New football thread

A magnificent performance and result from Newcastle United in Milan tonight. Did I watch a different game in an alternate universe to the energy vampires commentating on it? Dan Burn, 31 year old released by NUFC at 16. Jacob Murphy, Championship quality player at best until Eddie Howe managed him, Fabian Schar, signed for £3.5m, Sean Longstaff, home grown, Elliot Anderson home grown, Miggy, club record signing at the time at £21m, Callum Wilson £20m. All pre takeover, all staring down the barrel of relegation before Eddie Howe came in. All played tonight and got a draw at AC Mlilan in the Champions League. That was the match I watched and loved every second of it.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

1 hour ago, eastcoast said:

A magnificent performance and result from Newcastle United in Milan tonight. Did I watch a different game in an alternate universe to the energy vampires commentating on it? Dan Burn, 31 year old released by NUFC at 16. Jacob Murphy, Championship quality player at best until Eddie Howe managed him, Fabian Schar, signed for £3.5m, Sean Longstaff, home grown, Elliot Anderson home grown, Miggy, club record signing at the time at £21m, Callum Wilson £20m. All pre takeover, all staring down the barrel of relegation before Eddie Howe came in. All played tonight and got a draw at AC Mlilan in the Champions League. That was the match I watched and loved every second of it.

I watched it and am extremely happy with the result, but Milan were probably the better team, but didn’t take their chances. Newcastle were resolute in defending but never looked like scoring until the final minute of the game.

Its a great start to the campaign, especially with PSG beating Dortmund.

Im looking forward to the ride ! 
Remember, we were candidates for relegation two seasons ago, now we are going to the San Siro and getting a well deserved draw !

Cheers.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, lanesra said:

North London derby in 13hrs & 13mins my lucky number 😉

Going to be game of the season so far that is.

We May just nick something at Liverpool, if they can’t penetrate our 9 men in the box and Liverpool’s defence looks as shaky as it did the other night then you never know ? 
Antonio is a unit and Van Dyke isn’t looking as comfortable as he used to.

Just watched North London Derby. I was appreciating the silky skills of Saka and then he cynically tried to get a man sent off for a fifty fifty challenge. Absolute shithouse. Then Var officials cop out of making a decision and bully the ref into making the decision. The ref knows he will be demoted if he doesn't make the decision Var so slyly opted out of. Disgusting.  It was never a pen.

Nice to see a proper bloke in  charge at Spurs.  Just shows you how a bit of backbone can be introduced into a team which have always been known as easybeats.

Arteta  cuts a ridiculous figure, non stop running up and down and gesticulating in his technical area. Sir Alf never moved  an inch from his bench when we scored 4 goals in 1966.

Modern football is like wrestling..more drama and dishonesty than reality. f****n shame lads.

Edited by jukel123
40 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Just watched North London Derby. I was appreciating the silky skills of Saka and then he cynically tried to get a man sent off for a fifty fifty challenge. Absolute shithouse. Then Var officials cop out of making a decision and bully the ref into making the decision. The ref knows he will be demoted if he doesn't make the decision Var so slyly opted out of. Disgusting.  It was never a pen.

Nice to see a proper bloke in  charge at Spurs.  Just shows you how a bit of backbone can be introduced into a team which have always been known as easybeats.

Arteta  cuts a ridiculous figure, non stop running up and down and gesticulating in his technical area. Sir Alf never moved  an inch from his bench when we scored 4 goals in 1966.

Modern football is like wrestling..more drama and dishonesty than reality. f****n shame lads.

I don’t know if it’s a valid assessment but, despite playing lovely football, I think Arsenal lack that little bit of “nasty killer”……there’s no killers in that team, especially in front of goal, who want to go and bully teams.

They all look like lads you wouldn’t mind taking your sister out rather than people who drown kittens for fun ! 

Sometimes, you need a few kitten drowners on your team ! Lol 😂 

They buckled last season season when the killers from City found their stride…..that, imho, was the difference.

City don’t just want to win, they want to humiliate teams and that’s what all the best teams want imho……Arsenal I think are lacking that nasty streak. 

As for Arteta, everyone has their own personality and you can see those lads love playing for and training with him…..it’s just his way.

