What harm is he doing?

you must do checks on any land to see if its registered, if it is you cannot just fence it off and claim it, if its not reg then you have a right to make a claim but must take steps to find the owner,reason i know is i have had two areas that i own and are reg to me yet some fecking tramps tried to claim as theirs, they both have ground surrounding my land and tried to claim them so they could make a road onto their land , well now i have  fecked them off and none of them have access to their land.

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one's talking about shanty towns or having the countryside broken up and given to inner-city wretches.  .......... it's a conversation about folk that do have a bit of land, maybe just a small

I'm not advocating a total free for all - the story is about someone that's chosen to live their way on a small area of the land that they own.   How can it be right to pick on him now? It's

A true story. My mate had a stable and paddock on a country lane, the only other building was next door, a very nice, old, stone built cottage owned by an eminent surgeon. My mate applied fo

Just now, big sid said:

you must do checks on any land to see if its registered, if it is you cannot just fence it off and claim it, if its not reg then you have a right to make a claim but must take steps to find the owner,reason i know is i have had two areas that i own and are reg to me yet some fecking tramps tried to claim as theirs, they both have ground surrounding my land and tried to claim them so they could make a road onto their land , well now i have  fecked them off and none of them have access to their land.

Cruel 

32 minutes ago, Francie said:

Adverse possession,or squatters rights still legit lol

Tbh I think there shouldn't be so many regulations,if you own the land you should be able to build yourself a home,maybe some broad regulations,like size or materials but that's it,who are the gov to tell us what to do with our own land.

I don’t know what planet some of you live on but from my experience the countryside we have left is already vastly overpopulated by horsey folk, good lifers, do gooders and general nosey c**ts from the cities. 

keep the c**ts in the concrete jungles they belong and heavily legislate any new rural development.

life isn’t fair bottom line.

we would all like our own piece of paradise but such is life. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Mother_Mary said:

I don’t know what planet some of you live on but from my experience the countryside we have left is already vastly overpopulated by horsey folk, good lifers, do gooders and general nosey c**ts from the cities. 

keep the c**ts in the concrete jungles they belong and heavily legislate any new rural development.

life isn’t fair bottom line.

we would all like our own piece of paradise but such is life. 

At the minute mate the countryside is getting nothing except massive housing estates.

I know what I’d rather have.

1 minute ago, WILF said:

At the minute mate the countryside is getting nothing except massive housing estates.

I know what I’d rather have.

Agreed but Id rather what we have at present than this imaginary utopia where you can buy an acre and fling up what you want unregulated.  

Take a step back and envision what that would look like and be like in reality? 

development at present is mainly encroachment into the green belt of existing developments which unless you have another solution imo is the best option for a bad problem (other than the obvious which most would like to happen). 

I understand you have bought into the good life, which we all aspire to, and all credit to you, but that is an unrealistic option for the masses and long may it continue.

If some trust fund off gridder slapped a shanty town up on your neighbouring field im sure you’d then feel the same if your honest with yourself.  
? 

• Like 2

No one's talking about shanty towns or having the countryside broken up and given to inner-city wretches.

.......... it's a conversation about folk that do have a bit of land, maybe just a smallholding, having the right to put down roots on it for their family without overzealous council wankers wielding the only power that they've ever had in their lives.

Also, if someone has that dream and they work hard for the money to be able to buy that bit of land, I think they should be left alone to do it, despite what some of the rural snobs might think.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
23 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

No one's talking about shanty towns or having the countryside broken up and given to inner-city wretches.

.......... it's a conversation about folk that do have a bit of land, maybe just a smallholding, having the right to put down roots on it for their family without overzealous council wankers wielding the only power that they've ever had in their lives.

Also, if someone has that dream and they work hard for the money to be able to buy that bit of land, I think they should be left alone to do it, despite what some of the rural snobs might think.

There’s already several options available to gain permission to build on agricultural land if you have a quick read up ?

• Like 2

Really don't see the problem, my grandad owned bits of land in lincs and Notts and he'd stay on one few months and move to next ,few times he told to move ,yer right go f yourself it's my land and I do what the f I like with it ,

Live and let live is what I say ,folk not causing no problems leave them alone qnd get on with life ,you may not like way others do things but hay that's life 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Nope bollocks, if they was paki’s we’re be goin mad about it, smelly cnuts want to have a word, rules apply to us all

Pakistani done just that, bought a field near the air-park in feltham, fenced it, put sheep and horses on, then one day there's a front door ?? with a letterbox on the fence ? now there's a couple of stables on there? My sisters Indian mates dad is trying something similar in wraysbury. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, baker boy said:

Fenced off a lovely piece across the road from my house, used it as an allotment, checked with the land registry and it was unregistered, cost me few hundred in solicitors fees and land registry fees now it's all mine, got the deeds the lot

That's the way to do it?

• Like 3

There are several ways you can obtain legal planning permission on land you own if you know what boxes to tick and meet all the relevant criteria.
Certain areas will be much harder to obtain usually I.e within regional/national parks or within historic areas etc and rightly so. 

it is mainly centred around justification for an agricultural workers dwelling for a viable agri/land based business run profitably for x number of years as well as a multitude of other requirements. 

In my opinion that’s more than appropriate and prevents people building on land purely based on want and/or sense of entitlement. 

• Like 1