Logs for the Fire

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found this old Poem about the best logs to burn. Cheers Arry  

Get 8 euro pallets or 4 normal size ones in my wee Yaris when the back seats are out  ?

Went to fill the tranny with fuel for next weeks return to work, as it’s raining misses is cleaning and doing laundry I wasn’t in any rush so had a slow bumble down the lane And in under an hour picke

Posted Images

I've just done some moles for a farm that produces kiln dried logs so I always just take logs rather than bill him. 3 big bags beginning of the season and 3 due before Christmas. Mix that with all my own collected logs and I'm sorted for this year and into next winter.

Mrs hasn't been working for months so I've used double the smokeless coal, normally a scoop at night but I've been doing one in the morning as well....I've used 200kg already ?. Might have to order another 250. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Arry said:

Found this old Poem about the best logs to burn.

Firewood-Poem-Congreve-721x1024.jpg.2edeffceebd90af192a1b896d88a07ca.jpg

Cheers Arry

Doesn't seem to mention anything about the pallets I'm burning ??

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Many years ago in the forestry one of my jobs was pointing fence posts on a pto driven saw bench. So every post you would have four cut offs by the side of the blade that you had to grab and throw behind. There was mountains of the stuff in various sizes upto gatepost. We mostly pushed it over the edge of the tracks to rot but did burn some at home. But sparky as hell and tarred up chimney

Image (4).jpeg

Image (5).jpeg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Best firewoods the free kind ?

Get 8 euro pallets or 4 normal size ones in my wee Yaris when the back seats are out  ?

IMG_20221208_124402__01.jpg.92775989ac8351e2f8681032aa138e3f.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Beggars can’t be choosers I,ll burn anything, I don’t have the storage space on a boat to build up big reserves but have a map in my mind of fallen trees and ones that are dead but still standing so once a week I collect a weeks worth carry a chainsaw in the van everywhere and grab what I can, have even coned a road off before now put the high viz on and logged up fallers in the past no one bats an eyelid as long as you have cones and high viz ???

• Like 2

anyone in South Wales want firewood? I've got a load F.O.C,on the deck,you can cut and collect as much as you want...also got around 100 old railway sleepers you could burn and  use for the mancave/workshop..ive cut off most the stumps and root balls,there's beech,silver birch...saves me spending 2 weeks chopping and chippingDSC_3461.JPG.5d2c65569a35bbe8903ca5b9c1b280b2.JPGDSC_3525.JPG.064c92ad57b2702f78ad057a5adedaf7.JPGDSC_3530.JPG.1e478b8840b36e18992969a957e71ef2.JPG??

• Like 5