9 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

even 15/20 years ago he would have looked silly - ferdinand, terry, ashley cole, stam, neville and maybe even carragher wouldnt have allowed someone to just dribble past

John Terry couldn't even fend off his mates missus....

• Haha 2

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not the GOAT, but who cares.., this guy did things with a ball that I’d happily pay to watch. Never get tired of watching the trick where he goes outside then inside in the same stride. He’d have only

The man has spent over a decade playing at a level that best couldn’t ever achieve , at a pace and intensity that defies belief , all the time being a misplaced ankle away from a career ending injury

Hes better conditioned than best as in nutrition, modern sports science and hemaROIDS, best dont what he did on a diet of booze and sex. In bests day ronaldo gets beat with his own dildo and kicked of

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

even 15/20 years ago he would have looked silly - ferdinand, terry, ashley cole, stam, neville and maybe even carragher wouldnt have allowed someone to just dribble past

Those players wouldn’t last the 1st half in the modern game, They would be sent off !

rule changes have allowed mediocre players to look good and great players to look exceptional ! 

People cant say Ronaldo or Messi or whoever are the best ever, they are certainly right up there in the positions they play but would they be as good as Paulo Maldini at left back ?......I seriously doubt it ! 

No such thing as “the best”.......if there was a best and it was based just on honours and achievements then the original Ronaldo is the best there has ever been !

It will genuinely take you 10 minutes plus to read all his honours and records ! 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, WILF said:

Those players wouldn’t last the 1st half in the modern game, They would be sent off !

rule changes have allowed mediocre players to look good and great players to look exceptional ! 

People cant say Ronaldo or Messi or whoever are the best ever, they are certainly right up there in the positions they play but would they be as good as Paulo Maldini at left back ?......I seriously doubt it ! 

No such thing as “the best”.......if there was a best and it was based just on honours and achievements then the original Ronaldo is the best there has ever been !

It will genuinely take you 10 minutes plus to read all his honours and records ! 

Was gonna mention original Ronaldo... just amazing!

C Ronaldo is a player imo who could play in any era, he is physically good enough, he has the lot, good in the air, both feet, strong, fast..

But this goat is impossible, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Maradona...Maldini as you say was sheer class... and of course messi, but for me Ronaldo tops him, he's done it in England, Spain.and Italy plus for his country, love watching Messi... but Ronaldo is another level..

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Ronaldo is a player imo who could play in any era, he is physically good enough, he has the lot, good in the air, both feet, strong, fast..

But this goat is impossible, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Maradona...Maldini as you say was sheer class... and of course messi, but for me Ronaldo tops him, he's done it in England, Spain.and Italy plus for his country, love watching Messi... but Ronaldo is another level..

comparing Ronaldo and Messi was described to me before as a whippet lurcher and a greyhound lurcher. that typical 'yeah but if Messi was Ronaldo's size' ...but he's not and that's not Ronaldo's problem, its Messi' 

Edited by South hams hunter
spelling
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Don't know how anyone can see these or them wouldn't last in today's game. 

Raise them in today's world with the sports science behind them and they would still be greats. 

they wouldnt, the same as todays boxers wouldn't have lasted in the 70/80/90 - some eras just have awesome athletes and best was the best of a bad bunch. Becks was worth 5 Bests 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

C Ronaldo is a player imo who could play in any era, he is physically good enough, he has the lot, good in the air, both feet, strong, fast..

I’d say Christiano Ronaldo is probably one of the greatest examples there has ever been to young players, if not the greatest.

He created himself and that is something they should be promoting to every young player.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

I’d say Christiano Ronaldo is probably one of the greatest examples there has ever been to young players, if not the greatest.

He created himself and that is something they should be promoting to every young player.

Enough talent but tons of graft...he said when he got to UTD he would be the best player in the world...well he weren't far wrong

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

Enough talent but tons of graft...he said when he got to UTD he would be the best player in the world...well he weren't far wrong

Ability without the mind don’t mean much mate, don’t need to tell you that I know.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

they wouldnt, the same as todays boxers wouldn't have lasted in the 70/80/90 - some eras just have awesome athletes and best was the best of a bad bunch. Becks was worth 5 Bests 

You can't say that, it's all subjective. 

It's not like athletics where you are racing against the stopwatch, even that isn't entirely accurate as running equipment and tracks have improved. 

It's just as much about nurture as it is nature these days, there's always been talented humans and there always will be.