M25 Protests.

2 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Worrying isn't it? Most people believe it can't happen at home... until it does.

Most people wouldn’t have believed you could get locked up for making a joke…..but you can !

I don’t know how much more proof folks need before they understand that the government are 100% NOT on our side !

• Like 2

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr Wilf  I have nothing in common with people from those big cities.Every Sunday 20 plus members of my family gather for Sunday dinner.Most businesses  are still closed on Sunday.Every man and mo

Policing and politics have changed dramatically in the last few years. I Well remember the miners strike, baton charges by the police, mounted police charges, people arrested and in court the nex

I think the people stuck in the tailback for hours are being shrugged off as suffering a bit of inconvenience ...but how many shift workers were there in those queues ? How many self employed people w

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

Most people wouldn’t have believed you could get locked up for making a joke…..but you can !

I don’t know how much more proof folks need before they understand that the government are 100% NOT on our side !

Sadly for many they'd have to be face down at the roadside with an H&K pointed at them.

The way the lockdown was handled should have made more libertarians and anarchists than anything else but the masses seem to like being lead.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Sadly for many they'd have to be face down at the roadside with an H&K pointed at them.

The way the lockdown was handled should have made more libertarians and anarchists than anything else but the masses seem to like being lead.

Yep,theres a few on here mate,its total madness in Australia.

1 hour ago, Francie said:

Yep,theres a few on here mate,its total madness in Australia.

Who's the few on here mate?

And what do they do that is so different to you?

Not being a prick, but I'm sure 99% of us go about our everyday life in a very similar manner.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, WILF said:

No government in my life time have had our best interest at heart, you say constantly the only way to change things is at the ballot box...I agree in principle, but know it'll never happen...so you have to change things for yourself...

You have, you put you and your family first and done what you think is right for them...that is action imo....

I think too many shout off a lot from behind a computer about governments and the establishment but don't do jack shit to change their own life an ounce... let alone a revolution to change the world ffs

• Like 5
54 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

No government in my life time have had our best interest at heart, you say constantly the only way to change things is at the ballot box...I agree in principle, but know it'll never happen...so you have to change things for yourself...

You have, you put you and your family first and done what you think is right for them...that is action imo....

I think too many shout off a lot from behind a computer about governments and the establishment but don't do jack shit to change their own life an ounce... let alone a revolution to change the world ffs

These conversations are always hard mate because, as I am only too aware, it can very easily come across as preaching when really I’m just talking and discussing this and that, throwing bits and bobs into a conversation out of interest…….I find that stuff useful and fascinating.

I believe (maybe naively) that the government was once broadly on your side or at least the side of the nation…..as Paul Weller says “before we all became American” lol 

Now it’s all “dog f**k dog” and it’s ugly mate……maybe living in the back arse of nowhere has addled my brain and made me go all soft ! Lol  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

I think it’s understandable mate, it’s the comfort of the “known”……the “return to normal” (normal !!…..f**k sake ! Lol ) as has been the catchphrase for the last 18 months ! 

I’m looking at things now and thinking the comfort of the known is going to get thrown out the window and nobody can control it…….a sickness will always right itself and what we have in the world is a sickness.

Just now, WILF said:

These conversations are always hard mate because, as I am only too aware, it can very easily come across as preaching when really I’m just talking and discussing this and that, throwing bits and bobs into a conversation out of interest…….I find that stuff useful and fascinating.

I believe (maybe naively) that the government was once broadly on your side or at least the side of the nation…..as Paul Weller says “before we all became American” lol 

Now it’s all “dog f**k dog” and it’s ugly mate……maybe living in the back arse of nowhere has addled my brain and made me go all soft ! Lol  

I may have come across wrong, if I did I apologise. 

I enjoy the conversations on here, in the main I think we all have very similar views on the world/life we would like... the majority of us hunt/fish/forage etc and that probably (not always lol) means we are in the main happier with the simple things in life ... but we all know greed and gain rules the world, and we are all in some way guilty... regardless of what high horse we'd like to sit ourselves on... 

My point, and its aimed at no one, is we all fall into the trap of pointing at the government, or the rich man, the big pharmaceuticals.... basically things so far out of our control that talking is all we can do.... but many who talk do Jack shit to even change their life for the better... or change their habits to better the very things that annoy them so much....its an echo chamber...

I look at lads that I dont really know like you and see you have made big changes, complete life changes to improve yours and your kids futures..Greyman living his life long dream but having to completely change his normal routine/life to do it.... f***ing great in my book...

• Like 3
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Who's the few on here mate?

And what do they do that is so different to you?

Not being a prick, but I'm sure 99% of us go about our everyday life in a very similar manner.

I was referring to chris gun at the roadside analogy nk,?

2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I may have come across wrong, if I did I apologise. 

I enjoy the conversations on here, in the main I think we all have very similar views on the world/life we would like... the majority of us hunt/fish/forage etc and that probably (not always lol) means we are in the main happier with the simple things in life ... but we all know greed and gain rules the world, and we are all in some way guilty... regardless of what high horse we'd like to sit ourselves on... 

