Are Electric cars a viable alternative.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have been ripped off big time with this electric car dream it’s going to die a certain death. I’d never have one, gay, feminine, typical divs car. If you had an emergency call for a serious family

No, pointless pieces of shite,the electric still comes from somewhere,just a way to try an control us

Posted Images

Men should drive gas gulling big v8s, big ole tanks, now they drive electric a Vauxhall Zoe , basically a coffin on 4 wheels, by the time he’s put his laptop in it thier no room for fuk all else.you often see them ringing the neck out of it in the middle lane doing 60mph , head pushed up against the screen slowly rocking back n forth trying to help it get over 60mph

• Haha 2

Hydrogen needs to be explored far more than it is.    Japan is doing well with Hydrogen cars in Japan, and Jim Radcliffe has one in the making.    There are other examples of Hydrogen vehicles but they appear to get very little publicity.

Electric seems a conspiracy promoted by Governments and lapped up by the gullible.   Electric is NOT the saviour of all transport, it has a long way to go in terms of its Green credentials, practicality and of course cost!!! 

On the face of it Hydrogen has a lot going for it.  So why don't we hear more about it???

• Like 2
On 08/03/2023 at 22:30, BaldMan said:

Ok so my understanding is Evs are to cut down on use of fossil fuels  , the batteries are constructed of lithium mainly mined in South America & South Africa causing massive deforestation by huge machinery  ( usually diesel powered )   . The many components  are shipped around the world to construct the vehicle i am led to believe that an Ev will have covered around 24k miles in construction . The majority of our electric comes from fossil fuel powered stations , no one wants nuclear plus solar  wind etc are still relatively small producers  . there is not the infrastructure to cope with Evs ( charging points ) , what happens when we all  get home from work at 6 pm plu the Ev in & put the kettle on . My thoughts on Evs 

All well and good them saying its to reduce fossil fuel use but petrol and diesel are not the main uses of crude, there are far more important products made from it so total demand for crude is not going to go down any time soon.

1 hour ago, Deker said:

Hydrogen needs to be explored far more than it is.    Japan is doing well with Hydrogen cars in Japan, and Jim Radcliffe has one in the making.    There are other examples of Hydrogen vehicles but they appear to get very little publicity.

Electric seems a conspiracy promoted by Governments and lapped up by the gullible.   Electric is NOT the saviour of all transport, it has a long way to go in terms of its Green credentials, practicality and of course cost!!! 

On the face of it Hydrogen has a lot going for it.  So why don't we hear more about it???

I live near MIRA (Motor Industry Research Association) They have been testing hydrogen cars for a good few years, Two years ago they build a whole factory dedicated to testing Hydrogen as an alternative to heating and lighting Homes. Testing is going on as someone with deep pockets is paying for all of that testing and evaluating. 

3 hours ago, paulus said:

I live near MIRA (Motor Industry Research Association) They have been testing hydrogen cars for a good few years, Two years ago they build a whole factory dedicated to testing Hydrogen as an alternative to heating and lighting Homes. Testing is going on as someone with deep pockets is paying for all of that testing and evaluating. 

JCB have invested a lot in hydrogen 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Deker said:

Simple answer is because you can make it yourself at home and that won’t work when you have to keep all the mp,s and lords in the style they are accustomed to, when they figure out a way to make sure you only use the hydrogen they sell you it will be rolled out much the same as the cannabis 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Simple answer is because you can make it yourself at home and that won’t work when you have to keep all the mp,s and lords in the style they are accustomed to, when they figure out a way to make sure you only use the hydrogen they sell you it will be rolled out much the same as the cannabis 

7 years in and a lot more money than I wanted to chuck at it...its not as easy as sticking a couple of electrodes in a bucket of water mate...but... its certainly the future Imo...so ill stick at it for a while longer...

3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

7 years in and a lot more money than I wanted to chuck at it...its not as easy as sticking a couple of electrodes in a bucket of water mate...but... its certainly the future Imo...so ill stick at it for a while longer...

100% agree mate should have been pushed before electric, there are plenty of people making it and showing how on YouTube so like I say they need to secure the fuel revenue before its rolled out, honesty and integrity mean absolutely nothing to those in charge only money and power 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

100% agree mate should have been pushed before electric, there are plenty of people making it and showing how on YouTube so like I say they need to secure the fuel revenue before its rolled out, honesty and integrity mean absolutely nothing to those in charge only money and power 

100% mate

Hac a lot of conversations all over the country and other parts of the world with councils, manufacturers, large fleet operators...been to trade shows and met high level players of Shell and BP...all say electric is a fallacy, unattainable, wasteful etc... I'm obviously commercially interested in this, bit even if I wasn't I'd hopd I could see the woods for the trees amongst the bullshit...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

100% mate

Hac a lot of conversations all over the country and other parts of the world with councils, manufacturers, large fleet operators...been to trade shows and met high level players of Shell and BP...all say electric is a fallacy, unattainable, wasteful etc... I'm obviously commercially interested in this, bit even if I wasn't I'd hopd I could see the woods for the trees amongst the bullshit...

When a company the size of this one is actively testing and evaluating Hydrogen as a replacement for fossil fuels in all aspects of our lives , There are not doing it for themselves, They are being funded by some major players, They were testing driverless cars a few years ago, Use to see them driving around in a convoy of 3, the driverless car was in the middle, A couple of years ago a faulty battery on an electric car lead to a fire that destroyed a whole triple unit of electric vehicle's. 

https://www.horiba-mira.com/

i know hybrid cars are a waste of time,a 250 mile trip in my 2012 Skoda Yeti 1.6 TDI Greenline(2WD) did an average of 75mpg, same trip in new Ford Puma 1.0L hybrid did the same trip at and averaged 43mpg