The Unintended Keeper ( Diary of a keeping blagger )

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well that’s it for another season  last Saturday was game shooting at its best, lovely clear day, freezing cold and just syndicate members shooting ( and my mate Mosh, but he’s with me, so that’s

Well thank you SL. I have just completed my suspension and read the above posts.  Going forward I will not make any more negative comments and hopefully get this section back to the way it u

So. I’ve decided to start a new thread for the 22/23 season up at the shoot now as you know I’ve been involved with my shoot for a long time ( 15 years or so ) my intention when I joined was to s

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

Two on nv forum Ian 10x and 15x after having a 15 for a bit it was too bulky for me and a bit of a bugger picking them up when running in. 

Been impressed with c50 on hmr. Only used for rabbits mainly though on golf course contracts. A lot bigger field of view than pard 008. But still not as good as drone

I am going to be buying another x10 from a bloke that has packed up shooting. He is the sort that has to have the best gear in whatever he does. I know for a fact that the scope hasn’t been used a dozen times and 4 of those where zeroing sessions. It has the kevgun mount and kevgun power pack, so I would be stupid to say no.

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Whichever nv unit you choose, the supplied/on board ir (especially vcsel) is never going to be as good as a dedicated 3rd party torch. Even below 100yds, the image quality will be better with an additional torch, its not just about the yards/range. 

It's a minefield, will have another look through my mates C50 which he loves. He has the black sun Ir on it ?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

It's a minefield, will have another look through my mates C50 which he loves. He has the black sun Ir on it ?

The other thing to think on with adding ir is the extra weight. Manufacturers weights obviously can't include whatever your chosen ir adds to it. I've a solaris & a black sun and srx is significantly heavier. 

Feeding first thing this morning a head of Saturdays shoot, my god it was cold but at least it wasn’t wet, -5 when I got there this morning and still -2 when I left at 11am, there wasn’t masses of birds about but what I did see was looking very good, the recent cold weather has really sorted them out, it’s looking like this cold snap is here to stay for a while yet so with a bit of luck they will be feeding hard and I can put them where I want them

0D239C68-52EE-4789-BB18-987EB9401C17.jpeg

AA8BD71B-B2D5-406E-94A7-510EE2CF01A9.jpeg

00BC83C2-61EF-4DF4-8E0B-68B303D87C3F.jpeg

• Like 8