• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bull Grey x Saluki Grey     

Grebs kitchen table 

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

People always laugh when a greyhound or something similar is used over a bitch, but they’ll look at paying £500+ to use a stud dog that nobodies ever seen run as a safe bet, strange carry on.

i’ve never paid for a stud dog but would if i wanted or liked it i’d never dream of putting a greyhound over me dog not in a million years why would you ?

11 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

People always laugh when a greyhound or something similar is used over a bitch, but they’ll look at paying £500+ to use a stud dog that nobodies ever seen run as a safe bet, strange carry on.

TBH I have been guilty of being dead against adding pure grey blood in the past.

I had this greyhound bitch on the yard for about 6 month before I decided to use her, she was exercised like a lurcher doing up to five mile behind the quad a few times a week, in the back of the 4x4 for nights out allowing her to get a mouthful of stuff. She settled and turned sensible after a few knocks, very obedient and a pleasure to have around. Her pups turned out fine apart from being a bit lighter boned than I am used to. 

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i’ve never paid for a stud dog but would if i wanted or liked it i’d never dream of putting a greyhound over me dog not in a million years why would you ?

I wouldn’t because I don’t think it would do my current dogs any favours, but I wouldn’t be going & using any of these big name stud dogs either that get ran once a fortnight if they’re lucky

2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

i learned go bk to a greyhound never works a very long time ago mate lol 

😐

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

exactly how i found it going to a greyhound 

and was told before hand what would happen 

🤔

29 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Oh ye of exiguous brain power.  🙂

• Haha 2

I'm not going to get involved in this discussion other than add ,my mate has a greyhound bitch at the moment that's killed everything you could dream of and in style and can stay on a fair bit on fast stuff,I'd be proud to own her,she's used extensively for foxes but she's ran over 2 large fields on a hare and killed it ,in style,I wouldn't scratch them off the list by no means

• Like 5
53 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

I'm not going to get involved in this discussion other than add ,my mate has a greyhound bitch at the moment that's killed everything you could dream of and in style and can stay on a fair bit on fast stuff,I'd be proud to own her,she's used extensively for foxes but she's ran over 2 large fields on a hare and killed it ,in style,I wouldn't scratch them off the list by no means

you do get em that  are deadly on fox mate

Edited by mC HULL
  • Haha 1

I made a mistake 15 years ago with my first proper dog I bred a litter with her to try breed out the faults with using the sire

learnt lesson from that breed only best to best or if line bred plan properly 

also main lesson ….. cull she had 9 pups 2 bitches that’s all we wanted and we should have done the rest surplus and ended up god knows where I’d rather decide a dogs fate myself than know it was going merry go round 

Ive done it not happily but knew it was right thing with just about every terrier I’ve had not suitable for pet home and not suitable to work 

• Like 2

Going back to greyhound bad feet 

look outstanding because there up and at them and putting pressure on 

one lamping trip every two weeks 

line bred coursing dog I have now doesn’t have great feet but you can run him 2 times a week three times daytime on what he’s bred for 

new thing for me to be honest to actually think and take that into consideration but he’s mustard for what he’s bred for

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

you do get em that  are deadly on fox mate

This bitch is all round deadly,she's taken big and small ,long drawn out runs to fast and final ,she's taken some punishment too and never took a step back ,..she's going to be a producer in the future hopefully,......

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

This bitch is all round deadly,she's taken big and small ,long drawn out runs to fast and final ,she's taken some punishment too and never took a step back ,..she's going to be a producer in the future hopefully,......

Whats going over it Jig?😁