Saluki's and their crosses.

24 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

? i’ll be honest i bred a litter a whippets i’d drowned the f***ing lot all look like runts don’t they 

not the smallest a the litter but runt looking in the eyes shape a head etc ?

you could show me a whippet run 3 in the wet id eat me froggos ? 

You changed ya angle from a whippet catching to running 3 in the wet  I wouldn’t give my time for anything that takes 4 mins so you know  ?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

? i’ll be honest i bred a litter a whippets i’d drowned the f***ing lot all look like runts don’t they 

not the smallest a the litter but runt looking in the eyes shape a head etc ?

you could show me a whippet run 3 in the wet id eat me froggos ? 

Is that why your bitch is 3:4 whippet lol 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

Probably right about using a lamping dog though, some of these tight bred ones seem to lame themselves walking to the car??‍♂️ or is it breeding off pups?

That's what I don't get, aren't these types meant to be proper hardy dogs or am I missing something? 

Maybe if you breed to tight things start to pack in and fall apart. 

50 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Good find I haven’t seen that for years, shows the difference between speed and stamina, saying that that Sargent looked like he was dragged about towards the end, a good dog should of still been giving that hare plenty of stick towards the end of that run 

The original hare was piped, and the second half of the course was said to be on another hare

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

MP also said that's where lads are going wrong, they are putting coursing types back to pure saluki and they just aren't fast enough. 

I ran one of mine with a 2 year old heavily saluki blooded coursing type dog this morning.  Big rangey type so I was pleasantly surprised when my yearling had it beat in speed. Less surprised when she showed it up a little in ability running tighter and pushing hard then recovered much quicker.  Mine are fitter perhaps but nonetheless she showed a bit of class in comparison.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, sandymere said:

I ran one of mine with a 2 year old heavily saluki blooded coursing type dog this morning.  Big rangey type so I was pleasantly surprised when my yearling had it beat in speed. Less surprised when she showed it up a little in ability running tighter and pushing hard then recovered much quicker.  Mine are fitter perhaps but nonetheless she showed a bit of class in comparison.

betweeen you and gl we might see a 3 from 3 dog that isnt heavily saluki bred mate ?

but theres more chance of you voting torie ?

and essex gl knocking them sun beds on the head ?

Edited by mC HULL
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Which dog did you run, bang a pic up of it. 

Tonight it sounds like the beginning of the end for these saluki types. ?

Was the saluki type off well known names or just down off show type?

18 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

? Well,.. I reckon that Tay was a real good Hard Blood whippet,.. a genuine animal, owned by a genuine enthusiast...?

RIP Mr Fletcher?

Looked decent for what it was, still, the saluki cross didn't look all too special on that clip. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

? Well,.. I reckon that Tay was a real good Hard Blood whippet,.. a genuine animal, owned by a genuine enthusiast...?

RIP Mr Fletcher?

Geoff bred some of the best non-peds, also some very good Beddy types.

This was one of his breeding, 

IMG_1536.JPG.009da818657857e62677f0bb13092cc6.JPG

Blisteringly fast, too fast for its own good, dropped both gracillis and retired early.

Cheers.IMG_1536.JPG

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 2