Tavistock child gender unit.

17 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

My ole granny looks as tho she goin in one, iv asked to bring her here instead but they reckon her needs couldn’t be met, gutted to say the least. I pray that the staff are atleast half decent, my missus spent years working in them, and left in end an it killed her she honestly enjoyed it an loved the folk she looked after but her superiors were pure piss takers an ruined a good job for a lot of women, my missus an a load of her mates all left an went self employed doing diff things in the community an are making a decent living an dojng what they want an helping how they want. It’s business at end of day but it’s sad when they can’t even keep loca loyal workers in the jobs, sayin that some the foreigners my missus worked with were also real good folk, so maybe there is hope for my poor ole granny, breaks my heart 

It's time care worker job's were more valued and paid and made a valued career for those who choose to go into the care profession and made a career worth taking up especially for those not academically clever like my old woman but she is and has been a good carer in her work. 

• Like 4

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely think there are still way more of us than them, we're just not coming together or being properly represented.

The trouble is, those choices are usually like yours and mine which is to pack up and feck off while the going is good, leaving more and more of the dross to condense and concentrate, as a young man y

f**k me - them ol' Cockneys tan well in the summer

Posted Images

Privatisation of care homes was commenced by Thatcher's government, but embraced and continued by Bliar.

For me, if a council run care home costs £X to run then how can it be cheaper to run with someone taking a profit out of it? The only way is by lowering standards for the end users, i.e. us eventually. In reality, the privatisation has resulted in it costing more, not less with an unacceptable lowering of standards. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, Wideboy said:

Proper wages, go ask the the carers that work there?

Depends what you call decent wages I suppose, between 28 rising to 40 grand for 37 hours is ok I reckon ?

Then again, maybe I’m out of touch mate ?

6 minutes ago, Wideboy said:

Your definitely out of touch, these private nursing homes are offering maybe 10c to 1€ over minimum wage. Nothing extra for nights or Sundays. Most will never see €28,000 a year. 

Your looking in the wrong places mate.

3 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Not just England that’s f****d lol Ireland is just behind so Wilf is f****d as well ?

Does that look like a guard to you ? 

1 minute ago, WILF said:

Does that look like a guard to you ? 

Didn’t take no notice could of been in the north but it’s not just England mate Ireland is truly f****d n all, you can go away to the countryside to get away from it but you could done the same here in England. 

only difference is Ireland’s cheaper to purchase property 

1 minute ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Didn’t take no notice could of been in the north but it’s not just England mate Ireland is truly f****d n all, you can go away to the countryside to get away from it but you could done the same here in England. 

only difference is Ireland’s cheaper to purchase property 

Mate, you have no idea.

Dont believe all the shit your read ;) 

4 hours ago, Wideboy said:

I don’t know the prices over your side but if you want to live in a area of employment then you are going to pay. It’s all well and good people saying they can buy a house cheap in Ireland. Well I can tell you that the area will have very little work and no amenities. Irelands infrastructure isn’t anywhere nears uk. 

That's what i like about Ireland wide boy,only real amenities in citys,long may it last lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If Ireland went back to the old days,there's plenty still doing it but no internet,mobiles phones,bit of land,rearing some stock to live off an do all things countryside,wouldn't it be gran,dig an lamp flatout lol

5 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Property is a lot cheaper in Ireland than England would you agree ? 

As a rule yes, but I think what wideboy is saying is the closer you get to Dublin etc prices become more comparable with urban areas of England. 

the same is true of most places, you can get a small holding in the north of Scotland for 150k or a studio flat in Edinburgh for the same money. 

Plenty of places in uk you can relocate and set up and be totally removed from the problems wilf has escaped without going to Ireland, the issue is if your of working age with a family there are no career opportunities to keep you there, which is exactly why it’s as cheap. 
And is exactly why property is as cheap in rural Ireland imo 

it’s not a utopia, it’s an option for anyone with the funds to retire and not be reliant on a steady income. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Likewise 

Without wishing to get into something silly like pissing up the wall and seeing as I do know a thing or two about England as I lived there all my life, we have a nasty habit in England of taking comfort if we think somewhere else is as shit as us or saying “well, we are better than Baghdad” …….both are totally illogical ways of thinking.

Its like saying “I’m getting my head kicked in but it’s ok because he is getting his head kicked in as well”

Jmho, but we should be saying “This is shit, we shouldn’t be overrun with spades and only able to escape if we ramp ourselves up with 800 large of mortgage that we won’t live to pay off so we can enjoy breathing shit air and hoping they don’t slap a housing estate across the road !” 

The aim is to not get your head kicked in at all ! 

Take it from me, it ain’t utopia but it’s tidy and I have not had a mortgage for the last 7 years.

I do visit back and yes England has all the bells and whistles…..but everything considered, not having them is well worth it to not have to live amongst that shit. 

I love England, I’m and Englishman and hopefully one day, when there is an England fit to call itself such again where an Englishman isn’t the shit on the shoe of society I may get back……but not while it’s this f***ing perversion pal ?

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1