The Unintended Keeper ( Diary of a keeping blagger )

Another day over and despite me thinking it wasn’t going to be a good day due to a few of our main drivers being open and very cold and not getting off to a good start with the first drive, it turned into a cracking day with a beating team that properly put the effort in, allowing me to let all that were shooting to stand all day. Being in charge I quickly ripped up my initial plan and put the beaters through some terrible drives knowing that this is where the birds would be and the guns were not disappointed, although there’s not massive numbers of birds coming out the drives, the birds that are coming out are the real thing, the one drive that stud out today was the piggeries ruff side, from the minute we set off birds were getting up and by the time they reached the guns they were high and going at a hell of a speed, everyone got some great shooting today and my mate Robin was over the moon with some of the birds he plucked out the sky. The final bag was 34 pheasants 2 woodcock, not massive numbers but there’s no shame in missing some of the birds my team put over them today, we have now shot 1/3 of what we put down so hopefully with the 3 week break they are now getting we’ll add a few more to the bag before the end of January, a quality day and one I’ll remember for a long time ?

11013429-2830-46C6-9242-22B294EB752C.png

69C79F5B-A71F-4FD0-884A-16B57C99D42A.jpeg

62CC1F84-D55E-4157-AF4C-4FB781824AB4.jpeg

2A57AA07-BA57-4B0A-A7CE-74F773EA8B8D.png

CFE897C1-9F90-4BFA-A843-C50F4EDEC7AE.jpeg

E8968746-CC31-48A6-AFEA-279F71D97C2A.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well that’s it for another season  last Saturday was game shooting at its best, lovely clear day, freezing cold and just syndicate members shooting ( and my mate Mosh, but he’s with me, so that’s

Well thank you SL. I have just completed my suspension and read the above posts.  Going forward I will not make any more negative comments and hopefully get this section back to the way it u

So. I’ve decided to start a new thread for the 22/23 season up at the shoot now as you know I’ve been involved with my shoot for a long time ( 15 years or so ) my intention when I joined was to s

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Fantastic. Great photos and a good write up . Glad you had a good day. 
           But no mention of my favourite part of a Stavross write up …… elevens’s . Come on what did you eat and drink ? 

Arrr, the elevenses, well that was also my responsibility, we went with, corned beef and potato pie, leek and potato soup ( cooked with a lot of cream and white wine) some tiger bread for dipping and bramble gin and Prosecco, I couldn’t tell you if any of the food was nice because I didn’t get a look in, they destroyed the lot before I’d finished handing out drinks ?

58746626-05B7-40FA-81A5-7C4103070924.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Hopefully today is the last of the minus temperatures , supposed to warm up from tomorrow ?

Might be warming up but the rain is on the way now, doesn’t look too bad for the beginning of the week so should get out a bit then and it will be more than my life’s worth to go out next Saturday or Sunday, might treat myself to Boxing Day foxing ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

I see you’ve “reformed” then Ben and kicked your feminine side to the kerb .Good man .?

Nah, still go all the  same opinions- gone 39yr not giving a fucķ what anyone thinks, hardly gonna change now. 

Do find it interesting that you find the image of someone buggering an animal less offensive than a badge representing human rights...... ? ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I don’t find anything offensive Ben ,just like ripping the piss and it seems you bite  at the slightest thing lately .Perhaps one day you’ll be happy in your own choices enough to ignore people ????

What you do in the privacy of your fields is your lookout mate .The human rights thing though is dog shit isn’t it or you’d be allowed to shag sheep with immunity .

4 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Nah, still go all the  same opinions- gone 39yr not giving a fucķ what anyone thinks, hardly gonna change now. 

Do find it interesting that you find the image of someone buggering an animal less offensive than a badge representing human rights...... ? ? 

• Haha 1