I for one like to see old Charlie in our countryside just like most other lads on here but have no problem with the control of him as we all no the damage he can do to live stock ,but I never can get my head around the shooting brigade or any one dealing with cubs.

20210502_154725.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m from a keepering background myself and would shoot cubs every year. Wasn’t something I had a problem doing, but at the same time was never something I got any enjoyment out of. was just a necessit

The pheasant..... The most overrated bird that lives...... Reared to be shot by folks who pay well to take a brace home..... I know a lad who is paid to take his JCB and bury hundreds of them each sea

These are the fools we don't need and it really sickens me to see this and they really got no morals to kill a cub and they need a good beating    

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I for one like to see old Charlie in our countryside just like most other lads on here but have no problem with the control of him as we all no the damage he can do to live stock ,but I never can get my head around the shooting brigade or any one dealing with cubs.

20210502_154725.jpg

Just like to say I spoke to the farmer who i have known for over 40 yr and he said no one as perm to shoot his land and keeps no sheep or fowl so leaves them alone 

3 minutes ago, Smashing reds said:

Don't understand lads doing this, really boils my blood. I know of a lad that shoots and digs cub all summer long, and doesn't understand why he's not seeing anything during the winter when out with his lurcher. And he calls himself a dog man ??

These are the fools we don't need and it really sickens me to see this and they really got no morals to kill a cub and they need a good beating  

• Like 8

All my digging is on shooting estates and if the keepers want cubs removing which they all do then unless i want to loose my permission i deal with them,a pissy job and one i hate but this year two cubs went to a fella who keeps BOP,s who had the space to rear them instead of them getting shot and there doing fine after a few months of captivity.

Never met a gamekeeper yet who'd leave a litter grow up on his estate and be happy with the loss of game etc...

• Like 7
14 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

There a pest and need controlling 

Dave like my post says if they causing problems then control them but if they not and land owner as no problem with them then leave alone ,if you going to poach land do it for putting meat on the table not for shooting for pure joy of killing a cub 

• Like 7
31 minutes ago, fireman said:

All my digging is on shooting estates and if the keepers want cubs removing which they all do then unless i want to loose my permission i deal with them,a pissy job and one i hate but this year two cubs went to a fella who keeps BOP,s who had the space to rear them instead of them getting shot and there doing fine after a few months of captivity.

Never met a gamekeeper yet who'd leave a litter grow up on his estate and be happy with the loss of game etc...

Fireman I agree with you on keeperd land but this isn't and like post says no one as perm to shoot this farm and farmer as no problem with them as he keeps ped cows and nothing else .

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Fireman I agree with you on keeperd land but this isn't and like post says no one as perm to shoot this farm and farmer as no problem with them as he keeps ped cows and nothing else .

Do you know how the cub was killed as there are many ways for young un's to perish out there mate,as it goes the worse folk i personaly know for just killing stuff for the sake of it are shooters.All year round and the only time they touch the soil is to put out a caller and pick dead stuff up,the rest is spent in a motor and some of the time i think the anti's do have a point ffs...

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

How do you know it was shot if no shooting allowed on the farm ? More likely to be killed by dogs. Looks a bit ragged to me. 

Deffo the rifle lads ote like that wouldn't be dogs 

No way

• Like 1
On 03/07/2021 at 10:43, fireman said:

Yeah, its a task that I do not relish,...but I've cleared litters from under customers sheds,..the Ballroom in a Holiday Camp (Hi De Hi) and once in a Nudist Camp!

Locally, I am duty bound to assist the Keepers on several game shoots,..these guys have been fair to me in the past and permitted all sorts of fun and games on their ground,.so when the call comes out to provide a bit of, finding and flushing, I have to turn up...?

Personally,..foxes hold little interest for me,...I much prefer rabbiting...

Enjoy the Summer lads and stay safe, kind regards, OldPhil.?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 3
57 minutes ago, fireman said:

Do you know how the cub was killed as there are many ways for young un's to perish out there mate,as it goes the worse folk i personaly know for just killing stuff for the sake of it are shooters.All year round and the only time they touch the soil is to put out a caller and pick dead stuff up,the rest is spent in a motor and some of the time i think the anti's do have a point ffs...

58 minutes ago, fireman said:

It was shot along with another one the farmer found later the same day .

• Like 1

It that was killed by dogs, I'm sure there wouldn't be much left of it being a cub that size, unless the owner had to step in to help the dog finish the job!

Could be anything. At least when shooting gets the ban in the future (if it does eventually) the average lazy sit in the truck type and shoot a litter of cubs in July will be gone, cause their too lazy to do any different. Just killers with no understanding of the countryside. 

• Like 3