Has the monarchy had its day??

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I watched Prince Phillips funeral……and just for the briefest moment there it was, my country & my people…… Here is the real question……if you do away with that, what the f**k have you got left

Turn it in .  why would any one want to cause an end to the kings and queens of this island nation ??       

I fully agree about most of the arguments against having royalty ,I can't really think of a compelling argument for having them ....but I like having a monarch ,I like the tradition ,history and all t

Posted Images

Just now, Lenmcharristar said:

How much further do you think it will have to sink to trigger the political revolt?

It will take the country going skint, absolutely disastrously skint before anyone will actually try and break the Tory/Labour status quo.

They could vote for other people now but they don’t because they are too comfortable to give a shit.

Everything will need to be a smoking ruin before we even take steps to end this perversion…..the sooner the better.

jmho 

30 minutes ago, WILF said:

Selling off all that wouldn’t pay today’s interest on the debt ! Lol ? 

Good old Blighty……everything a price, nothing a value !

Maybe, but the Royals could work for minimum wage and pay rent like so many others have to.

It's not even an English Royal family, they're German but changed their surname to keep people happy.

I liked the Queen mum and Phil the Greek, Liz has shown what a monarch should be like but the rest are hangers on, they fiddle, fail and fornicate and we're expected to support them? Nope, I'd rather lick a cows arse to try and cure chapped lips.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Timmy H said:

Maybe, but the Royals could work for minimum wage and pay rent like so many others have to.

It's not even an English Royal family, they're German but changed their surname to keep people happy.

I liked the Queen mum and Phil the Greek, Liz has shown what a monarch should be like but the rest are hangers on, they fiddle, fail and fornicate and we're expected to support them? Nope, I'd rather lick a cows arse to try and cure chapped lips.

Fair enough mate but let me ask a question.

Without the royal family, what represents you ?……what is your Britain ?

Is it your town?, your village ?, your capital city ?

Is it your news and media ?, is it the people around you ?…….what speaks to you of your history and culture that is uniquely British ? 

If it’s all just pounds and penny’s, what does any of mean ?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, WILF said:

Is it your news and media ?, is it the people around you ?…….what speaks to you of your history and culture that is uniquely British ? 

My family represents me, so do my friends. The place I love and live in.

5 generations of family still living within a few miles of where we were born and brought up despite extensive travel. Being British is supporting my family and those like them if I can. Remembering and revering those that died in 2 world wars and those that suffered in numerous foreign campaigns fighting for better standards for foreigners who then come over here and try to drag our country down to the level of the camel dirtbox they've just escaped from.  Not remote people who mean nothing to me but live in luxury while ordinary people struggle to have a decent standard of living.

I don't give to overseas charities, don't buy anything from China if I can avoid it. Never eat takeaway food or have a Turkish haircut. Never buy the Big Issue unless the seller can speak proper English. Totally ignore anyone wearing sheets with sandals or garden umbrellas with spyholes. Not that we see too many of them down here anyway.

I won't drive German or French cars, I'll drive a Spanish car because I had a half Spanish girlfriend once, she was a good ride too, shaved her armpits but had pubes up to her navel and tasted of garlic and anchovies. Lovely girl but too excitable, when she started cussing in Spanish I used to leg it for a day or so.

The problem with this country is we spend too much time worrying about Johnny Foreigner and what other people think. I say sod all of them, we are an island, always have been and always will be. If we can't or won't look after ourselves then we are finished. We don't need Monarchy or House of Commons and Ministers. We need decency, fairness and a tough stance with those that drag our country down.

Ordinary people have become apathetic, after years of lies and being 2nd class citizens in their own country they have lost the will to fight for what is right.

FFS, they can't even give someone a smack in the lug for jumping a queue!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Means f**k all to me...I'm Welsh

4 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

No, but I see DC is still rattling about, must have ran out of indica, or bouncing off the walls full of desperado

Just got back from fishing...unwinding with a nice sativa?DSC_2149.JPG.ca0553871ba15b85fdb8adae72e28e70.JPG

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Timmy H said:

My family represents me, so do my friends. The place I love and live in.

