Energy price rise 2022

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mate, it’s amazing the amount of fur coat, no knickers people there are kicking about…..I feel sorry for people, I really do. Its hard out there mate and it’s all of a sudden got a lot harder for

Mrs just informed me that our monthly electric bill know costs us more than our mortgage per month ?... At this rate...be a few of us turning to our old criminal means to keep going??

Cut all my own wood for heating, keep a kettle on the stove for washing dishes and making brews and will be getting on with my solar panels ASAP also going to start shopping for what I need when I nee

Posted Images

7 hours ago, poxon said:

So today the price of energy goes up by 54% what are you guys doing to help keep the cost of your energy bills In your house hold from spiral to high

my kids are terrible for leaving lights on in our house I’ve even joked about family torches that I’ll charge using solar lol my youngest thinks it’s a great idea 

me an my misses won’t boil the kettle if the log burner is going instead we used the camping type kettle on the top of the stove but that’s only when the weather outside permits the burner to be going we turn all house hold plugs off at night 

Any hints an tips that you guys will be doing would be appreciated??????

Meters are fixed feck them

• Like 1

I find all this energy price rise stuff crazy I also find it funny how there pushing to get electric cars a thing as well I think it’s all a stitch up job to have us more dependent on the system of energy providers an a way of them to relive us of our purses££££ by using fear to control us to help them relive it from us as they can dictate the price of energy as were be heavily reliant as strange as this sounds 

• Thanks 1

All the energy companies should be nationalised. The vulnerable's energy costs should be subsidised. Privatising energy was a con. We are literally paying the costs now.

Personally I'm not reducing my heating. I have a saying: "Im too old to be f***ing cold".

• Like 1
19 hours ago, kanny said:

Probably going to use the shower more,   I usually have a bath.

I was watching the smart meter yesterday while making a cup of tea kanny..

My lad was in the shower and I watched the meter dropping 2p a time.in the time I made a brew it dropped 14p the red light was flashing very fast..bloody ridiculous..

Looking back to yesteryear them folk in the tin Bath infront of the open fire were spot on...

• Like 2

FFS no wonder some of those coming up to state pension age are deciding to carry on working with these price hikes that will hammer pensioners and those on low incomes.  I honestly think energy i.e gas and electric should be nationalised .

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, king said:

I was watching the smart meter yesterday while making a cup of tea kanny..

My lad was in the shower and I watched the meter dropping 2p a time.in the time I made a brew it dropped 14p the red light was flashing very fast..bloody ridiculous..

Looking back to yesteryear them folk in the tin Bath infront of the open fire were spot on...

f**k that! I was one of the youngest. By the time my turn came, the water was black and had the consistency of treacle. The towels were all soaking and the tin was hard on your arse. Carry on showering! 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, poxon said:

I find all this energy price rise stuff crazy I also find it funny how there pushing to get electric cars a thing as well I think it’s all a stitch up job to have us more dependent on the system of energy providers an a way of them to relive us of our purses££££ by using fear to control us to help them relive it from us as they can dictate the price of energy as were be heavily reliant as strange as this sounds 

Got in one mate...we have to jump through hoops to comply with all these new rules and laws save the f***ing planet ?...while the likes of Boris and his Mongo's sell all our old motors and used tech to the 3 rd world shitholes....where does the lithium come from to power all this shit? Couldn't make the shit up?

For those addicted to 'Tech' you all be f****d when they knock of the power....your Tesla's be as much use ,as a cock flavoured lollypop ??

• Like 1
1 hour ago, New moon said:

Its time for torches and pitchforks, lets have the b*****ds, they are turning the screw to get folks dependent on the state, lets turn the fecker back.

Already started in our house hold mate trying to be more self sufficient growing our  own food,or buying direct using the vehicles as least as much as we can we’re doing a few other things as well. We’re not skint our out we have no debt but just don’t want to waist our money on stuff we don’t need or can grow or provide our selfs. I think there be a lot more people realising they can live without stuff there told they need or should be doing

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Got in one mate...we have to jump through hoops to comply with all these new rules and laws save the f***ing planet ?...while the likes of Boris and his Mongo's sell all our old motors and used tech to the 3 rd world shitholes....where does the lithium come from to power all this shit? Couldn't make the shit up?

For those addicted to 'Tech' you all be f****d when they knock of the power....your Tesla's be as much use ,as a cock flavoured lollypop ??

? dan 

• Thanks 1