Bull grey x saluki bull grey opinions?

11 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I’m a bit of a cynic….  Most 6 minute courses are nearer 2 minutes, and all 500 yard lamping slips are less than 200 yards ! LOL !

Cheets.

100%, i timed a run a couple of years back you would’ve sworn was 6 mins and it was only 3:40. And 100 yard slip is a very good slip. Easy to get carried away and exaggerate

• Like 5

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bull Grey x Saluki Grey     

Grebs kitchen table 

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

not that long mate goes in no time i’ve had dogs kill after 6 mins straight on one’s jumped and go over the 12 minute mark al together 

Must have some wind, I’ve seen a genuine timed 5 minute run with a top class bitch and there’s no way she could’ve ran the same run again back to back

Edited by Deerhunter1

I do agree with mac in that what ever the cross or place there those few out there that you can't just stop after a couple of minutes no matter what they take a take that bit more work once they've seen a few dogs not fist year hares n although you don't see many through the season especially these days there's those odd ruthless ones that no dog will stop n don't you just love them because they are the ones that go on to breed the future good ones..

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Must have some wind, I’ve seen a genuine timed 5 minute run with a top class bitch and there’s no way she could’ve ran the same run again back to back

my bitvh stopped first mate after 6 mins and give the next hell straight after and had to make up about 300 yds to get on it she didn’t kill second but was over 12 mins both 

i can land on spots and your guaranteed a grueller wet land and up and down in spots you need your dog in fit order to even run it 

2 hours ago, Deerhunter1 said:

100%, i timed a run a couple of years back you would’ve sworn was 6 mins and it was only 3:40. And 100 yard slip is a very good slip. Easy to get carried away and exaggerate

some spots mate from a good slip you won’t get first bend in until min and half there still ripping out a turns after 3 mins and that’s with fast types mate 

3 hours ago, Deerhunter1 said:

I agree of all the 3-3 4-4 etc how we're very good hares if just one of those hares was a top hare they must have been very good dogs..

That run I mentioned with my bitch on the above post it wasn't her first that day but it was her last..

There's better dog men out there than me and better dogs to and I like to see any type have a go regardless of the x but it does take a certain type of mind set with a certain type of commitment combined with the right conditioning the get best that you can out of them..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dodger said:

I agree of all the 3-3 4-4 etc how we're very good hares if just one of those hares was a top hare they must have been very good dogs..

That run I mentioned with my bitch on the above post it wasn't her first that day but it was her last..

Definitely a lot of people think just because it’s dec/jan/feb it has to be a top hare, those real good ones are hard to come by

• Like 1
On 24/10/2023 at 18:04, mC HULL said:

some spots mate from a good slip you won’t get first bend in until min and half there still ripping out a turns after 3 mins and that’s with fast types mate 

Minute and a half?Surely they'd be over a mile away in that time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, joe ox said:

I don't come on hear that often but when I do I always get reminded why.

i’ll remind you how it went when you put a greyhound over your lurcher that last litter mate backward more speed nothing else lol

Just now, mC HULL said:

i’ll remind you how it went when you put a greyhound over your lurcher that last litter mate backward more speed nothing else lol

All you have reminded me....... is about your learning difficulty's and breed blindness.

• Haha 2