What harm is he doing?

Bloke I know a decent chap lived in a agricultural building for years when council found out they tryed to get him to pay the back log of rates he should of paid when it went to court he kept saying he will pay half because he did not have a bin etc the bloke stood up and sed you don't understand you need to pay it all or non at all my mate jumped up  quick as a flash said ok I will pay non at all and the judge went in his favour! ( not sure how true it is but ist a good story) he's aloud to live ther un till he dies but no one else can live in there after he's gone he is an interesting bloke I will see if I can get a link up to a video he had made on him 

https://youtu.be/7Ndk1ocx0fg

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one's talking about shanty towns or having the countryside broken up and given to inner-city wretches.  .......... it's a conversation about folk that do have a bit of land, maybe just a small

I'm not advocating a total free for all - the story is about someone that's chosen to live their way on a small area of the land that they own.   How can it be right to pick on him now? It's

A true story. My mate had a stable and paddock on a country lane, the only other building was next door, a very nice, old, stone built cottage owned by an eminent surgeon. My mate applied fo

i approached the council about a small piece of land if front of my garden, its just a small plot with overgrown weeds,brambles,and been next to the road it seems to attract rubbish. they agreed to sell it to me for 20grand as long as i left it as it is, i told them i wanted to improve it by making it part of my garden they then said it would cost me 50grand and i would need planning permission for change of use.

Years back when I used to be up and down the old A13 , there was a little nick by the lights at Rainham , the other side of the lights a chap had a house , there was a long strip of waste land that run for for a good couple of hundred yards with scrub trees and bushes to the front ,  over the course of a few years bit by bit he was moving his fence and adding it on to his place .One night on our way back with the dogs we actually watched him move the posts , he’d cut the vegetation back just four or five yards , uprooted the old posts and moved them , used the old wire and when I drove by next morning you couldn’t tell he’d done anything .Canny old boy ,talk about slowly slowly catch a monkey .Often wondered how much he managed to get ..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
21 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Leave it to his kids  let them sell it on 

That happened a lot years ago out here , the land got passed down through the family , the sons got all the good and valuable farmland , the daughters got the scrub land by the coast …fast forward seventy years and their are some seriously wealthy old women out here .A front line building plot in Javea starts at seven figures ..

• Like 2