Most rabbits killed with one lurcher on nights lamping now let's be truthful lads about this one

1 minute ago, green lurchers said:

They got all kinds of shit in them the feed has all manner of dyes n toxic shit in them wild is good but when you get deep into it it’s murky 

The wild I used to get myself were really fresh-run,just a couple of mile from the sea, beautiful fish, I have had farmed and its a different taste, here I get coho, steelhead, and Atlantic but I make sure its wild. 

• Like 1

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? Taken a lot of rabbits over the last 60 years with various working dogs,....but, under the spotlight,..I would think that 78 with my Sadie , back in the 1980's would be the most that I've grassed in

try again.. 63 taken the night before ....took this pic before we set off ferreting

It's not allways about numbers. Not to long ago, I was lucky enough to be invited to the Cairngorms for a weekend, by Northernlite and Taysider. We had a fantastic time, but one naysayer moc

Posted Images

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

I had a rainbow trout for my tea today.

I caught it at Keilder or Fontburn, I know they are stockies, not wild, but would they be classed as "farmed" ?

Cheers.

If it’s stocked it’s farmed it’s released at a weight that’s been attained through high protein pellets once released Into a wild environment it’ll loose weight and try eat anything if it’s a Triploid which has undergone treatment it packs weight being of no gender 

Just now, green lurchers said:

If it’s stocked it’s farmed it’s released at a weight that’s been attained through high protein pellets once released Into a wild environment it’ll loose weight and try eat anything if it’s a Triploid which has undergone treatment it packs weight being of no gender 

Well, that's cleared that up ! ?? !

Cheers.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I caught it at Keilder or Fontburn, I know they are stockies, not wild, but would they be classed as "farmed" ?

Cheers.

Charts, my mate from sunderland fishes there all the time, he is always sending me pics of his fish, there was nowt in there when I was a kid. And I heard they have stopped the free salmon fishing in Durham near the ice-rink due to lads ripping them with trebles. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Well, that's cleared that up ! ?? !

Cheers.

triploid has a very short lifespan can reach incredible weight in just a few yrs  they might look impressive but the fat content and pale flesh isn’t no where near the wild version pretty much the same with all farmed things 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, mackem said:

Charts, my mate from sunderland fishes there all the time, he is always sending me pics of his fish, there was nowt in there when I was a kid. And I heard they have stopped the free salmon fishing in Durham near the ice-rink due to lads ripping them with trebles. 

I fish both of them regularly, but the best time to go is just after a big competition or charity fish, as they make sure they're well stocked just before. Keilder is allways good just after the Jack Charlton Charity Competition.

Ive had some decent fish and big catches from both them, but also some blank days

IMG_0349.JPG.30fe7600b38fda384f415dc183914d96.JPG

IMG_0350.JPG.f19760f2a249c84b90d0c4b51f819004.JPG

Cheers.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I fish both of them regularly, but the best time to go is just after a big competition or charity fish, as they make sure they're well stocked just before. Keilder is allways good just after the Jack Charlton Charity Competition.

Ive had some decent fish and big catches from both them, but also some blank days

IMG_0349.JPG.30fe7600b38fda384f415dc183914d96.JPG

IMG_0350.JPG.f19760f2a249c84b90d0c4b51f819004.JPG

Cheers.

I would love a day there Charts, haven't been in years, your doing well there ?

Just now, green lurchers said:

A wild fish is a thing of beauty 

Fresh run with a few lice around the gills, we used to open them up and eat the eggs raw if we were on the bank doing an all nighter. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
27 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Scoffed this little beauty yesterday, well some of it 8lb 4oz from lointon ,was right nice

20220326_110632.jpg

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Black neck said:

Scoffed this little beauty yesterday, well some of it 8lb 4oz from lointon ,was right nice

20220326_110632.jpg

I wouldn't mind sticking a load of rainbow in a smoker, that's a decent fish.