If you could only have one dog

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d say my choice would be what I’ve got now I only have one dog for everything I do there’s better dogs out there for individual jobs but I use a collie greyhound beddy greyhound x I think this cross

My choice would be a we beddy whippet greyhound 

?Its a difficult choice to make,...its been a long old life with lurchers...? Regarding lurchers,.. I seem to have undergone a sequence of evolutionary changes over the years, and what suited me 

Posted Images

you never get through a season of proper work with one dog,going half arsed odd night / day maybe, my current runner goes more than once a week but that might only be one or two runs daytime, ore 3/4 rabbits night time on average so not hammered, my spaniels on the other hand do 2/3 full days a week and towards the end of the season i start nursing them along by leaving some off here and there, as they are a bit full on and never stop, so i dont want them burnt out.

IMG_20210313_065823.jpg.d49ec84cd0acd9a6a7274a8bfbff8d17.jpg

Breeds true so you know what your getting, with a good mix of speed and stamina whilst being robust and injury resistant plus easy to live with. Just what the nurse ordered.

IMG_20210204_171147.jpg.b8766dc1d5c2ce1d28a5faf11dfb53de.jpg 

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 4
10 hours ago, two crows said:

you never get through a season of proper work with one dog,going half arsed odd night / day maybe, my current runner goes more than once a week but that might only be one or two runs daytime, ore 3/4 rabbits night time on average so not hammered, my spaniels on the other hand do 2/3 full days a week and towards the end of the season i start nursing them along by leaving some off here and there, as they are a bit full on and never stop, so i dont want them burnt out.

I love a good real hunting man speech! ?proper work ffs if there out running shit an catching shit that’s proper enough! ??

8 minutes ago, poxon said:

I love a good real hunting man speech! ?proper work ffs if there out running shit an catching shit that’s proper enough! ??

But some running takes loads more out the dog mate ? 

3 hours ago, poxon said:

Your obsessed with "big boy talk" and "real hunting man speeches" and also the only person that sees and mentions most of it?? 

The one dog does him, the same as you? If you were bang at it, would you not think about another dog?

4 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

Your obsessed with "big boy talk" and "real hunting man speeches" and also the only person that sees and mentions most of it?? 

The one dog does him, the same as you? If you were bang at it, would you not think about another dog?

Mate I come on here an see the same old shit dudes giving it the my dogs better than yours shit I’m out more than you I’m killing more than you you should be doing this x amounts of time a week crap by c**ts who ain’t got a dog doing what there say some of the dudes ain’t even got a fecking dog?what’s a matter fella don’t you like I point it out? 

no one as said otherwise. I’m not bang at it ive never claimed otherwise have I? 

12 minutes ago, poxon said:

Mate I come on here an see the same old shit dudes giving it the my dogs better than yours shit I’m out more than you I’m killing more than you you should be doing this x amounts of time a week crap by c**ts who ain’t got a dog doing what there say some of the dudes ain’t even got a fecking dog?what’s a matter fella don’t you like I point it out? 

no one as said otherwise. I’m not bang at it ive never claimed otherwise have I? 

Said IF you were bang at it( I'm not either?)

There is/was a few joke characters that everyone takes the piss out of. But I'm on here most days at one of the breaks and just don't see it, you must have a different thl??‍♂️

Edited by Gilbey