• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pics wouldnt have made any difference mate.....photos of cats are always blurry and out of focus....lol

My old girl used to have a pedigree show posh siamese thing when we moved to the farm he always fetched plenty of youngsters back to the door(kept the ferrets happy, not so much me) another trick he u

I have bolted real wild cats with ferrets, they are terrified of them, yet will fight a dog. I used to kill wild cats and sell pelts for sporrans, I would not touch one now and it sickens me how

Posted Images

9 hours ago, bird said:

Could with couple to kill the fooking rats by me, OK  I've got a bird feeder hanging up in my garden, and the rats come after the fallen seed in the gravel on the floor. But even if didn't feed the birds, that's only once a day in the morning, that's only 1/2 full. The rats would be around anyway as my neighbours got few sheep, alpacas, horses so there be  food about. I've tried every thing, traps are no good as they don't go in them, there nervy, you can see that, the way there quick eat and scarper quick. I did kill few, couple years ago with my 177 air rifle, but you got get them relaxed, to get a head shot, I put few pics up before they were big rats, so wating my time before I even bother to try and shoot them. Poison be very dodgy with dogs about, Buck and little woody  go in the garden. I did think maybe a cat,  but being honest it have to be out there lot of the time to catch them, poss after dark. But with Big Buck he nightmare with cats, he killed few ferals when in the woods, foxes, cats, are in his mind fare game, so I have  be real careful with him in the garden, even though he in a kennel/ run, if seen a cat, he jump a 7-8 ft fence to get at it even now at his age lol. I did read not all cats are good at killing rats, not sure if this is right? , I know they love to kill mice. 

Get yourself a few of these bird and get them set outta the way on the dogs. Deadly job. IMG_2331.JPG.669708763332a8912762370b88690315.JPG

On 20/04/2022 at 19:52, BIG TOM said:

My old girl used to have a pedigree show posh siamese thing when we moved to the farm he always fetched plenty of youngsters back to the door(kept the ferrets happy, not so much me) another trick he used to do was catch moles on a regular and no lies he used to always drop them in the toaster ? why i dont know but honest truth he did, a few times i didnt notice until the smell was coming from the toaster that wasnt my toast ??

Here’s a one for you slightly of topic my old boss big pointer trailer well know 4 decades of training birds his wife was telling me when I asked after him how he was doing recently “ok apart from the Italian Spinalolli….. when he picks a life bird he’s got to have his eye on him other wise”….. the fecking dog finds the first bit of water it can and bloody drowns the partridge or pheasant before retrieving it I still pulling my hair out now as to why he’ll know best men in country training wise and know one can give a reason why it’s doing my head in I wish that dog could talk and just explain to me the reasoning behind it ?

On 21/04/2022 at 20:35, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I love every post you make 

Without a doubt a man that's done more than his fair share and put the miles in home and abroad I could spend hours chatting to his kind .proper genuine lads 

• Like 4
On 21/04/2022 at 03:38, Moocher71 said:

a mate as just rescued a racoon .

About an hour ago the old lady across the road nocked on the door, she is Quebecoise, I cut her grass a few times last summer, we get on "Hey English, there's something in my garden you might like to see" her yappy little mongrel had treed a coon. 

IMG_20220422_181411.jpg

IMG_20220422_181429.jpg

• Like 4
On 21/04/2022 at 22:19, bird said:

I did read not all cats are good at killing rats, not sure if this is right? , I know they love to kill mice. 

True, I've always had 2 or 3 cats around my properties to kill vermin including smaller snakes. Some cats seem to specialize in rats, snakes and rabbits while I'd say 3/4 of them hunt smaller prey only but they all caught mice. The size of the cat didn't matter as I had a very small cat that was an excellent ratter. I've noticed mine kill the tastiest birds, doves, quail and never touch magpies, butcher birds.