he’s not a loser his dogs are worked hard 

27 minutes ago, Chid said:

Im inclined to agree,when i first started coming on this forum one of the first important things i learned was the difference in mentality between dogs that hunt and dogs that compete....trying to make something that by its very nature is not " fair " into something competitive is not only hard work but almost impossible.....for me if the chaps dogs do what he wants a dog to do thats good enough,though i do think using the same terminology that people who compete with dogs do is wrong and somewhat naive.

• Like 9
2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Im inclined to agree,when i first started coming on this forum one of the first important things i learned was the difference in mentality between dogs that hunt and dogs that compete....trying to make something that by its very nature is not " fair " into something competitive is not only hard work but almost impossible.....for me if the chaps dogs do what he wants a dog to do thats good enough,though i do think using the same terminology that people who compete with dogs do is wrong and somewhat naive.

Likewise, however (and I really don’t give a shit) I think the little hullabaloo is because I think the lad was suggesting that the dog in the picture was catching deer and Fox which most of us would think unlikely…..if you have run them, you know.

Maybe he wasn’t suggesting that and even if he was, it don’t matter…..

• Like 1

I don’t think a hunting dog has to be able to catch game in a straight line with a fair  slip, many years back when hare coursing was legal a lad I New had a tiny little beddy cross that caught more hares than anything else around at the time, in the end lads would refuse to take him out, but if you just wanted food he was a winner, never catch one in a straight line but had just learned to predict the hare so while the big greyhound saluki types were coursing around the fields the little dog would just head for the gate and wait as he new the hare would head his way and bang he would nail them pissed everyone off an became a bit of a standing joke, plenty of dogs will learn and catch game in cover etc, obviously we can’t explain or express what we do or want from our dogs today, but I think it’s quite clear moochers dogs our well bred, well conditioned and game enough to keep him happy and full so whys anyone else worried 

• Like 4
46 minutes ago, WILF said:

Likewise, however (and I really don’t give a shit) I think the little hullabaloo is because I think the lad was suggesting that the dog in the picture was catching deer and Fox which most of us would think unlikely…..if you have run them, you know.

Maybe he wasn’t suggesting that and even if he was, it don’t matter…..

I think everyone will make claims its the nature of keeping working dogs i suppose its why for me sporting dogs was more black and white winner/loser no argument type of thing.....the thing that caught my eye on this topic was the breeding " proven " dogs when they're still basically puppies and justifying it by saying they will never quit,to me theres no opinion about that its just fundamentally wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Chid said:

You’re 100% right there Chid👍👍

My bitch killed 500 foxes before it's first birthday, she's 14 months now and I'm gonna take a litter from her because she'll NEVER Jack. 

Now everyone be quiet and mind their own business because I'm over the moon with my super duper double hard Jack Russell.

• Haha 6

At the end of the day there his dogs and its decision though for the type of work these types are used for it would just be common sense to test them over a few seasons unlike say a line of springers i kept that i bred some out of a bitch that was smashing cover and bidable to another spaniel doing the same so to me the bitch did not need to be 3 or 4 years old as i knew the pups would do what was required but coursing and earthwork and what ever these types are used for you need to have a different approach in testing them over at least a few seasons.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, dogmandont said:

You’re 100% right there Chid👍👍

My bitch killed 500 foxes before it's first birthday, she's 14 months now and I'm gonna take a litter from her because she'll NEVER Jack. 

Now everyone be quiet and mind their own business because I'm over the moon with my super duper double hard Jack Russell.

Must be a cork bred russell