Arrested for thought.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not as simple as that. Theres a "buffer zone " around abortion clinics, to stop protesters harassing women going into the clinics. This woman has form for this, and runs some sort of anti ab

There are many medical and personal reasons to abort a fetus and seeing as you don't own a womb,what the fcuk has it got to do with you except to push your warped god shit upon people?... .

should only be available for victims of rape/abuse and on medical grounds imo ....NOT because your to lazy to put something on it or got no elastic in your draws....

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

They did start because of faith mate .Christians went to war  in the Middle East over their god back before oil was ever found .In fact Christians have gone to war  with every other faith just because it was different and they wanted to stamp their faith on the world .

more people died in the 100 yr war over here than all of the crusades in the holy land... believe it or not?

10 minutes ago, Francie, said:

Thats bollocks charts, put up your contradictions to we hear them mate.

I'll make it simple, which version of god and the bible do you believe in ?

The angry, vengeful , cruel god of the Old Testament, who tormented Job, for a bet with the devil, who turned Lots wife into a pillar of salt for simply looking over her shoulder, who told us an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth ?

Or do you believe in the compassionate, loving god of the New Testament, who tells us to love thy neighbour, turn the other cheek, do unto others as you'd have done to yourself ?

I could go on and on, I may not believe in god, but I have studied the bible.

As I said earlier, you have your faith, I respect that. I don't really want to get into theological arguments with you, as we won't change each other's views ?

Cheers.

3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I'll make it simple, which version of god and the bible do you believe in ?

The angry, vengeful , cruel god of the Old Testament, who tormented Job, for a bet with the devil, who turned Lots wife into a pillar of salt for simply looking over her shoulder, who told us an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth ?

Or do you believe in the compassionate, loving god of the New Testament, who tells us to love thy neighbour, turn the other cheek, do unto others as you'd have done to yourself ?

I could go on and on, I may not believe in god, but I have studied the bible.

As I said earlier, you have your faith, I respect that. I don't really want to get into theological arguments with you, as we won't change each other's views ?

Cheers.

But thats not a contradiction, it might hurt your feelings but its not a contradiction, if you studied the bible youd know that jesus fulfilled the old testament an the new is the way forward,completley different time frames, in the o.t time people werent far from creation an knew God existed but still carried on with therecevil ways so Imo God was more strict for a better word, when jesus came it changed, to accept him an cover your sins on judgement day, not as clear cut as you say mate but fair enough.

39 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

They did start because of faith mate .Christians went to war  in the Middle East over their god back before oil was ever found .In fact Christians have gone to war  with every other faith just because it was different and they wanted to stamp their faith on the world .

The  crusaders went to war because they wanted the holy lands back which the Muslims took.. 

16 minutes ago, Francie, said:

But thats not a contradiction, it might hurt your feelings but its not a contradiction, if you studied the bible youd know that jesus fulfilled the old testament an the new is the way forward,completley different time frames, in the o.t time people werent far from creation an knew God existed but still carried on with therecevil ways so Imo God was more strict for a better word, when jesus came it changed, to accept him an cover your sins on judgement day, not as clear cut as you say mate but fair enough.

Why on earth would it hurt my feelings ?

I see it as a huge contradiction between two parts of the bible, you don't.

Simple as that ?

Cheers.