Bitch lined

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Priorities are right then

Nice drive up north east at the weekend to line my bitch. This is the sire the dog on the left.  Nice well put together dog standing at about 12 " tts. Fingers crossed the bitch has taken as I'm keepi

My favourite thread atm. God, I'm sad ?‍♀️ Cheers, D.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Had a cocker that was full of field trials champions in its lines. Great worker on land an some cover but when it come to thick cover couldn't do the work. You look at lads who work spaniels day in day out. There working on open land grass cover , woodland , game crops. Beaters beating thick cover to draw the game out. A spaniel is ment to stay at foot until the shooter as shoot the quarry. Then they'll have pointers to point up so you could say the pointer is the hard worker. So your right mate you can't beat a terrier for any work up an above the sod. 

Got to be honest mate that’s not how I do things , my cocker works cover but works to a range that I like her to quater at , as soon she mocks game out I’ll shoot it with the shotgun and she will retrieve to hand , I e never worked a pointer and a spaniel at the same time as both should be able to do the similar job only difference is the pointer will point let you get in position then flush you shoot and it should retrieve back to hand , 

but as far as terriers go , there are plenty of terriers out there working cover who would put some spaniels to shame , going out with a catty and a terrier I recon you would get more kills than if you had a spaniel and a catty as the majority of spaniels will not kill in cover , some will peg bird but that’s a whole different ball game to a terrier who wants to actually kill its quarry in cover , 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Elchapo said:

Got to be honest mate that’s not how I do things , my cocker works cover but works to a range that I like her to quater at , as soon she mocks game out I’ll shoot it with the shotgun and she will retrieve to hand , I e never worked a pointer and a spaniel at the same time as both should be able to do the similar job only difference is the pointer will point let you get in position then flush you shoot and it should retrieve back to hand , 

but as far as terriers go , there are plenty of terriers out there working cover who would put some spaniels to shame , going out with a catty and a terrier I recon you would get more kills than if you had a spaniel and a catty as the majority of spaniels will not kill in cover , some will peg bird but that’s a whole different ball game to a terrier who wants to actually kill its quarry in cover , 

There both bred for different styles of work with the gun. Alot now are trying to cut corners an use one dog for one style of hunting. Like lads have tried crabbing that lakelands are just ment for ground work which is a load of bollocks. I know spaniels are great at alot of jobs. I had one of the best bred cockers about at the time 15 years ago. A let her go to a chap on here from up north east  the bitch was called ruby. Last time I know he put her in pup few lads on here bought the pups. One went to bigliks who was on here. Which the pup was looking promising. 

26 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Come see ?

Cards are on the table your not putting owt illegal up a dog hitting cover. Come see a dog in cover over 80 miles in juice to watch a rubbing rag no thanks. Get it up your the man saying you've got a lurcher well show us all. You'll get more likes ffs 

7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Didn’t you travel same distance to line your pet ?

A traveled Same distance to line my bitch yes. But I'm not travlling to see a rubbing rag. You've got a laughing face maybe you'll get another like ffs. I've never seen you put one post up on this forum in last 4 months. 

51 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Come see ?

12 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

It's crazy how game they are this bitch of mine was swing off this young lads pits neck. It could of gone wrong for her. But at the time she just seen red when it sniffed her back end lol. My lurcher ran off soft c**t. Lad a now an he even said it's dog fault for comin upto her. You don't see many lads working the parson no more same as the beddy a good working beddy..

They are a far cry from a patt or digging type Russell but they are game in a smart way usually, lol. Mine has had 2 run ins with my pit/Am bulldog and had the bulldogs canine tooth in his jaw for 5 or 6 weeks. I wondered why the wound wasn't healing and then found the tooth in the terriers bed. Was healed two days later. They are great at tracking, ratting, ferreting and bushing and good watch dog but not human aggressive, I really like mine. 

IMG_3159.JPG

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

How far did you drive to walk the gems an not let dog off lead ?? iv guaranteed you any game you want or I’ll pay your fuel, come see my rubbing rag I’ll even let you see the lads Plummer, not what I’d call a busier but it will embarrass that thing you’ve just bred for cash ???

There not a bad dog aren't the plummers a chap near me has two. A couldn't be in your presence to be fair an that's the truth. Your a cocky c**t over the net. Thinking you know every thing about other men's dogs but really no shit. Just because a didn't put my dog on back of a big old dopey roe get a grip your getting boring now 

5 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

They are a far cry from a patt or digging type Russell but they are game in a smart way usually, lol. Mine has had 2 run ins with my pit/Am bulldog and had the bulldogs canine tooth in his jaw for 5 or 6 weeks. I wondered why the wound wasn't healing and then found the tooth in the terriers bed. Was healed two days later. They are great at tracking, ratting, ferreting and bushing and good watch dog but not human aggressive, I really like mine. 

IMG_3159.JPG

Lovely mate a like the rough coated don't show him on here he's got no marks on its face it can't be a worker with no marks ffs lol 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, dytkos said:

TBH it is a cracking stamp of a dog, would be a shame if it didn't work under the sod.

Cheers, D.

Thing is on this forum if you don't put pictures up your dog doesn't graft to some people. It's okay putting quarry that's legal on here. But when it comes to other things that are not you just don't go there to be fair. A know men that live an sleep for the game family members but would never ever put anything that could get them a knock on the door my the law. So does that make them not decent grafters. The dogs do graft but all legal..

57 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Lovely mate a like the rough coated don't show him on here he's got no marks on its face it can't be a worker with no marks ffs lol 

He was only about 9 months there, about 4 now but you can't really see many scars unless you look close. He' look a lot a lot more convincing if I shaved him, lol.

44 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Got to say...those little  Plummers are well switched on,got a 6 month old bitch,busiest terrier I've ever had ,and smart with it,she's like an old dog ??DSC_1505.JPG.9cc1b1cb926e08d8caba995a89373ce6.JPG

I'd like to own one, I've only ever seen one over here that was claimed to be a Plummer but looked nothing like the ones I've seen on here.