Has anyone ever ?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A export yard near Swindon i was in once bent over trying to pull some spare part off a old bus when a lion roared real close to me and i mean like the other side of the corrigated fence next to me an

Ha ha. I once spent a  brilliant day at Marwell zoo. The Mrs was shopping so I watched cheetah cubs and snow leopards cubs all afternoon. When I had to leave it was feeding time for the big cats. I wa

Different beast them big cats lol plumber probably sed cat got lucky lol

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, paulus said:

A few points here. If lets say someone did shoot one, Would they tell anyone as they would be likely to be in breech of the conditions that there license was issued under? If They did go to the authorities, would the authorities want this to get out to the general public? Would it all be covered up for the sake of public safety? would the police and the EA be complicit in any cover up?, All pre loaded questions as i know the answers already.

Exactly..

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Franks dad said:

As men and women that spend a lot of time in the country side day and night has anyone ever sighted a” large wild cat” …… lots of sightings lately …. Think I’d leave a few bricks in my pants if I shone a lamp on one ?

APPLE.NEWS

FOOTAGE captures what appears to be a big cat feasting on a dead sheep at a popular beauty spot.

I see big cats all the time, but they are displayed in the study.

Edited by levigsp
  • Haha 1
44 minutes ago, paulus said:

A few points here. If lets say someone did shoot one, Would they tell anyone as they would be likely to be in breech of the conditions that there license was issued under? If They did go to the authorities, would the authorities want this to get out to the general public? Would it all be covered up for the sake of public safety? would the police and the EA be complicit in any cover up?, All pre loaded questions as i know the answers already.

No it would be plasterd all over the net same as everything else thats not ment be on the great wide Web 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, paulus said:

i have to disagree with that mate,  

Lampers , diggers , shooters , drugdealers ,even murders can't help but put shit on social media and you think some clown with a snare , gun , trap or hiting kne with a car wouldn't post it to a mate or social media , people video and  take pics of people dieing in car crashes falling from buildings etc etc , all ends up on the net and u don't think someone would post a big cat ? There nor here , as much as people want to belive there are there not , more chance pulling nessey out of a lake on your next perch fishing trip than snagging a big cat  

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Lampers , diggers , shooters , drugdealers ,even murders can't help but put shit on social media and you think some clown with a snare , gun , trap or hiting kne with a car wouldn't post it to a mate or social media , people video and  take pics of people dieing in car crashes falling from buildings etc etc , all ends up on the net and u don't think someone would post a big cat ? There nor here , as much as people want to belive there are there not , more chance pulling nessey out of a lake on your next perch fishing trip than snagging a big cat  

The problem with you theory is, There are a lot fewer real big cats roaming our countryside than there are hens with teeth, They are elusive in there own countries even when there populations are relatively high, ask how many Indians have ever seen a tiger?, Putting a video up if you were the only person in the UK to shoot one would bring down a tonn of shite on the person who did post it. 

3 minutes ago, Griswald said:

They are rumoured to be several hundred.

There's species of wild cats that are rarer than that, the Iberian Lynx for example, they have been filmed on camera and they have been reported road kills.

Rumoured to be is not the same as an actual population like the other cats you are quoting, Lets say there's 2 big cats wild in our countryside, the chances of them being seen are roughly zero

17 minutes ago, paulus said:

The problem with you theory is, There are a lot fewer real big cats roaming our countryside than there are hens with teeth, They are elusive in there own countries even when there populations are relatively high, ask how many Indians have ever seen a tiger?, Putting a video up if you were the only person in the UK to shoot one would bring down a tonn of shite on the person who did post it. 

If there was one in the UK If it got killed it would be posted , u dint have to agree with that that's my opinion,  as of my theory been wrong you clearly underestimate the stupidity of most hunting folk today , your saying no one would post pics of a dead cat because of a tonne of shit ??? But people post pictures of thousands of pounds worth of drugs what you'd do 20 year in side for , have you not seen the pics and videos put on social media of the killings ans shootings in the UK and Ireland,  bloody he'll there was pictures what a killer from Ireland put up of a young lad that they cut his head arms hands feet and genitals off , ans you think that people wouldn't post a pic of a cat because they would get in shit ? There are young drug dealers posting stupid shit every day , plenty lads posting videos of terrier work on brock ans lurchers on brock and deer , shit they even put it on face book under there own name so the theory of someone not posting for getting in a tonne of trouble doesn't hold water 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Just now, Griswald said:

Well of course, but my point is that cats such as the Amur Leopard which at some point was estimated to be fewer than 30 cats in the wild have been filmed and studied, they are also killed by vehicles in places with much less traffic.

It took years before people saw muntjac and wallabies in the wild, only when a population reaches a certain size do they become visible. This again why the word estimate is used. 

7 minutes ago, paulus said:

Rumoured to be is not the same as an actual population like the other cats you are quoting, Lets say there's 2 big cats wild in our countryside, the chances of them being seen are roughly zero

How are you working that out ,statistics wise , are country is more populated even in the countryside , no real big forests or places of vegetation where people don't go , it's not like america or India etc there vast so less chance of been seeing UK however tou can't go anywhere in country side without bumping in to some one , 

1 minute ago, Elchapo said:

If there was one in the UK If it got killed it would be posted , u dint have to agree with that that's my opinion,  as of my theory been wrong you clearly underestimate the stupidity of most hunting folk today , your saying no one would post pics of a dead cat because of a tonne of shit ??? But people post pictures of thousands of pounds worth of drugs what you'd do 20 year in side for , have you not seen the pics and videos put on social media of the killings ans shootings in the UK and Ireland,  bloody he'll there was pictures what a killer from Ireland put up of a young lad that they cut his head arms hands feet and genitals off , ans you think that people wouldn't post a pic of a cat because they would get in shit ? There are young drug dealers posting stupid shit every day , plenty lads posting videos of terrier work on brock ans lurchers on brock and deer , shit they even put it on face book under there own name so the theory of someone not posting for getting in a tonne of trouble doesn't hold water 

The difference being the man who shot one would have had to jump through various hoops just to own a firearm,  They would be the only person in a population of 67 million to have done so, To post a picture would be the end of his licences and possibly his freedom, this man or women would not be a drug dealer/terrorist or anything else on the wrong side of the law. 

4 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

How are you working that out ,statistics wise , are country is more populated even in the countryside , no real big forests or places of vegetation where people don't go , it's not like america or India etc there vast so less chance of been seeing UK however tou can't go anywhere in country side without bumping in to some one , 

if a chuffing great red stag can hide in the south midlands countryside for years before finally being flushed from a covert by a pack of fox hounds, how easy do you think a cat would find it. 

2 minutes ago, paulus said:

if a chuffing great red stag can hide in the south midlands countryside for years before finally being flushed from a covert by a pack of fox hounds, how easy do you think a cat would find it. 

Big red stag probably been seen by hundreds off people who didn't give a flying shit about seeing it so why would they say anything lol ,  

• Like 1