My point, and its aimed at no one, is we all fall into the trap of pointing at the government, or the rich man, the big pharmaceuticals.... basically things so far out of our control that talking is all we can do.... but many who talk do Jack shit to even change their life for the better... or change their habits to better the very things that annoy them so much....its an echo chamber...

I look at lads that I dont really know like you and see you have made big changes, complete life changes to improve yours and your kids futures..Greyman living his life long dream but having to completely change his normal routine/life to do it.... f***ing great in my book...

You make what I did sound way too noble mate, it was no culmination of a noble quest, it was a decision made on the spare of the moment on a train back from Paris……I kid you not.

It was a moment in time when I sat there and thought “Do you know what, I’ve had enough” ! 

I just didn’t like what I was looking at or where I thought it was heading any more.

People think I’m joking when I tell them that but it was no grand plan, it just came into my head (as seems to be my life story ! Lol) and I looked across at the wife and said “Do you know what, I want to f**k off….what do you reckon” and her being her and always backing my mad ideas said “sure, why not….where do you fancy” 

Simple as that ! Lol 

That was August and I was packing my house into and artic on the last day of the following February ! 

I have always been like that, if I don’t like something or it don’t feel right I just do something else so to me I think it’s the simplest thing in the world…..I understand not everyone is or can be like that.

• Like 8
1 minute ago, WILF said:

You make what I did sound way too noble mate, it was no culmination of a noble quest, it was a decision made on the spare of the moment on a train back from Paris……I kid you not.

It was a moment in time when I sat there and thought “Do you know what, I’ve had enough” ! 

I just didn’t like what I was looking at or where I thought it was heading any more.

People think I’m joking when I tell them that but it was no grand plan, it just came into my head (as seems to be my life story ! Lol) and I looked across at the wife and said “Do you know what, I want to f**k off….what do you reckon” and her being her and always backing my mad ideas said “sure, why not….where do you fancy” 

Simple as that ! Lol 

That was August and I was packing my house into and artic on the last day of the following February ! 

I have always been like that, if I don’t like something or it don’t feel right I just do something else so to me I think it’s the simplest thing in the world…..I understand not everyone is or can be like that.

Thats the best way.... I love stuff like that .

We are very similar, we don't mull over decisions too long, my wife is luckily or unluckily as impulsive as me so we tend to just say f**k it and do it...

From going through the free ads looking for a double bed not long after getting together and seeing a litter of spaniels... looked at her and said I wouldn't mind a spaniel...so no bed but brought a spaniels home that night...

To walking down the garden of this place, knowing full well we couldn't afford it.... but as usual I said "what do you think" her response "I can see us here".... I told the old woman that day to take it off the market and spent over 8 months making it happen.... I think impulse is great...also dangerous if you are both the same....there is no one to pull me back and same for her... sounds like you've got a similar marriage mate... makes for the odd sleepless night but a few memories...lol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

Thats the best way.... I love stuff like that .

We are very similar, we don't mull over decisions too long, my wife is luckily or unluckily as impulsive as me so we tend to just say f**k it and do it...

From going through the free ads looking for a double bed not long after getting together and seeing a litter of spaniels... looked at her and said I wouldn't mind a spaniel...so no bed but brought a spaniels home that night...

To walking down the garden of this place, knowing full well we couldn't afford it.... but as usual I said "what do you think" her response "I can see us here".... I told the old woman that day to take it off the market and spent over 8 months making it happen.... I think impulse is great...also dangerous if you are both the same....there is no one to pull me back and same for her... sounds like you've got a similar marriage mate... makes for the odd sleepless night but a few memories...lol

That all sounds very familiar mate ! Lol ? 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, sid g said:

or in support of the hunting ban , 

And there is a brilliant example of what we are talking about mate, of course I wouldn’t support the cause but I do realise the cost of their freedoms are my freedoms……I think right at this moment in history that matters more than ever.

Jmho of course 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, sid g said:

i was like that when i sold my painting business i`d had enough but no plans to pack up good staff full order book , but i felt it was  draining the life out of me another contractor came in the office for a brew i said to him half joking do you want to buy  me out we shook hands on a deal half hour later i`d done all right out of it and it had got me where i wanted to be ,, best thing i ever did , 

Fair one mate, I think you hit the nail on the head with that phrase “draining the life out you” ……that’s it exactly.

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

Fair one mate, I think you hit the nail on the head with that phrase “draining the life out you” ……that’s it exactly.

And you hit the nail right on the head there mate...

The wife and I found old bill outside his bungalow 2 doors up today..a 2ft circle of congealed blood and a hole in the back of his head.he was there for about an hour.and no doubt out cold for a good spell..looked like he tripped and fell back.

Blue fingers and lips and his oxygen bottle for copd out of reach on the floor..

Such things have a strange effect on you mate...draining the life out of you..as in blood for old bill...that sentence sums it up..