Enough is enough

4 hours ago, mC HULL said:

i don’t know about the wogs  wilf i blame the soppy fackers cost the country billions over a mild cold thinking a no c**t but thereself

Blame who you want, just saying the people in the advert and no doubt the organisation who put it out are no friend of the ordinary British bloke. 

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know its cool to jump on the "cost of living" bandwagon but I'm not that old and I can remember as a kid not having central heating and a coal fire in the front room only. Dad used to know the coal

40 years ago we didn't have £50 a month mobile phone contracts. We didn't have Amazon Prime, Netflix, Apple, Sky monthly contracts. We didn't have a new car every two years on lease. We

I know a few lads,work away in the week,come home on the weekends and do £250 plus on the whiff? obviously buying it through the week as well...Mrs asking them where's all the coin? I worked away for

Posted Images

What's funny in this particularly instance of nonsense, is that VAT is probably the most obvious tax out of all of them. We're told about it just about every time we purchase something. It's probably more in your face than even income tax.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

The point being why should we pay 20% on almost everything purchased re products or services.

That cost has already been met.

Its a tax that should not exist .

To drop it would generate work by giving people more spending power to afford things more easily for example house extensions ‘ new bathrooms ‘new kitchens’ new roofs ‘ ect ect putting tradesmen in work and fueling the economy .

Its just another tax by stealth to put more money into Gov coffers which they do what with ?

The country is a mess so they can’t be spending it wisely.

Put it back into the pockets of where it should be to spend as they please.

The people have earned it and already paid income tax on it.

It should be theirs.

I completely agree with that, more tax has been proven to NOT be the answer…..they just piss it away.

Tax has never been so high and the country never been so bad.

Everyone should pay 10% across the board imho, end of story…..then you’d see a country fly.

Edited to add: Despite record tax the country has never been so in debt and that debt is rising at £5 THOUSAND A SECOND ! 

Edited by WILF
1 minute ago, JBs Left Peg said:

One tax at 7-10% and nothing else.

Why should someone willing to work be no better off than those claiming everything because of the tax burden on workers.

?

More than that Maxine, I think it would take a lot of people out of having to rely on benefits to survive…..make it pay to go to work and people will go to work.

I'm certainly no supporter of taxes, but I consider them a necessary evil.

Forget benefits for a moment, what about the armed forces, the NHS, education, the police, fire services, ambulance services, old age pensions, roads and infrastructure, etc ? All paid out of taxation.

The lower the taxation, the less we can spend on all of the above.

Of course vast amounts of money is wasted, just take the millions we spend each day on illegal immigrants, then the almost $20 BILLION we give away on overseas aid each year, all taken from the tax pot !

I hate to sound like a politician's soundbite, but the taxation system needs "root and branch reform".

We could start by sending the illegals back, stop giving our money away to foreign despots, then have a look at taxation. 

VAT on household gas and electricity was imposed on us by the EU. We were promised it would be removed when we left, but it hasn't.

Income tax goes into the general tax pot, but NI tax was supposed to go direct to the health service, but for years it's also gone into the general tax pot, so why not combine them and have just one department taking care of it instead of two ? Surely savings could be made there ?

Theres many more taxes that could be looked at; what about relieving business tax on SME's to bring back high street shops ?

Lower corporation tax, instead of raising it, to encourage investment and job creation?

I could go on and on, if someone like me can see these things , why can't, or won't, politicians see it ?

Cheers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

The point being why should we pay 20% on almost everything purchased re products or services.

That cost has already been met.

Its a tax that should not exist .

To drop it would generate work by giving people more spending power to afford things more easily for example house extensions ‘ new bathrooms ‘new kitchens’ new roofs ‘ ect ect putting tradesmen in work and fueling the economy .

Its just another tax by stealth to put more money into Gov coffers which they do what with ?

The country is a mess so they can’t be spending it wisely.

