Jump to content

Recommended Posts

How is Yours kitted out? Genuine question. Love to see pictures! My mind's turning to improving my own room, see?

Now, I'm big on shelves. I like shelves to put things. I have plenty of shelves. But, an online mate who I discuss projects with has now got himself a Real 'Workshop' sized shed and is fitting it out. He likes Racks. But, he's an precision engineer type.

Got me thinking. I know where Every tool in my room is. I can put my hand on it by muscle memory. But, that doesn't necessarily mean it's in the best place it could be.

I look at some of these 'forgotten' shelves I have in there. Not tools. Just junk that might be useful one day. I wonder. I must have a purge.

Most of all though? I look at that expanse of bare wall, above my work bench. But, what to put there? Peg board is the first thought, isn't it? Or, batons with those spring clips?

  I'm thinking of those small, hand tools I reach for time and again, any given day. But, which live in my tool tote, under the bench. Irony is; The fukking tote's so heavy, I just grab what I think I'll need from it and stagger out to the job, arms and pockets loaded!

:doh: Right there, see! How about if I clear the shit out of my tote? It'd contain only my essential, every day tools. Then, I'd be more inclined to actually Tote it out to the fukking job! Rather than constantly staggering back in here for that tool I hadn't thought of.

  I'm thinking I can chuck the heavy old shit I'll likely never use ~ monkey spanners 'n shit ~ in a bucket. Thinking about the stuff, like that bigger screwdriver, that I may prefer having to hand. Just don't want to cart to every job.

  Looking for ideas. Always liked looking at guys tool sheds. Focus though is on getting basic hand tools on walls.

Oh! And drill bits! Fukk yeah! I use / get through a fukk ton of drill bits! Like to keep back ups. But, those plastic sleeves are a pain. Pin to 7mm is my bread and butter. I'd love one of those holed stands. But, I need to keep two or three of each bit to hand.

Anyone else :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would hate to be old and lonely......

Six free running dogs and castle laws my friend.  If somone wants to play stupid games they'll get stupid prizes. Might be getting torn up by dogs might buckshot in the rear who knows 💁😂

It’s a David brown 990 selectamatic. Left mealtham in April 1969. I have done a full engine rebuild. Clutch brakes etc. Given myself a date of September to complete it as there is a memorial road run

Posted Images

Can just about get in my shed, it's rammed, gonna move some stuff to the brick store down the garden, dreckly 😞

Cheers, D.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Closest thing I have to a tool shed is my car port and my gun room. I'm not foot at being super organized in a traditional sense but I think my little set up works.  Basically every has either it's own general area or container. Rods go on the wall as matched pairs of possible heavy metal working stuff stays by the welding table. Lead melting stuff has it's corner ,trap cleaning suff has its side of the wall, trapping gear I may just need to grab ( drags , completed snares ,snare supports staked drivers ,cable extension cable stakes( all have their place on a rack. I have 5gal buckets with a organizer on each for various things such as fencing stuff and welding stuff so if I'm ever needing to do either I just reach for my bucket and everything I'll need is there. Extension cords are hung by the outlet via a wood screw to the wall, same with the bolt cutters 

My grinders and similar tools with there various disks ,wire wheels and spare adjustment tools sit of a free standing stand I can move around.

IMG_20210524_224435830.jpg.d54afdf01881f0f6b47a67939e116c94.jpgIMG_20210524_224447233.jpg.a130f69d7465babf4c833df158ed42ae.jpgIMG_20210524_224657978.jpg.8928d14f8c760822998baf79c06b7d15.jpg

IMG_20210524_225135495.jpg.a385f02f516f848c210b740008671088.jpg

Would be nicer if these two would stop shedding so much 😂

IMG_20210524_230656807.jpg.a10b5a65e25006931399171e23fc526f.jpg

I'll have to clean up a little in the gun room before I show how I organized that 😅

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mines a disgrace at the minute. 

As the avairy I was getting has fallen through I now have a concrete pad 20'x8' to build a new work shop /bird room. Going to keep this one nice and tidy though. Problem  is time is at an essence, timber prices have gone through the roof and shed builders are booked up for 5 months... 

So think yourself lucky, your upto the racking stage.... 

On the plus side I've just been given these old tools 

IMG_20210525_074305.jpg

IMG-20210524-WA0006.jpg

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Mines a disgrace at the minute. 

As the avairy I was getting has fallen through I now have a concrete pad 20'x8' to build a new work shop /bird room. Going to keep this one nice and tidy though. Problem  is time is at an essence, timber prices have gone through the roof and shed builders are booked up for 5 months... 

So think yourself lucky, your upto the racking stage.... 

On the plus side I've just been given these old tools 

IMG_20210525_074305.jpg

IMG-20210524-WA0006.jpg

They bring back some memories  - I remember my grandad teaching me to use a hand drill and planes like those when I was a kid.

