Brexit. Success? Too early to judge? Disaster?

I think its quite difficult to unpick any positives or negatives of brexit from the clusterfuck of events we have experienced of late,  The N.I protocol was always the sticking point,  the MSM won't be shouting this but recently the EU  have backed down considerably on the N.I protocol, its still not perfect but things are about to become a lot easier in that area, I always saw brexit as a stepping stone to  a better future for the UK not the full picture , we are slowly unpicking the EU's greedy talons from our laws and our sovereignty, getting rid  the ECHR  is the next step .

• Like 2

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A success in the vote, an abject failure in the execution, thanks to the establishment, the political class, the House of Lords, all of who won’t accept the result of a referendum, a popular vote, mos

Funny that... I've set up 3 new business in the brexit and post brexit period,  The technology business (Atmos-Clear) isn't easy and requires a lot of investment, we've secured, government a

The shithouse remainers tried everything to reverse Brexit but couldn’t, so they decided to oppose everything about Brexit and blame everything on Brexit, just so they could say “I told you !”. I

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, kanny said:

I think its quite difficult to unpick any positives or negatives of brexit from the clusterfuck of events we have experienced of late,  The N.I protocol was always the sticking point,  the MSM won't be shouting this but recently the EU  have backed down considerably on the N.I protocol, its still not perfect but things are about to become a lot easier in that area, I always saw brexit as a stepping stone to  a better future for the UK not the full picture , we are slowly unpicking the EU's greedy talons from our laws and our sovereignty, getting rid  the ECHR  is the next step .

Why do you want to get rid of the ECHR?

16 minutes ago, VOON said:

Why do you want to get rid of the ECHR?

When we joined it was the Common Market!   In principle there was nothing wrong with that, but it developed into the Federal Republic of Europe and we lost control of loads of things. 

We still comply with the ECHR and many other EU things, but for the purists out means out!

I never did, and still don't have any particular issue with, a Common Market (dependent on specific rules) it can make a lot of sense!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, kanny said:

The simple answer is the ECHR overrides our sovereignty. 

Ye were a founder member, it doesn’t…Pure Bollix….Ye will be a pariah if that happens….a dictatorship in the hands of one party…with all the strokes they’ve pulled …if ye can’t understand the problems of the Protocol…..try leaving the ECHR with the NI situation….next step a commie state…..

Boris in the Ukraine protesting against tyranny…..

That will be the end of Great Britain…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, VOON said:

Ye were a founder member, it doesn’t…Pure Bollix….Ye will be a pariah if that happens….a dictatorship in the hands of one party…with all the strokes they’ve pulled …if ye can’t understand the problems of the Protocol…..try leaving the ECHR with the NI situation….next step a commie state…..

voon. you need to put the glue bag down ? 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, VOON said:

Do you mean we will be like Russia and Belarus by any chance?  

26 minutes ago, kanny said:

Do you mean we will be like Russia and Belarus by any chance?  

Ye would be a one party totalitarian state…ruled by a version of RWC….but ye won’t be allowed anyhows…Nortern Ireland and world peace will a threat….as Priti and Suella are set up to spout rubbish against the ECHR by the ERG.  All democratic states will boycott GB….The reasoning to leave the ECHR is just a hawarden kite, and will cause the quislings to emerge from the woodwork…..global companies will boycott Britain and ye will be set back years…..like it or not….money is now the global power……

Now you gave the simple answer give us the complicated answer…..it’s always good to discuss amicably…..

1 minute ago, VOON said:

Ye would be a one party totalitarian state…ruled by a version of RWC….but ye won’t be allowed anyhows…Nortern Ireland and world peace will a threat….as Priti and Suella are set up to spout rubbish against the ECHR by the ERG.  All democratic states will boycott GB….The reasoning to leave the ECHR is just a hawarden kite, and will cause the quislings to emerge from the woodwork…..global companies will boycott Britain and ye will be set back years…..like it or not….money is now the global power……

Now you gave the simple answer give us the complicated answer…..it’s always good to discuss amicably…..

1 minute ago, VOON said:

I've got stuff on so keeping it short but I forgot to  add to russia and Belarus,  you know who else isn't bound by the  ECHR?  The EUROPEAN UNION ??    ? ? 

All 47 Council of Europe member states, including the 27 EU countries, are already parties to the European Convention on Human Rights. However, the EU itself is not.
This means that actions of the EU’s institutions, agencies and other bodies cannot currently be challenged at the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg.

I'll let that sink in with you whilst I get a few jobs done ✔️ 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, kanny said:

I've got stuff on so keeping it short but I forgot to  add to russia and Belarus,  you know who else isn't bound by the  ECHR?  The EUROPEAN UNION ??    ? ? 

All 47 Council of Europe member states, including the 27 EU countries, are already parties to the European Convention on Human Rights. However, the EU itself is not.
This means that actions of the EU’s institutions, agencies and other bodies cannot currently be challenged at the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg.

I'll let that sink in with you whilst I get a few jobs done ✔️ 

It’s sunk in long ago Fella….

but individual laws passed in a country illegally can be appealed to the ECHR….

Sovereignty innit……

Thats the whole idea of the EU…..What you claim to want ye have….

I’ll let that sink in. ?

Edited by VOON
3 minutes ago, VOON said:

It’s sunk in long ago Fella….

but individual laws passed in a country illegally can be appealed to the ECHR….

Sovereignty innit……

Thats the whole idea of the EU…..What you claim to one ye have….

I’ll let that sink in. ?

How is that in any form sovereignty lol read what you wrote again  

7 minutes ago, VOON said:

Most definitely is sovereignty……What is the purpose of the ECHR? Why was it set up? Who set it up? 

Sovereign law can not be trumped Its the Crowns sovereign right to change policy that's what sovereignty means, the moment you lose the right to pass certain laws you lose sovereignty by its very definition. 

• Like 3