New acquisitions

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Replacement Stock lost my two old ones end of the season. They were both sisters 8 years old one just fell over dead on the lawn in front of me about six weeks later the other just started to fade awa

My old man out of the blue has given me this am over the moon shes been parked up since I was born ( 36 years) going to take some time and effort to get her back on the road but will be worth it i hop

Got this little air rifle off my brother,was given it collecting scrap... Gave it a soak,and quick polish,rattle can of metal spray paint ... Shoots sweet, will keep my 9 yr old lad entertai

Posted Images

On 04/09/2021 at 19:58, sid g said:

like this one ? 

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Bronze Tethered Dog Mastiff/Bulldog/pit Bull ?. Sculpture with marvel base Weight is 9.2kg.

Thats the sort of thing mate yes i didnt even thin to look on ebay i thought they were harder to come by than that....nice one thankyou :thumbs:

• Like 1

Sid; There must be more 'Unique and original, solid bronze' Valton knock off's now than Rolex watches or designer hand bags. I've seen at least half a dozen variations on the original theme too.

Is no one selling good, honest, cast resin ones for a fraction of the stupid money the Del Boys peddle for?

5 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Sid; There must be more 'Unique and original, solid bronze' Valton knock off's now than Rolex watches or designer hand bags. I've seen at least half a dozen variations on the original theme too.

Is no one selling good, honest, cast resin ones for a fraction of the stupid money the Del Boys peddle for?

Its only a present for the nephew he wouldnt know a goodun from a snide.....that said i do want one that looks like a dog some of them look like they've got a bit of Armadilo blood in there.

• Like 1

? Seen some f***ing howlers myself, Gnash! There's even one out there, looks like he's pissing up a post with one of those American post boxes on top!

I think I prefer the original Voltan one myself. They even do desk top sized ones. Now, maybe one of them, tastefully finished, in honest resin? I could even find a spot for on the shelf.

What I did have was a solid, life sized, very nice looking, sitting up, pit bull. Made out of what ever they make these garden statues out of. Sand and cement? Only cost me about sixty quid, in a garden centre.

Put it beside my front door. Lasted about a fukking week!!! Kuntz! ?

17 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

? Seen some f***ing howlers myself, Gnash! There's even one out there, looks like he's pissing up a post with one of those American post boxes on top!

I think I prefer the original Voltan one myself. They even do desk top sized ones. Now, maybe one of them, tastefully finished, in honest resin? I could even find a spot for on the shelf.

What I did have was a solid, life sized, very nice looking, sitting up, pit bull. Made out of what ever they make these garden statues out of. Sand and cement? Only cost me about sixty quid, in a garden centre.

Put it beside my front door. Lasted about a fukking week!!! Kuntz! ?

They're not bronze but if Pit Bulls are your thing ive just ordered a bunch of these they look really well made from the pictures.....theres some that are a little bit too detailed ?....but very clever all the same.

IMG_2271.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

• Like 7
9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

They're not bronze but if Pit Bulls are your thing ive just ordered a bunch of these they look really well made from the pictures.....theres some that are a little bit too detailed ?....but very clever all the same.

IMG_2271.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

that has too be the most famous stance of Jeep ever. 

is the bottom one chinaman gnasher?

1 hour ago, South hams hunter said:

that has too be the most famous stance of Jeep ever. 

is the bottom one chinaman gnasher?

It is mate yes.....he can pretty much reproduce any dog from a photograph so isnt limited to just gamedogs id imagine any lurcher/terrier is within his capabilities....like i say he's a clever chap.

Edited to add......they are mostly around 25 - 30 cm so not gimicky little things but at the same time not so large as to be tacky.

IMG_2278.jpg

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Id love see one a zeebo 

Not quite as good i didnt think

Sometimes as South Hams pointed out its the famous pose the dog is in or a popular picture of the dog that causes the likeness rather than likeness to the dog itself.....he has one of gr ch Banjo that looks nothing like him i dont think......although that said i do think the gr ch Mayday one at the very top is a really good likeness to the dog itself.

IMG_2279.jpg

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply (PM), Gnash. I'll be glued to this thread, obviously, for further updates.

I'm sitting here, reminding myself it's a wonderful thing that they don't do bespoke one off's. My pension and all I possess wouldn't cover it, looking at those works! :icon_eek:

I'll make do with the memories. Good and bad. And my one photo.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sid g said:

gnash you  selling or collecting these just curios tidy things :good:

No nothing to do with me Sid im just the customer somebody put me onto him and he sent me some pics of his work....the chap is abroad and they are probably a little expensive for what they are....just have to see if they are as good in the flesh so to speak.....happy to pass his contact details if you're interested.

• Like 1