Top speed and maturity

34 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Nice bitch, them galgos must have good feet for the ground they run on but still they must get there fair share of injuries looking at some of that rock hard ground they run on, it must of just been the pic that made that one toe look swollen 

Same as over here plenty end up injured inspite of good feet, nature of the game unfortunately. A nice bitch, India, pulled up in the semifinals of the national having knackered her feet on the ground,  great little thing kept killing the hares in under a minute,  inspite of big slips, and so having the course disqualified and having to re run again and again through repeated rounds till she had nothing left but will and fecked feet.

I saw a pup out of her litter sister advertised and was tempted but a bitch alas.

Edited by sandymere

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's hard to make a judgement on a photo, but I like to see a bit puppy fat on a pup ? Cheers.

Looking at that dogs lack of muscle tone flat feet and long nails I would hazard a guess it doesn’t get out much. 

Feet, plenty of bone.?

Posted Images

On 03/07/2022 at 07:43, Casey97 said:

I have a this years saluki/greyhound and was wondering when do they roughly reached there too speeds and what age is best to start them hunting rabbits. I’ve been told to get him starting here and there at a odd rabbit at 7months and then start him properly at 12 months? wanted to here others opinions 

2E254FB6-5729-437D-AE05-F9F9CD7F67C8.jpeg

How is he bred mate ? 

These do us for half cross Bull breeding. Wouldnt want to get obsessed with conformation.The most important thing in a dog is what you cant see, gameness and drive, intelligence etc but if anything is important in physique its feet.

IMG_7587.jpg

IMG_7589.jpg

IMG_7594.jpg

• Like 2

looks don’t tell nothing the cat type foot in wet going seem to damage nail beds a lot more the

a feathered up saluki foot is about the best i’ve ever come across some go full life not one issue 

these 2 you bred fens been great upto now but charlie has tight cat feet and has suffered with nail beds been sore here there but we run chalky stoney land at times 

57 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

looks don’t tell nothing the cat type foot in wet going seem to damage nail beds a lot more the

a feathered up saluki foot is about the best i’ve ever come across some go full life not one issue 

these 2 you bred fens been great upto now but charlie has tight cat feet and has suffered with nail beds been sore here there but we run chalky stoney land at times 

Them ones that get sore nail beds just got to make sure always wash the feet down properly after a day out soak with warm salt water and hibiscrub and get all the dried compacted mud from round the nail beds with a toothbrush or they start getting infected and can be really sore for the dog if not kept in check ?

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Them ones that get sore nail beds just got to make sure always wash the feet down properly after a day out soak with warm salt water and hibiscrub and get all the dried compacted mud from round the nail beds with a toothbrush or they start getting infected and can be really sore for the dog if not kept in check ?

Them footspar are good for that 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, sandymere said:

Knocked up toe, behave yourself ?. That's a back foot and as such always sit up tighter than a front.

She was getting on when that picture was taken but never had a toe injury in her life beyond the odd broken nail or so. 

20210604_095237.jpg.a59de669f7135a801ed2fa2e64106328.jpg.bfcc3a7ba01b0a4176f883169b6ddfe3.jpg

won in open field coursing in Spain as a sapling. 

1734240998_galgocoursing.jpg.8cd7b9e02918adb351cf0e43ae27e4cd.jpg.62514d5383565ae0d4b137db5373d1ae.jpg

And although she was still a pretty thing when she came over she soon earned the marks of her trade as she then ran as a lurcher in Britain.

IMG_20181201_111402.thumb.jpg.08863e66f6f3b0458d17d951331ae033.jpg.ad7335e1178031557f13b224f2894eb5.jpg

And I'm sure that nose just kept growing ?

IMG_20200517_154646_1.jpg.5bf2963c021207fdbef1cc576d1c6ad6.jpg.033d74e468af0389a752c95933397999.jpg

There's a big difference between a knocked up toe and natural bone development,  big dense bone from generations of running difficult ground. 

IMG_20171231_083610.thumb.jpg.9643b301b79ba969e88f2cb9c68f15f6.jpg

Bloody foreigners 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Ferretman65 said:

Here's my tenpence worth lol good feet is good feet Bad feet is Bad feet remember they are only flesh and bone there not made off steel no matter what there feet our like they can still fck up 

I think you'll find thats a two pen'th worth mate, bloody inflation!

• Haha 1