New football thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

Been some good games this week I enjoyed luton arsenal funny seeing a game played at such a old fashioned ground in the premiership  like Kenilworth rd were the away end is through some terraced houses villa have come on this season and Everton are picking up points now watched utd to me they looked wide open in midfield at times as d Chelsea who's finishing let them down arsenal villa should be a good game tomorrow what do you lads reckon about the ramsdale reya situation 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Been some good games this week I enjoyed luton arsenal funny seeing a game played at such a old fashioned ground in the premiership  like Kenilworth rd were the away end is through some terraced houses villa have come on this season and Everton are picking up points now watched utd to me they looked wide open in midfield at times as d Chelsea who's finishing let them down arsenal villa should be a good game tomorrow what do you lads reckon about the ramsdale reya situation 

I have said this before but I don’t think Arsenals “problems” (wrong word but I can’t think of a better one) lay with a goal keeper, I think Arsenal lack “killers” all over the pitch…..I don’t mean players who kick people, I mean the mentality that really wants to go and cut a teams throat and relish the adversity. 
But, on the subject of Arsenals keepers I think Ramsdales treatment has been brutal…..but, a keeper is an easy sacrifice imho.

Seems to be a thing lately, having a keeper for this and a keeper for that but Ramsdale can’t be happy can he ?

Edited by WILF

I don't think ramsdale is happy I think his dad mentioned it a while back  but a keeper that can play out from the back seems all the fashion theses days  city's keeper does it brilliantly I was surprised they signed havertz especially for that figure I think they will try and sign a prolific striker in jan  though and offload a few but rice as been a good signing for them talking about ramsdale I wonder if Newcastle given popes injure will test the waters with a transfer 

2 hours ago, Blackmag said:

I don't think ramsdale is happy I think his dad mentioned it a while back  but a keeper that can play out from the back seems all the fashion theses days  city's keeper does it brilliantly I was surprised they signed havertz especially for that figure I think they will try and sign a prolific striker in jan  though and offload a few but rice as been a good signing for them talking about ramsdale I wonder if Newcastle given popes injure will test the waters with a transfer 

I don’t think Howe is a rock the boat type of coach, I think he is more a “I’ll believe in you if you believe in me” type of bloke…..imho, that type of bloke waits for a full assessment of Popes injury and then decides. 

What do you reckon mate ?

• Like 1
19 hours ago, WILF said:

I don’t think Howe is a rock the boat type of coach, I think he is more a “I’ll believe in you if you believe in me” type of bloke…..imho, that type of bloke waits for a full assessment of Popes injury and then decides. 

What do you reckon mate ?

Yes I agree and looking at it would ramsdale leave arsenal if he wasn't guaranteed to be first choice keeper else were watched utd second half Bournemouth were worthy winners utd had nothing from front to back again and bayern and Liverpool up next it could be a even worst week for utd and ten haig 

I am not looking forward to the Spurs v Newcastle game tomorrow. I am not bothered about getting beat, that's not the problem. Newcastle have been on a remarkable upward trajectory ever since the takeover. Barring those in football and politics who have a problem with the owners getting their way that upward trajectory can only continue. What I am not enjoying is seeing players who have performed magnificently running on empty. That's football of course, everyone has injuries and currently we do not have the strength in depth to cope with it. 

Most worrying for me is Isak. One  of those centre forwards who if he gets a chance, or half a chance, invariably puts the ball in the net. In the last few games he is missing, by his standards, sitters. I worry that he has not fully recovered from the groin injury and is "pulling his punches" as a result. Scared to give his all for fear of aggravating the injury. Just hope that does not happen or that his goal scoring confidence becomes dented as result of the current situation. 

Not a winge, or sudden self entitlement, just concerned for the superb players that have given so much in last 2 seasons.

11 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

I am not looking forward to the Spurs v Newcastle game tomorrow. I am not bothered about getting beat, that's not the problem. Newcastle have been on a remarkable upward trajectory ever since the takeover. Barring those in football and politics who have a problem with the owners getting their way that upward trajectory can only continue. What I am not enjoying is seeing players who have performed magnificently running on empty. That's football of course, everyone has injuries and currently we do not have the strength in depth to cope with it. 

Most worrying for me is Isak. One  of those centre forwards who if he gets a chance, or half a chance, invariably puts the ball in the net. In the last few games he is missing, by his standards, sitters. I worry that he has not fully recovered from the groin injury and is "pulling his punches" as a result. Scared to give his all for fear of aggravating the injury. Just hope that does not happen or that his goal scoring confidence becomes dented as result of the current situation. 

Not a winge, or sudden self entitlement, just concerned for the superb players that have given so much in last 2 seasons.

I wouldn't worry look at haaland given the chances he's missed in his last couple of games you would of sworn he would of scored most of them 

On 08/12/2023 at 20:30, Blackmag said:

Hurry up and pay for Raya and give JDT some funds before he leaves for a Palace or Forest etc.

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Newcastle got showed today they aren’t anywhere near contenders 

Most of us never thought we were contenders.

We though maybe five years before we cracked the top six.

It was exceptional to reach fourth after one and a half seasons, the momentum couldn’t realistically continue.

The horrendous injury list is having an effect now but it’s not an excuse, the squad is too thin, it will be added to in the coming windows. 
I’ll be at the Milan game on Wednesday, something I could only of dreamed of two seasons ago.

Cheers.

• Like 1
Just now, chartpolski said:

Most of us never thought we were contenders.

We though maybe five years before we cracked the top six.

It was exceptional to reach fourth after one and a half seasons, the momentum couldn’t realistically continue.

The horrendous injury list is having an effect now but it’s not an excuse, the squad is too thin, it will be added to in the coming windows. 
I’ll be at the Milan game on Wednesday, something I could only of dreamed of two seasons ago.

Cheers.

You can’t perform at the levels they have and not expect a dip at some point, these lads are expending elite athlete levels of energy 3 times a week and then juggling with recovery/training…..then as you say you add injury’s into the equation.

You are watching great football, win or loose you should be enjoying that which I think you are mate.

• Like 2