5 generations of family still living within a few miles of where we were born and brought up despite extensive travel. Being British is supporting my family and those like them if I can. Remembering and revering those that died in 2 world wars and those that suffered in numerous foreign campaigns fighting for better standards for foreigners who then come over here and try to drag our country down to the level of the camel dirtbox they've just escaped from.  Not remote people who mean nothing to me but live in luxury while ordinary people struggle to have a decent standard of living.

I don't give to overseas charities, don't buy anything from China if I can avoid it. Never eat takeaway food or have a Turkish haircut. Never buy the Big Issue unless the seller can speak proper English. Totally ignore anyone wearing sheets with sandals or garden umbrellas with spyholes. Not that we see too many of them down here anyway.

I won't drive German or French cars, I'll drive a Spanish car because I had a half Spanish girlfriend once, she was a good ride too, shaved her armpits but had pubes up to her navel and tasted of garlic and anchovies. Lovely girl but too excitable, when she started cussing in Spanish I used to leg it for a day or so.

The problem with this country is we spend too much time worrying about Johnny Foreigner and what other people think. I say sod all of them, we are an island, always have been and always will be. If we can't or won't look after ourselves then we are finished. We don't need Monarchy or House of Commons and Ministers. We need decency, fairness and a tough stance with those that drag our country down.

Ordinary people have become apathetic, after years of lies and being 2nd class citizens in their own country they have lost the will to fight for what is right.

FFS, they can't even give someone a smack in the lug for jumping a queue!

Good post mate ?, can’t knock any of that.

Personally, I just don’t think it makes sense to help “them” take something else away……I hear you loud and clear with the community thing but in so many places that isn’t the reality imho

I always read the word “fight”, fact is nobody has to fight….they just have to go to a ballot box but, sadly, they don’t. 

I think they should be kept - Elizabeth is a cracking monarch. She's served for a long time and she's seen a lot but, has always remained perfectly composed. 

....... I thought Phillip was brilliant - they balanced each other so well. Him with his naughty streak and, her perfect behaviour. 

As an Englishman and Brit' - they're definitely something to be proud of on the world stage.

The fringes of the line of succession however, are something that the family should have got a grip on.

........ Maybe the likes of Harry and Andrew knew that they had no chance of becoming king so, just thought 'f**k it' and cracked on selfishly regardless. 

I'm not sure on Charles - all his talking to the plants thing and shagging Camilla is a bit weird. I might like him more if he made a few gaffes like his dad.

I think he will end up on the throne but, I'd like to see him pass the crown on fairly quickly.

I think William and Kate are great - he's done well and, in my opinion, picked the perfect woman to sit beside him when he's king - I think the overall image and spirit of the British monarchy will be perfectly safe with those 2.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, WILF said:

I watched Prince Phillips funeral……and just for the briefest moment there it was, my country & my people……

Here is the real question……if you do away with that, what the f**k have you got left ? 

You know what....the funeral was the turning point for me where I went from being a royalist to not giving a fck. 

It's fair to say I've re evaluated alot of my beliefs in the last 12 months. 

During the funeral the Queen was given a big long title, part of that title was 'defender of the faith'. Now I'm not a practicing Christian but I've always believed that Christianity was part of our culture, identity and values. For me the anchor points of society were the altar and the Crown. 

The Queen is defender of the faith...what the fck is she defending. When the arch bishop of Canterbury was pushed from the pulpit by gay rights campaigners did she speak out? When a Christian bakery was set up and prosecuted for not baking a gay rights cake did she speak out. Why are these attacks only on Christianity and not Islam.....why does Islam not have to accept gay marriage?

I understand that the system is the queen stays neutral in our democracy but at some point they have to honor their ancestors and speak up for what's right. 

In the last 20 years our entire rural way of life has been attacked and destroyed. Sorry but I'm no longer able to defend anyone who won't defend me. Our countryside is going under concrete to house 3/4 of a million migrants a year, England and all people have fought and died for is disappearing and in peril like never before. 

Will Balmoral get covered in wind turbines, right to roam and a hen harrier conservation center? No, just like Jeremy corbyn living in a gated Manor house in an all white village they will be protected from the hell that's sweeping across the UK. 

I was a royalist, I want to be a royalist, but times are getting desperate. If they want my support they have to give us some. 

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1