Passport woes

• 4 months later...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A true story about passport renewals; At one time children didn't need passports and could be put on their parents. When they reached a certain age, 16, I think it was, they had to get their

Always have at least 2 (preferably more). 

Bet Mackem knows a people trafficer. See if he can get you in the back door!

Posted Images

On 18/05/2022 at 15:24, mushroom said:

Well I really f****d up lol. Supposed to be going away for business at the end of the month and on holiday in July and august…. Bloody passport has expired and it’s a minimum of 11weeks for the fuucker to arrive here ?‍♂️ The boss is fine, the mrs is pissed off and says she’s going on her own again ?

Anybody else suffering with this passport backlog shit?

Renewed mine at the beginning of the covid circus was told the same things were as in truth it arrived in under a fortnight 

On 18/05/2022 at 16:54, W. Katchum said:

I been waiting 6 weeks an they still ain’t even took me old passport off posty yet( or not updated there, updates page, wounded tbh but it’s my own fault for leaving it to last minute (couple months ) ☹️

Didn't think you left Yorkshire mate...let alone go abroad! Lol

1 hour ago, ollieollie said:

Apparently I’m receiving my new passport this week, the holiday was in April. Seems being born here isn’t enough to secure one. The hoops I had to jump through were ridiculous. 

Tbf apart from the wait, the process was pretty easy. Filled everything in online, got my mate to take a photo (yea I look like a criminal in the photo), paid and had to spend the next 3 months stuck here for other reasons ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mushroom said:

Tbf apart from the wait, the process was pretty easy. Filled everything in online, got my mate to take a photo (yea I look like a criminal in the photo), paid and had to spend the next 3 months stuck here for other reasons ?

If you'd had a big cushion you could have used a photo booth and linked the image to your application form. That would have saved time.

Have you been 

7 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

If you'd had a big cushion you could have used a photo booth and linked the image to your application form. That would have saved time.

The photo was attached to the application, no cushions involved or needed to be… we digress ?

2 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Have you been 

The photo was attached to the application, no cushions involved or needed to be… we digress ?

I don't take anything for granted regards passport photos. A few months ago I got a call from some friends; the subject of the  photo is a world champion equestrian 3 day event manager. The photographer is in charge of loading the warheads on nuclear subs. Between them they had spent 2 hours unsuccessfully trying to get a passport photo. 

I thought a cushion would have helped.  

• Haha 1