another big cat sightings 2

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Wasn’t aware of any issues mate ,not real ones anyway .Banter is all it is ,good hard banter mate .

No, not real issues, just generalising, foxy. 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's great Greyman does his thing and doesn't give a f**k about his critics. Carry on carrying on Greyman.

Id trap it and take the cage to Notton Lane with a note saying " ave that soppy bollocks " ?

Feeders have been there years...get the odd rat but they don't last long,  either the cat or the airgun sorts em out ....I find the cover encourages the birds more 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, tonyormy1 said:

IS SHE THE DAVE WALKS ROUND THE WOODS AT NIGHT WITH 2 WORKING BEDDLINGTONS AND A MOGGY PEEKING OUT THE CHEEKS OF HER ARSE

?

Completely lost me there, mate?

1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

I was just thinking whether it would be possible to eliminate the fox from the UK. Not  because I want to. I was mulling over how clever they are and how they can evade guns, dogs, traps etc. I don't think it would be possible. Definitely wouldn't be possible to eliminate rats. So who knows maybe there are cats out there which have escaped elimination.

There's a quotation  which reads " Whenever a true genius appears in the world you can bet all the dunces will be in confederacy against him". Its part of human nature to ridicule those with a minority views. Its happens everywhere and right throughout history. But sometimes minority views are shown to be correct and those who ridiculed to be fools. Who knows? 

Or it could be the other way around. That is also very possible ?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

I was just thinking whether it would be possible to eliminate the fox from the UK. Not  because I want to. I was mulling over how clever they are and how they can evade guns, dogs, traps etc. I don't think it would be possible. Definitely wouldn't be possible to eliminate rats. So who knows maybe there are cats out there which have escaped elimination.

There's a quotation  which reads " Whenever a true genius appears in the world you can bet all the dunces will be in confederacy against him". Its part of human nature to ridicule those with a minority views. Its happens everywhere and right throughout history. But sometimes minority views are shown to be correct and those who ridiculed to be fools. Who knows? 

I think in the past poisons were used to eradicate species along with the other types of hunting which is why it would be hard today to eradicate anything as we are not so free with our use of poisons 

• Like 1

Theirs a guy called Dan flores who wrote a book "coyote america" I think it was called . Coyote something anyway. And he explains that no matter how hard people have tried to exterminate the coyote it always wins . Something along the lines of the lower the population goes the more they come into season and the more offspring they produce . I can't remember exactly but it was fascinating 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I think in the past poisons were used to eradicate species along with the other types of hunting which is why it would be hard today to eradicate anything as we are not so free with our use of poisons 

what poison were used to make a species extinct mate and what species ?

17 hours ago, Greyman said:

Yep, quite a few 'old fashioned' poisons not allowed for the last couple of decades.

1st one comes to mind is strychnine, been banned since the mid-late 80's, if my memory serves me right?

It was too haphazard, killing moles, then foxes, birds of prey etc etc, which fed on the carcasses of the moles, continuing the cycle of death.

Edited to add, Just checked, strychnine was banned in 2006!!

I was a tad surprised, definitely thought it was earlier than that?!

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 3
24 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Yep, quite a few 'old fashioned' poisons not allowed for the last couple of decades.

1st one comes to mind is strychnine, been banned since the mid-late 80's, if my memory serves me right?

It was too haphazard, killing moles, then foxes, birds of prey etc etc, which fed on the carcasses of the moles, continuing the cycle of death.

which species did it make extinct

Plenty poisons used in NZ, to try help eradicate several species. It's only a dream though. Just not possible apart from maybe small islands, and even at that, recolonizing is a thing.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Nothing escapes thermal though mate yet where are all the WhatsApp vids .

All the reasons why they evade detection don’t cancel out the reasons why we should be seeing them fairly regular on social media .

Theres plenty of wildlife folk with 500/600 mm lenses that get a clear pic half a mile away .My son in law went to Skomar island few days back or would of if they’d sailed that day .Too windy but he got decent pics of the puffins  from the cliff top opposite the island about 600m approx .Where are these clear pics of cats by lads out there just as much as any farmer or countryman .

Every single shooter I know up and down the country has thermal and apart from basic models all record images in 1080p HD yet where are they .

I suspect thermal is the norm nowadays .

Trail cams up and down the width and breadth of the UK yet nothing feasible in the media or from phone to phone .

Dosnt add up at all ,nor to those I speak to .

Still interesting though .

• Like 2

I think it highly unlikely too. But fair play to Greyman, he can believe and do what he likes.  Good luck to him. I would love it if he proved everybody wrong.

I dont know of any former or existing beef between you and Greyman. I'm not interested in taking sides.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, jukel123 said:

I think it highly unlikely too. But fair play to Greyman, he can believe and do what he likes.  Good luck to him. I would love it if he proved everybody wrong.

I dont know of any former or existing beef between you and Greyman. I'm not interested in taking sides.

The big difference here mate is I saw something myself that I could,not explain so I got off my arse and put in the miles to find out more and during that journey I have seen enough and met enough people to know I,m right I saw a black leopard in Dorset no doubts no ifs no buts it was close and daytime, but that just opens more questions were did it come from how did it get there etc so it’s not a conclusion but just the beginning, there is also no doubting they have bred here in the wild as I have seen the evidence but the big questions are simply are there enough to sustain a population are they slowly dying out through limited gene pools are they hybridising and is another subspecies of leopard developing right before our eyes 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
11 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Nothing escapes thermal though mate yet where are all the WhatsApp vids .

All the reasons why they evade detection don’t cancel out the reasons why we should be seeing them fairly regular on social media .

Theres plenty of wildlife folk with 500/600 mm lenses that get a clear pic half a mile away .My son in law went to Skomar island few days back or would of if they’d sailed that day .Too windy but he got decent pics of the puffins  from the cliff top opposite the island about 600m approx .Where are these clear pics of cats by lads out there just as much as any farmer or countryman .

Every single shooter I know up and down the country has thermal and apart from basic models all record images in 1080p HD yet where are they .

I suspect thermal is the norm nowadays .

Trail cams up and down the width and breadth of the UK yet nothing feasible in the media or from phone to phone .

Dosnt add up at all ,nor to those I speak to .

Still interesting though .

I think the main problem that is clear to see from anyone looking in is that you are a total walloper of a man with a very small circle of friends and not really the kind of go to guy you think you are and nobody would really want to share anything with you so you will just continue bumbling along in the dark thinking your right and making a lot of noise but without ever doing anything about anything that’s why we have quite a few of these and you will probably be the last man in England to be let in on the secret 

EF940A23-BD71-43E4-B8AD-9D6831783E90.jpeg

5AABD9CF-BBF2-451C-BC08-CDEF6275BBA7.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • paulus locked this topic