Tool Shed Walls?

I'll leave emptying and painting the place to who ever - if anyone - lives here when I'm gone, mate.

Fact is; There's not a lot in life I absolutely fukking despise as much as painting! Hate it with a vengeance. Room I'm sitting in, the walls look like a derelict house. Which it pretty much was when I moved in. Never touched these walls either.

The jars shelves? 3" boards mounted on accordingly small, light L brackets. Not mean't to hold a ton of weight. And I have plenty more shelves / room to hold big or heavy shit. I wanted to maximise the number of jars in that spot.

Really fukking handy though! Back in the day, No mans shed was without its jars screwed under shelves and two ounce baccy tins on the shelves. I don't smoke. So, I keep my Rawlplugs on the shelves :)

That welder ..... :( Yeah. They stopped doing the very one I had my heart set on. Then, scraps of angle iron? (Can you hear that wind, whistling across this landscape, completely devoid of old iron?)

No. I lost heart when 'my' welder vanished. Considered I'd be for ever asking friends (What friends?!) to bring me scrap iron, to practice on .....

Fukk it. Time I have left? Easier to pay the money to some kunt to do the welding for me. It'd only end up, sat on a shelf.

You rant all you like about sheds, mate! I fukkin love 'em! :D Had a life long obsession with 'em. Ever I passed an open garage door? If it was one of those where they didn't have a motor, but used it as a shed / workshop? I'd walk Really Slowly!  Try to examine as much as I could! ?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would hate to be old and lonely......

Six free running dogs and castle laws my friend.  If somone wants to play stupid games they'll get stupid prizes. Might be getting torn up by dogs might buckshot in the rear who knows ??

It’s a David brown 990 selectamatic. Left mealtham in April 1969. I have done a full engine rebuild. Clutch brakes etc. Given myself a date of September to complete it as there is a memorial road run

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Closest thing I have to a tool shed is my car port and my gun room. I'm not foot at being super organized in a traditional sense but I think my little set up works.  Basically every has either it's own general area or container. Rods go on the wall as matched pairs of possible heavy metal working stuff stays by the welding table. Lead melting stuff has it's corner ,trap cleaning suff has its side of the wall, trapping gear I may just need to grab ( drags , completed snares ,snare supports staked drivers ,cable extension cable stakes( all have their place on a rack. I have 5gal buckets with a organizer on each for various things such as fencing stuff and welding stuff so if I'm ever needing to do either I just reach for my bucket and everything I'll need is there. Extension cords are hung by the outlet via a wood screw to the wall, same with the bolt cutters 

My grinders and similar tools with there various disks ,wire wheels and spare adjustment tools sit of a free standing stand I can move around.

IMG_20210524_224435830.jpg.d54afdf01881f0f6b47a67939e116c94.jpgIMG_20210524_224447233.jpg.a130f69d7465babf4c833df158ed42ae.jpgIMG_20210524_224657978.jpg.8928d14f8c760822998baf79c06b7d15.jpg

IMG_20210524_225135495.jpg.a385f02f516f848c210b740008671088.jpg

Would be nicer if these two would stop shedding so much ?

IMG_20210524_230656807.jpg.a10b5a65e25006931399171e23fc526f.jpg

I'll have to clean up a little in the gun room before I show how I organized that ?

You sure your not a red neck?

32 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

What model is your blow up doll....is that the buzzmatic busty Brenda with vibrating minge I spy tucked away on that shelf.....?

I Knew someone would spot that! ?

That's 'My Girlfriend'! Seriously! Here's the story:

It's the plastic bag a quilt comes in. K? And, one time, wanting a fresh quilt in summer, or some such, they were out of stock. I was fukked! So, as soon as they came back in? I bought Two. One I used. The other I stuck up on that top shelf.

Now it gets 'creepy' enough you kuntz'll have a fukking field day! ? Going in and out of that room. Constantly. Day and night. There was always this nice looking image. I mean, she Does rather stand out, amongst a load of tools and shit, yeah?