 .......... good times :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Closest thing I have to a tool shed is my car port and my gun room. I'm not foot at being super organized in a traditional sense but I think my little set up works.  Basically every has either it's own general area or container. Rods go on the wall as matched pairs of possible heavy metal working stuff stays by the welding table. Lead melting stuff has it's corner ,trap cleaning suff has its side of the wall, trapping gear I may just need to grab ( drags , completed snares ,snare supports staked drivers ,cable extension cable stakes( all have their place on a rack. I have 5gal buckets with a organizer on each for various things such as fencing stuff and welding stuff so if I'm ever needing to do either I just reach for my bucket and everything I'll need is there. Extension cords are hung by the outlet via a wood screw to the wall, same with the bolt cutters 

My grinders and similar tools with there various disks ,wire wheels and spare adjustment tools sit of a free standing stand I can move around.

IMG_20210524_224435830.jpg.d54afdf01881f0f6b47a67939e116c94.jpgIMG_20210524_224447233.jpg.a130f69d7465babf4c833df158ed42ae.jpgIMG_20210524_224657978.jpg.8928d14f8c760822998baf79c06b7d15.jpg

IMG_20210524_225135495.jpg.a385f02f516f848c210b740008671088.jpg

Would be nicer if these two would stop shedding so much 😂

IMG_20210524_230656807.jpg.a10b5a65e25006931399171e23fc526f.jpg

I'll have to clean up a little in the gun room before I show how I organized that 😅

Bet Kens thinking Wolfie could do with some shelves! 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ArchieHood said:

I would hate to be old and lonely......

Lots of fun can be had from a shed shelf.

Paint it.. measure it now and again..if you really loved the shelf..you could screw coffee jar lids underneath the shelf and screw the coffee jar to said lid..but that is quite advanced shelf technology...and not to be attempted by beginners...

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, java53 said:

Hi wolfdog no way could you leave  your tools out side like that in uk they would be all gone in morning

Six free running dogs and castle laws my friend.  If somone wants to play stupid games they'll get stupid prizes. Might be getting torn up by dogs might buckshot in the rear who knows 💁😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, king said:

Lots of fun can be had from a shed shelf.

Paint it.. measure it now and again..if you really loved the shelf..you could screw coffee jar lids underneath the shelf and screw the coffee jar to said lid..but that is quite advanced shelf technology...and not to be attempted by beginners...

bit like all the fun you could have blacking out car windows or painting kingfisher ornaments .. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, sid g said:

bit like all the fun you could have blacking out car windows or painting kingfisher ornaments .. 

You still missing max then sid...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, king said:

Lots of fun can be had from a shed shelf.

Paint it.. measure it now and again..if you really loved the shelf..you could screw coffee jar lids underneath the shelf and screw the coffee jar to said lid..but that is quite advanced shelf technology...and not to be attempted by beginners...

Now, how fukking sick, sad, old and lonely would a man have to be to spend his time on shit like that? FFS! 🙄

Anyway, here's a quick tour of my 'shed'. The door's on the far left. So, this is the wall inside it:

1878023484_1(3).JPG.9e2f7080cee8e542bbe8d253e30ac2ee.JPG

 

Looking dead ahead, as you stand in the door way, you'll see my stylish bungee cord collection and, right of that, the start of my work bench and my clamp shelf.

  So far, so good. But, look at those ear muff's. Lost, on a single nail, amidst all that wall. They're So fukking handy there! Like my little vice. Just right there. Ready for a Lot of use. What else could be there? And how? 🤔

  That white bucket, under the bench, has caught my eye. That couuld be better used, I suspect. Next to it's my tool tote. Maybe the heavy, unused stuff could go in that bucket?!

2.JPG.4ce82ba6ff66f65db4b2f834aba1f4e8.JPG

 

Moving right: Other end of the bench and a set of shelves that have, frankly, become little more than a fukking junk yard! That shit's caught eye.  And, just Look at All that bare wall! That could be utilised the fukk out of!

Shallow shit though. Close to the wall. Like the peg board idea. So's to be there. Not be in the way though.

3.JPG.8d34e08922373d34b5c4873bdb6a2c23.JPG

 

Opposite end of the room, from the door. These are my main, and favourite storage shelves. Each shelf holds a given category of gear. But, the drill shelf tends to get scattered bits on it. My bits need an over haul and I'd like to buy lots of new, specially chosen, top quality ones.

Half the stuff eating floor space is just passing through. Shelves on the right need looking into. They're a bit haphazard for my tastes now.

4.JPG.9feebf82de5c7fa0bdfa08cdb3966566.JPG

 

Rest of the right / door  side of the room. Basically? A complete fukking shambles. Some shit's probably been there a decade and more. Will still be there when I'm gone ~ if I don't buckle up and do something about it.

5.JPG.14e6d08d5e118ceacac8ba3cf96a3d34.JPG

So, yeah; My 'Shed' could use a make over. If the expected torrent of wise cracks and nonsense to follow throws up one or two solid ideas? That'd be great :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...