Bull grey x saluki bull grey opinions?

5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I only had that one in my kennel for a couple of days. It wasn't mine.

To be fair, it took a good daytime winter hare in decent style.

Cheers.

see plenty mate good dogs for a lot but when your on the big open land and the strong one goes 6 mins plus they won’t take em 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bull Grey x Saluki Grey     

Grebs kitchen table 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Who wants to run a scabby for six plus minutes ? LOL !

Cheers.

there’s land we’re crimbo on if you can’t go 6 mins you won’t kill one mate pop beginning a january mate i’ll show you the sort a hare is talking about 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

there’s land we’re crimbo on if you can’t go 6 mins you won’t kill one mate pop beginning a january mate i’ll show you the sort a hare is talking about 

I've seen 'em, mate.

Ive no interest in seeing a dog dragged round a field for six minutes these days.

On and off double quick, then move on !

Cheers.

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I've seen 'em, mate.

Ive no interest in seeing a dog dragged round a field for six minutes these days.

On and off double quick, then move on !

Cheers.

i’m the same mate love a good mouth good killing dog but they have to be able to sit in and kill the real good ones when they pop up if it’s only a few times a year 

15 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Saluki/bull/grey;

IMG_0915.JPG.27501f9f62b91f470c2f01a503d55f2d.JPG

Wasnt worth a candle until it turned 18 month then something clicked and it started taking everything day and night.

Died while out lamping rabbits.

Cheers.

When you say everything day & night, did it take the larger species of deer in daytime? 

27 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

When you say everything day & night, did it take the larger species of deer in daytime? 

No mate, I just meant rabbit, hare, fox and roe. There’s none of the other deer species around here so he never got to run them.

Cheers.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Think there's hares in most places were once they've avaided a few dogs n managed to make it Christmas they'll take some stopping especially on land with little on unless bolty hares but usually as you say strong n fit by then..

Even on snaggy trickt land full of double wire were most runs don't last long but f you have a dog that is a really good clever jumper you can see some of these hares go the distance aswell..

9 minutes ago, dodger said:

Think there's hares in most places were once they've avaided a few dogs n managed to make it Christmas they'll take some stopping especially on land with little on unless bolty hares but usually as you say strong n fit by then..

Even on snaggy trickt land full of double wire were most runs don't last long but f you have a dog that is a really good clever jumper you can see some of these hares go the distance aswell..

i’ve seen loads mate dogs great round cover land were runs don’t go long usually  these dogs don’t get shook and the runs go for the distance 

3 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

6 minutes is a very long time, think if people actually timed runs you’d have a lot less 5/6 minute runs than you think

not that long mate goes in no time i’ve had dogs kill after 6 mins straight on one’s jumped and go over the 12 minute mark al together 

16 hours ago, mC HULL said:

see plenty mate good dogs for a lot but when your on the big open land and the strong one goes 6 mins plus they won’t take em 

Mac although I agree with you the bitch on the left her dam pure saluki x pure pitull she had stamina to die for and thrived on those hares you mention I'll never forget one particular race she had on thorny Square one day it was well in to 5 minutes on truly great hare which she had beat on huge heavy land this hare tried every trick in the book there was some sheep pens in the corner of a banking which was unusual on such land which the hare headed to in its plan b or c n after a good 5 minutes this bitch was still able to jump these sheep pens and wire fences surrounded it that the hare was zigzagging out of then when this wasn't working back out onto the land it went to try and run her out and then back onto to the backing towards the cover but after 7 or 8 minutes her persistence payed off it was a great end to a war by both..

Maybe I was lucky with that particular bitch, of course she catch them all but when she was on she was on..

IMG-20210908-WA0016.jpg

• Like 1