• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

6 hours ago, mC HULL said:

people think it was foxhound because of the tri colour with black saddle 

there again there noses are quality could be lol

some say he had a touch of foxhound in him ,ive also heard some say there was abit of airdale in him  who knows  ,,,,

• Like 1
6 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

There's no room for jokes on a thread of this calibre all the top boys are looking in, big greb'll be back on when he gets back from trotting the Akita and no mistake

Less of the jokes shall we, this thread is a serious discussion for the saluki and UK coursing dogs. 

You have all been warned, continue. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, riohog said:

some say he had a touch of foxhound in him ,ive also heard some say there was abit of airdale in him  who knows  ,,,,

I heard it was Airdale many years ago the odd litter of this cross I remember seeing in exchange and mart late 70s and I know for definite their was a chap from the east end of London bred a litter of these late 70s as my old mate had one. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, mC HULL said:

throw back to the rough coated lurcher i think some dogs in the litter looked like saluki 

i think fred seagulls sire was from macs sam he was pure sal unknown breeding  x sal half saluki half rough coated lurcher same as fly blue etc 

weres miles or optimus when you need them ?

Fred's dam was Bess(Mushy X Smith's Fly)

Mushy was Ivor's Rose(long coated "Norfolk") X Browns saluki grey.

They say some of the first litter out of Bess's brother Rebel to Eve had that much coat they were bucketed? ??‍♂️

Edited by Gilbey
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

So do we all agree, these early dogs were capable despite outside blood and not because of it? 

It was the saluki blood that ignited the fire. 

without doupt  the sal blood took them to another level nothing can consistantly competewith a good sal x  on hare.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, riohog said:

without doupt  the sal blood took them to another level nothing can consistantly competewith a good sal x  on hare.

I know that mate but the UK bred coursing dogs are superior to the pure saluki on hare, most would agree. 

Now is that because more ingredients were added to the broth on occasion or is it due to our careful and expert selective breeding? 

2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I know that mate but the UK bred coursing dogs are superior to the pure saluki on hare, most would agree. 

Now is that because more ingredients were added to the broth on occasion or is it due to our careful and expert selective breeding? 

selective breeding ,  but, if you look at all the litters breed  must be fkn 1000.s  only a very few make it  , or is that down to hype , or maybe the man on the other end of the slip , giving it alot of work ..

1 minute ago, riohog said:

selective breeding ,  but, if you look at all the litters breed  must be fkn 1000.s  only a very few make it  , or is that down to hype , or maybe the man on the other end of the slip , giving it alot of work ..

Would you say there's more wastage in the coursing scene than in any other sport in the lurcher game? 

3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Would you say there's more wastage in the coursing scene than in any other sport in the lurcher game? 

i dont know ,every dog ive ever had has stayed with me till it died , .but thats just my way  , i think some folks expectations are to high , ive heard about certain folk taking dogs out for a race  , it hasnt killed  so fk it and left it in the field , not good in my eyes  , you cant run a unfit dog and expect it to be at its best on strong winter stuff ,so my view is its alot to do with the owner to give the dog the or get the best from his dog .

• Like 3
1 hour ago, riohog said:

i dont know ,every dog ive ever had has stayed with me till it died , .but thats just my way  , i think some folks expectations are to high , ive heard about certain folk taking dogs out for a race  , it hasnt killed  so fk it and left it in the field , not good in my eyes  , you cant run a unfit dog and expect it to be at its best on strong winter stuff ,so my view is its alot to do with the owner to give the dog the or get the best from his dog .

Anyone leaving a dog then and there is wrong but end of day if i put 110% effort into a dog jogging it in all weathers feeding it the best i can travelling miles to various bonemen/women to get it checked shovelling shit every day risking motors and fines to run it and it cant hack it when a hare that lives in a seat in a field all year kicks on abit ? f**k that its ok if its not a serious thing in your life but dont knock those who do take it abit serious

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, C.green said:

Anyone leaving a dog then and there is wrong but end of day if i put 110% effort into a dog jogging it in all weathers feeding it the best i can travelling miles to various bonemen/women to get it checked shovelling shit every day risking motors and fines to run it and it cant hack it when a hare that lives in a seat in a field all year kicks on abit ? f**k that its ok if its not a serious thing in your life but dont knock those who do take it abit serious

im certainly not knocking those that try  ive had 50 odd years with running dogs  some better than others  , today i just mooch abaout and happy to do so 

Aye feller good for you that your happy with a mooch n a chase here n there wish i could be like that but with running dogs for me its either bite bullet n take it serious or dont do it at all. Dont mean im asking too much just if im putting that sort of effort in i wxpect effort on dogs behalfbtoo

Edited by C.green
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1