Postacoglu has the yids playing without fear and enjoying every second from what I have seen.

Two teams playing the game how it should be played.

Even my little Hammers played well from what I have read despite the result.

Still loath Moyes though ! Lol 😂 

4 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Are you for real , ffs not once did Saka do what he should of done and took the full back on and putting him under pressure knowing he was on a yellow , that’s part off todays game whether you agree with it or not , no penalty ?? what sport are you talking about , if the ball doesn’t hit his outstretched arm Ben White scores , hitting his outstretched arm deflected it from where it was heading iso that determines a blatant penalty.

11 hours ago, lanesra said:

Are you for real , ffs not once did Saka do what he should of done and took the full back on and putting him under pressure knowing he was on a yellow , that’s part off todays game whether you agree with it or not , no penalty ?? what sport are you talking about , if the ball doesn’t hit his outstretched arm Ben White scores , hitting his outstretched arm deflected it from where it was heading iso that determines a blatant penalty.

What was Jorginho thinking ?……in a team that practice moving the ball around day in, day out he must have had a total brain freeze ? 

And Gabriel Jesus ?…..for me, Haaland scores that all day long and that’s what’s lacking ?

Son was taking no such prisoners. 

13 hours ago, lanesra said:

Actually you are right about the handball. I've just read the new rules. Apologies.

Knowing a man is on a yellow and deliberately trying to get him sent off may be part of the modern game as you say. But for me the game is being ruined by players feigning injury. It's not sporting behaviour as I know it. 

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Actually you are right about the handball. I've just read the new rules. Apologies.

Knowing a man is on a yellow and deliberately trying to get him sent off may be part of the modern game as you say. But for me the game is being ruined by players feigning injury. It's not sporting behaviour as I know it.

Jmho, but you used to be able to have a proper nasty physical battle with your opposite number, there was no need to try and get him sent off because it could be a bruising encounter and one of you came up trumps or cancelled each other out….either way, mutual respect or a punch up after the game. Sorted !

Now, where every tackle is a free kick almost, it’s what players have to gain advantage instead of physicality….again, just my humble opinion.

Dont blame players, blame FIFA & UEFA….they changed the rules. 

As for penalty’s, if a defender sticks out a leg or a hand and there’s no nailed on gap to score then any forward is going over or appealing……always have, always will.

Just now, WILF said:

Jmho, but you used to be able to have a proper nasty physical battle with your opposite number, there was no need to try and get him sent off because it could be a bruising encounter and one of you came up trumps or cancelled each other out….either way, mutual respect or a punch up after the game. Sorted !

Now, where every tackle is a free kick almost, it’s what players have to gain advantage instead of physicality….again, just my humble opinion.

Dont blame players, blame FIFA & UEFA….they changed the rules. 

As for penalty’s, if a defender sticks out a leg or a hand and there’s no nailed on gap to score then any forward is going over or appealing……always have, always will.

Fair.

15 hours ago, chartpolski said:

A stroll in the park ! Next three games ; Man City league cup, Burnley Premier Leage, PSG Champions League !

Cheers.

I think that’s a bit of a dis-service to Newcastle, they cut Sheffield to pieces…..it was breathtaking.

Theres absolutely no easy teams at that level.

They pulled holes so big in the Sheffield back line you could have sailed a tanker through them, that don’t happen by accident or because Sheffield don’t know how to play…..that’s hours on the training ground executed to precision ! 

I thought we played very well from the edited bits I watched, that Paqueta is a player and his range of passing is fantastic and Antonio just mauls and rolls people, without Trent they had a problem with him. 

Much better players than the type of football Moyes has them playing sometimes.

• Like 1

I like to keep things simple. Football you play by the rules, boxing play by the rules, street fight, no rules.  My simple brain doesn't like exceptions or muddle. For example when Roy Keane deliberately targeted Alf Haaland's knee years back he was a complete shithouse. He did it in the most public way so football audiences could see him as the hard man. He didn't give two fucks how his team fared afterwards with only 10 men. If he really had beef with Haaland he could have knocked on his door and agreed to go somewhere quiet. He actually targeted the man's livelihood. Very low imo. There are still some players who refuse to feign injury, they should be singled out for praise. Maybe the culture would change then. But I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by jukel123