Ive given up deciding between messi and ronaldo . Used to be people assumes messi was the nice one and ronaldo was the selfish arsehole. As times gone on messi hasnt done himself any favours with his antics at barcelona theratening to leave every year or two to get a bumper pay rise . Looking at the amount of contracts either player has signed gives a glimpse into who has a big taste for the coin

Cant comment on best as ive only ever seen highlight reels

Also never understood tge hype about gazza . Obviously a very talented player but he gets spoke about as if he was close to being one of the worlds greatest sometimes 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not the GOAT, but who cares.., this guy did things with a ball that I’d happily pay to watch. Never get tired of watching the trick where he goes outside then inside in the same stride. He’d have only

The man has spent over a decade playing at a level that best couldn’t ever achieve , at a pace and intensity that defies belief , all the time being a misplaced ankle away from a career ending injury

Hes better conditioned than best as in nutrition, modern sports science and hemaROIDS, best dont what he did on a diet of booze and sex. In bests day ronaldo gets beat with his own dildo and kicked of

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Also never understood tge hype about gazza . Obviously a very talented player but he gets spoke about as if he was close to being one of the worlds greatest sometimes 

Always thought the same. Decent player, but Gascoigne never really played consistently at the top level, and probably had his best years up here. And I’m the first to admit that the Scottish league was a level below the best in the world at that time. Think the heart on sleeve persona, and the tears in ‘90 endeared him to many, as much as his talent and achievements on the park.

As for George Best, imho not even in my top ten best ever, but when you hear the tribute paid to his talent by great players of his era, he must’ve been a stand out. Again though, I think the lifestyle and ‘what might have been’ has added to his legend. 
As been said, the whole GOAT thing is entirely subjective, so little point in debating really. Especially as it’s definitely Messi, no doubt about it ?

11 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

The tragedy of Gazza is what he might have achieved if he’d went to man United 

He would have gone down in my estimation ?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

The tragedy of Gazza is what he might have achieved if he’d went to man United 

Same as Shearer...?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

Same as Shearer...?

I can always make peace with Shearer choosing newcastle . Hed already won the premier league  . I really liked the fact he went to his hometown club and that was all he wanted . He was a absolute monster player aswell

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Welsh_red said:

I can always make peace with Shearer choosing newcastle . Hed already won the premier league  . I really liked the fact he went to his hometown club and that was all he wanted . He was a absolute monster player aswell

Agreed mate....I'm fishing a little...?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

An absolute statue of a player , what an icon of a striker back to your home town club 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

An absolute statue of a player , what an icon of a striker back to your home town club 

To still be the all time record goal scorer (by a mile !) in a league that has seen Rooney, Henry, Van Nistilrooy, Anelka, Van Perse, Torres, Fowler, Owen, Cole, Yorke, Aguero  etc etc etc tells you all you need to know about the bloke !

Giant of a player ! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, WILF said:

To still be the all time record goal scorer (by a mile !) in a league that has seen Rooney, Henry, Van Nistilrooy, Anelka, Van Perse, Torres, Fowler, Owen, Cole, Yorke, Aguero  etc etc etc tells you all you need to know about the bloke !

Giant of a player ! 

Also to score that many goals for a club that wasnt filled with mega stars to help him along . Back to the messi thing , would he have scored as many without the likes of xavi/iniesta in the team . Shearer didnt have that luxury. 

My defining memory of him is him being insanely strong and powerfull. I played centre back and if a striker can smash you around aswell as score theirs not a major amount you can do . If their a small tricky skillfull player you can always bash them about a bit and try put them off their game

20 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Also to score that many goals for a club that wasnt filled with mega stars to help him along . Back to the messi thing , would he have scored as many without the likes of xavi/iniesta in the team . Shearer didnt have that luxury. 

My defining memory of him is him being insanely strong and powerfull. I played centre back and if a striker can smash you around aswell as score theirs not a major amount you can do . If their a small tricky skillfull player you can always bash them about a bit and try put them off their game

Alan shearer was far more reliant on his fellow players than lionel messi, messi is capable of scoring goals from anywhere, beating multiple defenders if need be, i think he is king of the assist also, different gravy to the likes of shearer, van nistelrooy.

• Haha 1