Is there any need for immigration,

After watching yesterday's budget, I am left with a bid confusion, He stated that there are 1.2 million job vacancies currently available in the UK, Next he stated that they will be taking steps to fill these vacancies from the 5 million who are not currently seeking employment. This are made up with a mixture of long term sick and those who have retired early. That equates to 4.16 people for every job vacancy, But then there's the 2.2 million who are already actively seeking work, That equates to 6 for every vacancy.
How many of these vacancies are zero hours contracts,
My next question would have to be given the above figures, Why do we need any immigration, We appear to have more than enough of our own people to fill these vacancies providing these vacancies are indeed full time paid employment.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite simple, if you're able to work and won't then stop benefits.

Short term yes the UK needs skilled immigrants,health care,engineers etc.The average uk kid doesn’t want to be an engineer nor nurse in general,but some countries are bursting with graduates who will

It's true.....there is a multi-generational culture of living the good life on benefits. Generations who have never witnessed or experienced work, living on benefits are the norm for them.  Not every

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, paulus said:

After watching yesterday's budget, I am left with a bid confusion, He stated that there are 1.2 million job vacancies currently available in the UK, Next he stated that they will be taking steps to fill these vacancies from the 5 million who are not currently seeking employment. This are made up with a mixture of long term sick and those who have retired early. That equates to 4.16 people for every job vacancy, But then there's the 2.2 million who are already actively seeking work, That equates to 6 for every vacancy.
How many of these vacancies are zero hours contracts,
My next question would have to be given the above figures, Why do we need any immigration, We appear to have more than enough of our own people to fill these vacancies providing these vacancies are indeed full time paid employment.

Yeah but we don't get the cultural enrichment to our society that these weary foreign travellers bring to these shores ,have you not being paying attention,? Its called diversity, forget your own history and culture, this is the way forward, 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Constantly hear probation service explaining why thieving little scumbags can't do unpaid work....they all have depression and anxiety. 

Our economy is based on foreign labour doing low paid work and British people escaping the invasion and wanting a nice little new build. That's the system they have designed for us to live under .....so yes.....we need mass immigration to keep the current system afloat. The only way to change it would be admit things are going to be difficult for a while..... and when we have a population that panic's when told there's no toilet roll, well people aren't going to accept that change are they. 

The banking and finance system.... including pensions are all now so linked into forever growth that 'sustainability' is unacceptable, we need growth growth growth. And what better way to do that than 500,000 spear chuckers every year 

Edited by DIDO.1

Short term yes the UK needs skilled immigrants,health care,engineers etc.The average uk kid doesn’t want to be an engineer nor nurse in general,but some countries are bursting with graduates who will apply and readily fill the UK skills shortages,train Brit kids but it’s going to take years and a mindset change,a lot of Brit kids think influencer or YouTuber is a genuine career path.Study and schooling are the way forward for the UK.

• Like 11
34 minutes ago, mackem said:

Short term yes the UK needs skilled immigrants,health care,engineers etc.The average uk kid doesn’t want to be an engineer nor nurse in general,but some countries are bursting with graduates who will apply and readily fill the UK skills shortages,train Brit kids but it’s going to take years and a mindset change,a lot of Brit kids think influencer or YouTuber is a genuine career path.Study and schooling are the way forward for the UK.

Tend to agree but also disagree, i learnt cock all until after i had left school. admittedly i didn't help the situation when at school but it was not for me, 

43 minutes ago, mackem said:

Will never happen mate. I work in construction and loads of workers on site are from EU and most engineers are foreign too. 

Skilled labour from abroad is cheaper and suits big companies / big money.  

Not all, but a lot of youngsters we employ don’t want to graft and expect big money without learning their trade.

Then there’s equality, trying to get more women, gays, blacks in construction

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Will never happen mate. I work in construction and loads of workers on site are from EU and most engineers are foreign too. 

Skilled labour from abroad is cheaper and suits big companies / big money.  

Not all, but a lot of youngsters we employ don’t want to graft and expect big money without learning their trade.

Then there’s equality, trying to get more women, gays, blacks in construction

Sadly thats the same story in warehouses and factory's ect , most of the british youths we get have zero work ethic and last afew weeks if that 

I know third world kids who studied degrees specifically to migrate to the west and work,times change,the world shrinks,Brit kids are going to face a lot of employment competition in the future.

2 minutes ago, steve66 said:

Sadly thats the same story in warehouses and factory's ect , most of the british youths we get have zero work ethic and last afew weeks if that 

Benefits has become a way of life instead of support. Why work 40 hours a week when you can ponce the same from the government? Pride amongst the working class has gone

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

I would say most of the unskilled jobs that are advertised on job sites are Agencies. I was a bit fedup with my job in the warehouse i work last October so put my CV up on a few of said sites i was bombarded with emails and phone calls about half a dozen of them with foreign accents every one was an employment agency and could not guarantee permanent work. Their was a big stink up at Rotherham hospital over the Christmas period as they wavered criminal checks on Roma Slovak cleaning staff due to shortage of cleaners. One of the things that winds me up is the young beggars in shop door ways in town's and city's who won't work or have no intention of working.