Working Belington?

Does anyone know of any good working beddys being bred these days? There were a few blokes on the working Belington forum who it seemed we're breeding good ones but that forum isn't what it was. I want a beddy whippet 1st cross next Spring/summer to go with my lurcher. Need to know that the beddy and the whippet are well bred. 

IMG_20211201_152049.jpg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few old photos I managed to recover of a few of the old team we had a blast along the way…..good times  

Great little knock about pest dogs for woodland and bits of scrub and ferretting...watched a young beddy whippet take 22 rabbits on the bounce from one feild up in the Highlands few seasons ago..

Posted Images

Tbh I wouldn’t piss about with f1 beddy whippets there a waist of time these days most are bred from dirt or peddled about from talked up shit no point in setting your self up for disappointment get your sen a beddy bred lurcher to beddy bred lurcher bred with some old school breeding behind it guaranteed to put a smile on your face??

• Like 6

It's sad to say that the bedy whippet is getting ruined for ££££ notes by most that breed the type today as most litters are up at over a grand a pup and these people have no interest in working a juckel as its all about coin .

If I was you I'd get a bedy lurcher from workers and I dont think you go wrong .

I'm sure If you got the coin you could have a pup by end of the week on fb but would it be the genuine article "first x and working parents " I dout it but you may get lucky " 

Saying that sometimes you come across a well bred litter from honest folk ,you just have to sieve through the dross as Morton says ? 

If I was looking for a first x I'd get a bedy grey as they bigger ,stronger type but a bedy lurcher like poxons would be my choice 

Bedlington greyhound in pics ,

20211130_140420.jpg

20211202_141718.jpg

20211031_135021.jpg

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

You our right bedy greyhound is the way to go for a first cross I can't see any benefit in a whippet first cross in my opinion it only slows the cross down But each to there own 

grey would be my choice in any first x but that's my opinion ,not saying the whippet don't bring anything to the table as it does but a small lurcher no good to me , 

36 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

grey would be my choice in any first x but that's my opinion ,not saying the whippet don't bring anything to the table as it does but a small lurcher no good to me , 

U could go back to whippet to the bedy x greyhound that would be OK or u could go bedy x whippet x whippet that's what we done 

20201102_130515.jpg

• Like 1
On 15/12/2021 at 10:25, Ferretman65 said:

You our right bedy greyhound is the way to go for a first cross I can't see any benefit in a whippet first cross in my opinion it only slows the cross down But each to there own 

A wee bit of Beddy often goes a long way,. .I like them..?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 9