The Unintended Keeper ( Diary of a keeping blagger )

28 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Only thing putting me off is weight. My shoulder is fucķed, can't carry extra weight. I'm tempted by new tubed pard but this glitch puts me off 

I know someone who has had one of them pard ds35 from a supplier to do a review on and they wouldn’t upload it onto YouTube because he slated it ? and just compared it to the Alpex which he said was a lot better and cheaper 

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well that’s it for another season  last Saturday was game shooting at its best, lovely clear day, freezing cold and just syndicate members shooting ( and my mate Mosh, but he’s with me, so that’s

Well thank you SL. I have just completed my suspension and read the above posts.  Going forward I will not make any more negative comments and hopefully get this section back to the way it u

So. I’ve decided to start a new thread for the 22/23 season up at the shoot now as you know I’ve been involved with my shoot for a long time ( 15 years or so ) my intention when I joined was to s

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I know someone who has had one of them pard ds35 from a supplier to do a review on and they wouldn’t upload it onto YouTube because he slated it ? and just compared it to the Alpex which he said was a lot better and 

Robin is not independent though being  sponsored by Hik he has to promote them and not Pard.

You need to look at an independent review where both scopes have a side by side comparison. 

They are similarly priced but the Pard has an additional LRF and ballistic calculator plus a circular display.

At the end of the day it again boils down to personal preference.  I watched a review of the Pard and it came out great.

38 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Robin is not independent though being  sponsored by Hik he has to promote them and not Pard.

You need to look at an independent review where both scopes have a side by side comparison. 

They are similarly priced but the Pard has an additional LRF and ballistic calculator plus a circular display.

At the end of the day it again boils down to personal preference.  I watched a review of the Pard and it came out great.

It’s not Robin, the lad does reviews for a retailer, so he does HIK, pard, pulsar, etc, he said there was quite a few things he didn’t like about it, one was the LRF, he said he could put it on something take it off and then back on and the distance would change, not by much but enough to question if it was working, he said another that’s really good is the infiRay TD50L, he said that’s just as good as the HIK and the pulsar C50

• Like 1

Up feeding early this morning before meeting a few members in the yard to go and see the old girl with a few gifts as it’s he 80th birthday tomorrow, she was a little overwhelmed as she didn’t know we knew it was her birthday, while up there I was talking with the shoot captain and he was saying we should bring up the subject of buying the shooting rights for the land, instead of paying rent each year ? this is something definitely worth discussing with her as both me and the captain get on really well with her, the only thing is, I’d want all the shooting which would mean forestry couldn’t shoot deer on there

after every body had left I decided to have a little Yorkshire safari taking down 5 of the lands most ferocious predators with the mighty.22 ?

we are forecast a bit of the white stuff by the end of next week so with a bit of luck the shoot will be crisp and cold as we make our way through December ?

11FD197B-60B0-4025-9D86-A91E0BC94C06.jpeg

F3BE2E78-180D-4385-B72D-2A3052776307.jpeg

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

If I go out after rabbits or hares I only use the lamp now, don’t bother with the nv add on anymore, I do really like nv for the foxes if it at the shoot or sheep farm where it’s more of a job, but there’s still something really enjoyable about a scope, torch and a mouth caller, I think it’s because you feel like you have earned it ?

50 minutes ago, Stavross said:

If I go out after rabbits or hares I only use the lamp now, don’t bother with the nv add on anymore, I do really like nv for the foxes if it at the shoot or sheep farm where it’s more of a job, but there’s still something really enjoyable about a scope, torch and a mouth caller, I think it’s because you feel like you have earned it ?

This is why I still love my torch, I love to see the ruby eyes.

If my quarry gets away that's OK because it means there will be future sport.

My enjoyment is from calling foxes , I let my mate shoot them if we are out as a team as it means more to him , I only shoot if out solo.

I get more satisfaction putting quarry in front of others which I have done now for about 30 years for various people. 

I am now actually enjoying the shotgun shooting more than the rifle these days.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Looks good Ben . But what is that on those crackers? It’s not Stilton , please don’t tell me it’s from France !!! 

Ha sage Derby. First time I tried it, won't be getting it again, bit tasteless& rubbery. I do like Stilton, I live a few miles from one of the places they're allowed to make it. ?

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 1