This is heart breaking

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I lived and grew up in a tiny rural town  as I child I regularly walked the solway firth when the tide was out . I’ve stepped off a large road bridge over 100ft into a river that’s claimed many l

Been watching it half the night mate, not nice to ask these questions but wtf were they doing out on there own one of them is 6 yo ffs ?

Three boys die after falling through ice into Babbs Mill Lake in Solihull NEWS.SKY.COM A search is continuing at the lake - about five miles east of Birmingham city centre - al

Posted Images

6 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I lived and grew up in a tiny rural town 

as I child I regularly walked the solway firth when the tide was out . I’ve stepped off a large road bridge over 100ft into a river that’s claimed many lives over the last ten years . My cousin received an award for his attempts to pull a lad out of the water when he over reached himself and tragically passed in the same stretch.

I regularly biked with my friends 9 miles each way to a bridge of 150ft to do the same . Often at night . I was about 10.

We also had an open air pool , at the school where jumping off the gym roof into the deep end was a form of passage .

In winter , the fence proved little barrier to our adolescence nonsense of sliding around on the thick ice with my friends.

5 years ago I carried a lad into a church who should still be here . He made the mistake of attempting to swim a large fast flowing river at night whilst drunk .my friend was with him , they were grown men . You want to see mental health , talk to my friend who faced the challenge of deciding that they both drown or to leave and go fetch help , I’ve no doubt one day he’ll be also be buried before his time . 

I’ve been following this story and I’m not ashamed to say that I was very upset for a moment when I read the news . I have a little 5 year old boy , he’s wild , he’s carefree and he’s very much a 2.0 version of myself . I couldn’t live without him or indeed his ten year old sister . They are my world and the idea that I would loose them through such a tragedy has made me stop and think what my Acton’s meant to my own mother

please cherish , educate and imbue upon your kids that water isn’t fun . It’s dangerous regardless of its state . It’s not worth the rush . Please do all you can to keep them out of harms way .

God bless those children , I hope that their parents finds some peace in their remaining lives . 

Excellent post my friend ?

1 hour ago, sandymere said:

By the grace of god go all of us from earlier generations, in the 60's and 70's its a wonder we made it to adulthood. I can have no idea what the parents must feel and the if only's going through their heads.

I was thinking about this earlier. We were the latch key generation on the estate where i grew up. The same as the dogs. we lived outside other than bedtime or meal time.  i would think most of that generation of kids were the same, Yes we all did some daft to downright dangerous things. Me possibly being one of the worst But we also seamed to have responsibility at the same time, I can remember whilst at junior school, Me and my sister who was a year older would walk home, Any weather, Let ourselves into the house. Light the pot bellied boiler in the kitchen by means of the gas poker behind the cooker, We would then peel spuds, chop vegetable's and put the meat into the oven so all was ready before our mother got home from work. 

Then there were the daft and downright dangerous things.

Playing with jam jars full of Mercury.

Digging holes to silly depths with no shuttering whilst collecting old bottles.

Playing chicken between parked cars and on the trainlines.

Messing about on frozen lakes ponds and canals.

Chucking asbestos onto fires,

Having wars with air guns and catapults.

I could go on but you get the picture.

Going back to the dogs, nearly everybody's dog roamed the estate in the daytime, mostly in packs but the strange thing is, i can never remember anyone getting bitten,

2 hours ago, sandymere said:

By the grace of god go all of us from earlier generations, in the 60's and 70's its a wonder we made it to adulthood. I can have no idea what the parents must feel and the if only's going through their heads.

Agreed,i was only talking to a pal about this incident earlier i was saying words to the effect of " what were kids so young doing out on their own "....he just looked at me and laughed...." think of some of the mad shit we was doing at that age "......brought it home really,here we all are moaning kids are stuck behind computer screens all day yet we still give off when they're out and about enjoying the outdoors......accidents happen sadly.....tragic,my heart go's out to them parents.

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Exactly same as mine mate

If you did you would have the social services and the politically correct brigade on your arse within days, You know the same lot who are the f***ing reason you can not let your kids be kids in the first f***ing place, 

4 minutes ago, paulus said:

If you did you would have the social services and the politically correct brigade on your arse within days, You know the same lot who are the f***ing reason you can not let your kids be kids in the first f***ing place, 

Nobody is telling me how to raise my kids mate I’ve made mistakes in life probably more then most but I won’t let my kids do the same 

Just now, keepdiggin said:

Nobody is telling me how to raise my kids mate I’ve made mistakes in life probably more then most but I won’t let my kids do the same 

As i have already said, my history does not give me the right to lecture anybody on bringing up kids but, it was defiantly different when i grew up. 

1 minute ago, paulus said:

As i have already said, my history does not give me the right to lecture anybody on bringing up kids but, it was defiantly different when i grew up. 

I know mate I wasn’t having a go at you. Times are changing but bullying on Facebook and peodos grooming online no where is safe for many kids

• Like 2