Rhino poachers

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't hate the players, hate the game.Backward african living in a mudhut with 10 kids gets given an AK47 by a slightly more savvy African who is employed by an Arab who has a medicinal Chinese buyer

It's the chinks I have a problem with not the hunters. 

No sob story there Walt, it's just how it is, the homily was for max wanting to shoot the trigger men in the legs and cut their lugs off ? those guys face death every time they go out, it doesn't pert

14 minutes ago, mackem said:

I just watched this on TV, what a time to be alive. 

I reckon turn of the century would’ve been even better. When Africa truly was still the dark continent. But also unfortunately before any thought for sustainability had developed.

Still, must’ve been incredible to see the richness and density of wildlife and human cultures. Before ‘civilisation’ was thrust upon the place.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I reckon turn of the century would’ve been even better. When Africa truly was still the dark continent. But also unfortunately before any thought for sustainability had developed.

Still, must’ve been incredible to see the richness and density of wildlife and human cultures. Before ‘civilisation’ was thrust upon the place.

Or... you could take a walk through Brixton now...

Just saved Wilf the effort! Lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Or... you could take a walk through Brixton now...

Just saved Wilf the effort! Lol

As my old mum says, there’s many a true word said in jest ! Lol 

• Haha 1

I don't know  why everybody is so surprised and horrified about this. If you get a precious commodity and poverty living side by side, the commodity is going to be exploited whatever the risk to the poachers.  Has nobody on here ever poached for profit? Have you never seen gory sights involving death and blood?

I could detail dozens of species which have been wiped out, or are   in danger of extinction because of actions and decisions by mankind,usually "gentlemen" in suits making "strategic" business decisions.

Hypocritical bollocks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I don't know  why everybody is so surprised and horrified about this. If you get a precious commodity and poverty living side by side, the commodity is going to be exploited whatever the risk to the poachers.  Has nobody on here ever poached for profit? Have you never seen gory sights involving death and blood?

I could detail dozens of species which have been wiped out, or are   in danger of extinction because of actions and decisions by mankind,usually "gentlemen" in suits making "strategic" business decisions.

Hypocritical bollocks.

Good post I know pheasants have been mentioned in the thread years ago when they were of value dead I knew to a few different gangs around South Yorkshire that poached them for profit in the winter months when they became of no value I wouldn't think many if any teams of pheasant poachers exist now day's 

• Like 2

Back in the sixties early seventies, before salmon farms, there was a really good market in salmon and sea trout. A roe deer was worth money as well. I don't think there's any serious profit poaching done these days.

• Like 4

I knew a fella who used to poach pheasants and would then scatter the metal wing ID clips in front of the keeper's cottage to wind him up. Despicable what these poachers get up to. I would never be that  vindictive.

Edited by jukel123
17 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Back in the sixties early seventies, before salmon farms, there was a really good market in salmon and sea trout. A roe deer was worth money as well. I don't think there's any serious profit poaching done these days.

I used to get a lot of salmon as a kid, when I was at school and there was a good run I could and did at times make more than the average weekly wage in a night at weekends, and I had a paper round, I had loads of cash which was just as well, when the lecky or gas was cut off at home I used to pay the bill. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Just now, mackem said:

I used to get a lot of salmon as a kid, when I was at school and there was a good run I could and did at times make more than the average weekly wage in a night at weekends, and I had a paper round, I had loads of cash which was just as well, when the lecky or gas was cut off at home I used to pay the bill. 

Well don't expect a like from me. I do not condone such practices. Your hands should have been cut  off. f***ing barbarian.

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

Well don't expect a like from me. I do not condone such practices. Your hands should have been cut  off. f***ing barbarian.

I was 14 I think, I still have both my hands ?

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Ironic that 'trophy' hunting fees support anti poaching efforts on more land in Africa than the tax funded national parks.

Also ironic that the private ownership and right to sell hunting of southern white rhinos is what saved it from extinction

I truthfully think without western conservation influence, through hunting and tourism, animal populations would rapidly diminish, they take no prisoners. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, mackem said:

I truthfully think without western conservation influence, through hunting and tourism, animal populations would rapidly diminish, they take no prisoners. 

The locals are doing a lot of lurcher work in Africa seen videos of single dogs killing jackal,caracal, antelope and porcupine etc 

2 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

The locals are doing a lot of lurcher work in Africa seen videos of single dogs killing jackal,caracal, antelope and porcupine etc 

Yup, seen a few, haven't seen a porcupine one however. 

33 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

The elephant and the hippo were a tough watch, but overall an exciting video that. Can you put some African lurcher work  ideas on?