Top speed and maturity

I have a this years saluki/greyhound and was wondering when do they roughly reached there too speeds and what age is best to start them hunting rabbits. I’ve been told to get him starting here and there at a odd rabbit at 7months and then start him properly at 12 months? wanted to here others opinions 

2E254FB6-5729-437D-AE05-F9F9CD7F67C8.jpeg

• Like 2

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's hard to make a judgement on a photo, but I like to see a bit puppy fat on a pup ? Cheers.

Looking at that dogs lack of muscle tone flat feet and long nails I would hazard a guess it doesn’t get out much. 

Feet, plenty of bone.?

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Is this your first lurcher mate ? 

if so have a look at the various feeding threads on here first .

now it might be healthy as , a good doer etc but at first glance that dog looks poor as a rook . 

look ok to me stiff looks quite heavy saluki bit of arse on it strongish back leg and nice shine to it ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Is this your first lurcher mate ? 

if so have a look at the various feeding threads on here first .

now it might be healthy as , a good doer etc but at first glance that dog looks poor as a rook . 

He was the biggest out of his litter and hes only 3months, he’s dad is a top coursing dog worth a lot because of his record and I give him the right amount of nutrients daily. 

63D99B7A-02F2-4D7D-9821-AFA3B640A3C7.jpeg

4FDA1DC4-0295-40CC-9F07-2D818F54DE3C.jpeg

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Casey97 said:

He was the biggest out of his litter and hes only 3months, he’s dad is a top coursing dog worth a lot because of his record and I give him the right amount of nutrients daily. 

63D99B7A-02F2-4D7D-9821-AFA3B640A3C7.jpeg

4FDA1DC4-0295-40CC-9F07-2D818F54DE3C.jpeg

take no notice mate that back leg look flat ? feet flat? front 2 nails could do will a little clip but that’s about all id say

i don’t think you can keep puppy  fat on a growing pup all the time unless it’s not get much excercise especially heavy saluki types pup has nice shine to it 

• Like 2

Hard to see the all that's needed to make judgment from one 'ariel' photo.

Even harder to see how any Saluki blooded pup really looks from that same angle.

Total shite photo to he honest, and if you want any constructive feedback, you'd be better with a range of different photos, and the best of them comes from the camera being alongside your dog, not above it.

For my two penneth-worth, your pups coat looks good, as does its feet. Maybe a bit more on the ribs at that age but some desert breds never hold it after 6 months anyway. BUT ffs... Take a photo of a happy dog.. That poor thing looks miserable as feck!!

Now I know the poor cnut is destined for a life of critics and running through the slop. Not to mention 35 different owners and life under a tranny van if it ain't killing 5/5 by the time it's 12 months old... So maybe it has good reason to look that miserable but....

Put that puppy where it is happy and snap away, and then put better photos up, for better advice ???

2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Everyone is entitled to there own opinions but who knows you all might might right or wrong? I guess I’ll find out and to say it’s a forum I would expect a lot more mature reply’s but then again what do I know lol ? but thanks for feedback guys

7 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Feet don’t look flat at all to me, I’d say they are quite tight for a saluki type 

i said it before i’ll say it again cat foot is overrated ? 

• Like 2