That is also the only image of a fellow human being I actually See, day by day. So, one day, I decided she was the closest thing I have to a girlfriend. Ever would, at my age.

It was just a mind trick, in response to this constant, repetitive eye catch. Like an 'Ear Worm'.

Yadda, yadda ..... I change my quilt for That one. But, after all this time? I'm so used to seeing that image? Fukk it. So I hang " Girlfriend " off the shelf. There she is. How many guys have a 'Pin Up' in their place of work? Problem?

And, know what? Look at the left hand end of my bench. That greyish thing? That's one of my dogs grave stones. Has his plaque on it. Waiting to be taken up and put on his grave.

And, I swear; I find it Very hard, when I go in there first and last, Not to murmur; " Hullo / 'Night Girlfriend. Dogs name. " :) 

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

The fact that you actually hang bungy cords in size order is a bit scary

You'd prefer dragging coloured spaghetti out of a bag, every time you need a certain length?

Good luck with that!

6 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Thats some james may sh1t there (captain slow)

WHO?! :icon_eek:

7 minutes ago, sid g said:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz                              

Excately sid...it is fecking boring. So stop being a cnut in the beginning then..

2 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I'll leave emptying and painting the place to who ever - if anyone - lives here when I'm gone, mate.

Fact is; There's not a lot in life I absolutely fukking despise as much as painting! Hate it with a vengeance. Room I'm sitting in, the walls look like a derelict house. Which it pretty much was when I moved in. Never touched these walls either.

The jars shelves? 3" boards mounted on accordingly small, light L brackets. Not mean't to hold a ton of weight. And I have plenty more shelves / room to hold big or heavy shit. I wanted to maximise the number of jars in that spot.

Really fukking handy though! Back in the day, No mans shed was without its jars screwed under shelves and two ounce baccy tins on the shelves. I don't smoke. So, I keep my Rawlplugs on the shelves :)

That welder ..... :( Yeah. They stopped doing the very one I had my heart set on. Then, scraps of angle iron? (Can you hear that wind, whistling across this landscape, completely devoid of old iron?)

No. I lost heart when 'my' welder vanished. Considered I'd be for ever asking friends (What friends?!) to bring me scrap iron, to practice on .....

Fukk it. Time I have left? Easier to pay the money to some kunt to do the welding for me. It'd only end up, sat on a shelf.

You rant all you like about sheds, mate! I fukkin love 'em! :D Had a life long obsession with 'em. Ever I passed an open garage door? If it was one of those where they didn't have a motor, but used it as a shed / workshop? I'd walk Really Slowly!  Try to examine as much as I could! ?

Wouldn’t worry about a welder I got a mini mig used once. And a Lidl puller drill that I thought was a bargain. But never actually used! I love the middle of Lidl for pointless shite I don’t need ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Find a young teenager about the place and throw him £30 he will soon do some painting mate..

I've got a concrete section garage here with large steel washer type bolts holding the panels to the concrete upright post's..

The concrete panels are thin to drill and wall plug for brackets..so I cleaned them washer type discs to bare metal with the grinder and welded some long screws to them works a treat..

Heavier gauge metal for the next shelf to take some weight is the plan.IMG_20210525_191427.jpg.96ac64ee03f56ba09f42e729a6f5888b.jpgIMG_20210525_191720.jpg.f90a3f31bfbfea61c8a02bbdaca64e9a.jpg

35 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Wouldn’t worry about a welder I got a mini mig used once. And a Lidl puller drill that I thought was a bargain. But never actually used! I love the middle of Lidl for pointless shite I don’t need ??

The spray cans are really good quality I've found mate..£2:99 each..they had car paint 1's a while ago and rust protection type spray cans.

I even sprayed the roof bars and wheel cover of the Jimny with lidl car spray paint..and tinted the rear windows..

IMG_20210525_192331.jpg.01df9a91062e663f245affbe8f16d7f4.jpg