• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

?

This pup I have has been out with me from the start, we’ve had some cracking nights on the phezzies , the more you get among the pheasants the better your pup will be. How old is your pup ?.

An auld veteran she still loves a night on the birds

Posted Images

it's a strange one, some love feather other's don't. I would definitely encourage the pup. little dog I have now has Jaws like a gin trap with rat, rabbit, squirrel. yet feathers she hardly mouths them and tends to hold them. she's had a couple of pheasant and 10 woodpidgeons. she found her 1st pheasant nest before a year old. 

Screenshot_20180504-084516_Gallery.jpg

Edited by fred90
  • Like 5
1 minute ago, fred90 said:

it's a strange one, some love feather other's don't. I would definitely encourage the pup. little dog I have now has Jaws like a gin trap with rat, rabbit, squirrel. yet feathers she hardly mouths them and tends to hold them. she's had a couple of pheasant and 10 woodpidgeons. 

I intend to Fred. The more strings to her bow the better, well that’s the plan anyway. In the past a Lurcher dog I had didn’t mind pheasants but refused to retrieve pigeon because of the loose feathers. Just ended up standing over them with a gob full of feathers lol. That was when I used to shoot though. See how she goes but I do like roast pheasant for Sunday dinner?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Alan, you sound like an old style freelancer to me?

I like pheasants,..we just rip the breast off and use them in all manner of interesting dishes..

Mind you,..I do prefer a good curry over most scran..?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 5
3 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

I like pheasants,..we just rip the breast off and use them in all manner of interesting dishes..

IMG_0316.JPG

I’ll take that Phil. I love nothing more than a mooch about the countryside and hopefully this pup might catch something now and again lol. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, OldPhil said:

IMG_0316.JPG

Phezzie jalfrezi?  Lol ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Allan P said:

My pup seems obsessed with birds and is constantly trying to nail them in the garden. I’m hoping she doesn’t grew out of it and accidentally nabs a few pheasants on our mooches. Anyone else’s dog take to feathers?

This pup I have has been out with me from the start, we’ve had some cracking nights on the phezzies , the more you get among the pheasants the better your pup will be. How old is your pup ?.

3898E4E9-2679-4755-A37B-50B427F1379F.jpeg

• Like 8
10 hours ago, Allan P said:

My pup seems obsessed with birds and is constantly trying to nail them in the garden. I’m hoping she doesn’t grew out of it and accidentally nabs a few pheasants on our mooches. Anyone else’s dog take to feathers?

DBF967C8-0787-46D7-8495-0D17AD8D795C.jpeg

6 hours ago, fred90 said:

it's a strange one, some love feather other's don't. I would definitely encourage the pup. little dog I have now has Jaws like a gin trap with rat, rabbit, squirrel. yet feathers she hardly mouths them and tends to hold them. she's had a couple of pheasant and 10 woodpidgeons. she found her 1st pheasant nest before a year old. 

Screenshot_20180504-084516_Gallery.jpg

Get them under a broody hen Fred ?

12 hours ago, Allan P said:

My pup is still interested in Blackbirds etc but I think that's just puppyhood. He's deffo scented and flushed phezzzzies but has yet to be in a situation to bab one.

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1