Put it back into the pockets of where it should be to spend as they please.

The people have earned it and already paid income tax on it.

It should be theirs.

I don't necessarily disagree. But I do think you'd be horrified at what services just income tax would pay for.

23 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Lower corporation tax, instead of raising it, to encourage investment and job creation?

:toast:

IMO one of the most self destructive taxes. But "f**k the billionaires".

I think corps operating entirely in the UK should be tax free. Maybe corporation tax should be used in a similar way to import duty i.e., if the UK is being taken advantage of by foreign entities then tax them. If they are entirely within the UK, then just tax the salaries and dividends, not the business itself.

• Like 2

We have been borrowing to fund the state at rates never before seen.

Council tax don’t have to be a couple of grand a year…..you can do all this stuff yourself.

Fire Brigade call out come from home insurance 

Find your own waste contractor or take the bins to the tip yourself

Buy your own kids school books.

But, the thing with government is that they are money junkies.

Taxation was always in part about control since the doomsday book but imho government should just stick to their remit, Law, infrastructure, defence and if you want it, a free a point of use healthcare service (which I think is a good and noble idea)……

But, For a long time now fiscal responsibility hasn’t mattered, long as you can buy an election every few years…..who give a f**k right ?

After all, it’s only us stupid c**ts paying ! Lol 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

Exactly one pot at 10% no cop outs or loopholes for the political classes - rich - corporations ect like Amazon and costa coffee ect

Let people have the rest to enjoy and spend as they wish to keep the wheels of trade and industry turning .

There is one thing for sure this policy of over taxation does not make this country or our lives better as the shitshow we see on a daily basis all around us testifies.

image.gif.fe34cf34703a47b2eed7e807f8dee8ff.gif

• Haha 5
4 hours ago, WILF said:

..make it pay to go to work and people will go to work.

Nah the lazy benefit scroungers will still prefer to sit about on their lazy arse.

All benefits should be scrapped and if you dont work you starve .....Simple ?

12 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Nah the lazy benefit scroungers will still prefer to sit about on their lazy arse.

All benefits should be scrapped and if you dont work you starve .....Simple ?

You have obviously mastered the art of turning water into wine mate ! Lol 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

You have obviously mastered the art of turning water into wine mate ! Lol 

No .....just worked all my life.

Boils my pi$$ that these shithouses believe it's a God given right for taxpayers to pay for their shit existence. 

They just expect money to be given to them for free not thinking where it comes from.

Feck em I say ?

42 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

No .....just worked all my life.

Boils my pi$$ that these shithouses believe it's a God given right for taxpayers to pay for their shit existence. 

They just expect money to be given to them for free not thinking where it comes from.

Feck em I say ?

Mate, I see this type of comment all the time and it just shows a basic lack of thinking really.

How does a bloke who has the ability to earn 400 quid a week driving a forklift or something, couple of kids and a wife to support but lives in an area where a 2 bed is £1800 a month rent make that work ? 

He could graft every second of his 40 hours a week and the sums will still never add up ! 

46 minutes ago, WILF said:

Mate, I see this type of comment all the time and it just shows a basic lack of thinking really.

How does a bloke who has the ability to earn 400 quid a week driving a forklift or something, couple of kids and a wife to support but lives in an area where a 2 bed is £1800 a month rent make that work ? 

He could graft every second of his 40 hours a week and the sums will still never add up ! 

I think there's plenty in both camps. No shortage of folk who have stinking attitudes and live a life I'd still rather toil to avoid. But it's probably a mistake to focus on them as much as it is to focus on billionaires in finding a solution to all this.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, WILF said:

I've never been on a good wage but still bought my house , own 2 cars and have savings in the bank.

If you cant afford kids dont have them ...

I have 1 daughter yet these parasites on benefits have 4 .....work that out, because they expect the state to support them

I have sympathy for genuine cases but the majority are free loaders who have no intention of making a better life.

• Like 2