Jump to content

Most rabbits killed with one lurcher on nights lamping now let's be truthful lads about this one


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

🤔 Taken a lot of rabbits over the last 60 years with various working dogs,....but, under the spotlight,..I would think that 78 with my Sadie , back in the 1980's would be the most that I've grassed in

try again.. 63 taken the night before ....took this pic before we set off ferreting

It's not allways about numbers. Not to long ago, I was lucky enough to be invited to the Cairngorms for a weekend, by Northernlite and Taysider. We had a fantastic time, but one naysayer moc

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

Lamping 

Well.mine was 48 rabbits and three hares with one Dog now I know it's no record.  my cousin Dog killed 81 rabbits one night we got 70 and 80 rabbits many times with two lurchers relying them just asking for interest lads 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

Well.mine was 48 rabbits and three hares with one Dog now I know it's no record.  my cousin Dog killed 81 rabbits one night we got 70 and 80 rabbits many times with two lurchers relying them just asking for interest lads 

70 and 80 rabbits 

Link to post

A lot depends on ground and numbers we did some good numbers up Scotland the land favoured the dogs there one dog took 69 we finished in three figures   he couldn't do 40 normally he cramped up that night the lad got over excited even after I told him he's had enough im more for seeing a good hunt and run than numbers theses days 

  • Like 3
Link to post
1 minute ago, Blackmag said:

A lot depends on ground and numbers we did some good numbers up Scotland the land favoured the dogs there one dog took 69 we finished in three figures   he couldn't do 40 normally he cramped up that night the lad got over excited even after I told him he's had enough im more for seeing a good hunt and run than numbers theses days 

Iam talking about maybe 1985 till about 1990 it's not possible now a days there's just not the rabbits here now but Different times then 

  • Like 3
Link to post
7 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

Iam talking about maybe 1985 till about 1990 it's not possible now a days there's just not the rabbits here now but Different times then 

I think it was round 87 88 i agree there not here now a example I lamped a farm last week that's got a fox problem 30 years ago I use to see between 100 to 250 rabbits I saw 2 on a field that use to be like watership down it was sad to see and no hares I once counted 26 in 3 fields not one on the whole farm 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 1
Link to post
16 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I think it was round 87 88 i agree there not here now a example I lamped a farm last week that's got a fox problem 30 years ago I use to see between 100 to 250 rabbits I saw 2 on a field that use to be like watership down it was sad to see and no hares I once counted 26 in 3 fields not one on the whole farm 

Very few here now But we are getting we pockets of them coming up now iam lucky the last three seasons I have a small estate to hunt rabbits our coming back well in this place for some reason mile down the road no rabbits at all 

Link to post
36 minutes ago, terryd said:

Pointless telling porkies when comes to hunting fishing because who really cares lol. 

No one's telling lies just because u didn't do it dosint meen someone else didn't do it mate from 1978 till 1990 rabbits were everywhere specially down round the Border in N Ireland 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...