Grafters diet.

3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

But was that despite the diet or because of it? 

I'm not saying they are unhealthy but I imagine they are processed food? 

You would have likely been in shape no matter your diet as you were highly active. 

I'll be looking to possibly go boxing training 3 times a week while I'm down London, with the shift times I'm probably not going to make all sessions. 

I just want to start eating better in general as well, cutting out sugars would be a start, I've done it before so will do it again but can't say I particularly enjoy the process as it takes more dedication and arsing about than eating just anything. 

None of it is processed it’s all fresh food foil sealed ... if it wasn’t good quality food with decent balance of protein and carbs we would all be looking like skeletons at the end of a tour but you don’t. You do strip some fat but your muscle mass and energy levels stay. 

• Like 1

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not much of a sneak mate...he took out 3 tents and ended up in the pond on his 100 yard stagger to bed!! Lol

As far as cold storage goes a decent coolbox with a frozen water bottle in it, it will give you a fridge anywhere for 5 days. I use a Coleman xtreme, took it on a 5 day river wye canoe trip in the bla

Felt fresh to be honest , a lot less bloated with no starchy potatoes and pasta to fill your plate with   , use salad a lot more which has been good to mix the meat up with .    we have adapted

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, socks said:

None of it is processed it’s all fresh food foil sealed ... if it wasn’t good quality food with decent balance of protein and carbs we would all be looking like skeletons at the end of a tour but you don’t. You do strip some fat but your muscle mass and energy levels stay. 

Where is the best place to get them from, I'll have a gander. 

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

What's the content and nutritional value in them? ?

It's mainly to see me through the day, in the evening I can cook up something or nip out to Wetherspoons after training.

Whole 24hr box including the drinks is about 4000 calories

• Like 1

Would you seriously consider using these as your staple diet when working away? 

It's got to be the most simplest and convenient way to hit your macros. 

I could then get myself fresh fruit and tinned fish along with these. 

• Like 1

Get yourself a decent stove. You can get them with oven and 2 hobs. We use ours all the time. Cooked pasta, stew, fish. The last meal I cooked on it was sausage mash and veg for 5 people. Omelette for breakfast or even knock up a load of porridge. Army rations are handy but any food that can be sealed in a bag and have a 10 year shelf life ain’t for me anymore!! 

D452A69F-7D38-463D-8CEA-D4BB214475A2.jpeg

8CF54B1D-DA15-430E-B78D-FA53B5C33D6D.jpeg

Is this just for one meal in the day?

I'm out in the van all day and climbing up and down towers, I just get the healthiest (less bad ?) meal deal from co op or wherever. Not the best or worst food but does the job.

• Like 1

If your just looking for good healthy food to get through the working day, try jerkys and dried foods, salmon jerky is top class too, some dried or tinned fruits, or some salads with jerky or a flask of beef or chicken broth and add some pak choi and dried fish or meats for lean eating, try dried seasonings too easier to carry for flavouring food

• Like 1

Its never been easier to eat cleanly on the move most of the lads down here use one of the pre made delivery mobs....if money isnt too much of an issue just use Gymfood.....either phone them up or do it online they use Uber eats and Deliveroo so everythings done for you they even tailor your meals to your training bulking/maintenance etc theres one in Bethnal Green,one near Holloway Rd,one over Battersea somewhere....or Musclefood are another mob a bit cheaper.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My vices are coffee and potato based scoff 

meal prep boxes are about a 5iver in b and m at the moment so may be worth getting a few and prepping them over the week once or twice ? 

I live about 5 miles from my place of work so I don’t waste dinner time by driving home to eat and the food is garbage at work , I haven’t time to eat properly so I have a tin of oily fish or a meal prep box and a shake at dinner 

I’ve also started eating breakfast which may sound mental to some people but I can’t eat immediately after getting up . 

good to see you’ve got the fitness drive again greb , I was doing well since feb but I’ve picked up quite a bad achillles strain this week and I’m crippled . 

football well and truly finished 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

My vices are coffee and potato based scoff 

meal prep boxes are about a 5iver in b and m at the moment so may be worth getting a few and prepping them over the week once or twice ? 

I live about 5 miles from my place of work so I don’t waste dinner time by driving home to eat and the food is garbage at work , I haven’t time to eat properly so I have a tin of oily fish or a meal prep box and a shake at dinner 

I’ve also started eating breakfast which may sound mental to some people but I can’t eat immediately after getting up . 

good to see you’ve got the fitness drive again greb , I was doing well since feb but I’ve picked up quite a bad achillles strain this week and I’m crippled . 

football well and truly finished 

I want to try and cut some timber so looking at around 2200 calories a day or there abouts. 

It's not just the calories though, I want to eat a healthy and balanced diet with as much whole foods as possible. 

The sugars will be the hardest to cut out, fizzy drinks particularly. 

Let's see how long it lasts. 

11 minutes ago, Rusty2 said:

I'm on 2200 just now to try and shift lockdown weight. Eating good foods and tracking everything on my fitness pal. Have beers and a treat on a saturday night. But through the week I have a cam of Pepsi max a day with dinner . Takes away the sweet cravings and has zero sugar or calories. 

That's it, very hard just to go straight cold turkey. 

I wouldn't say I've got a particularly sweet tooth but I'm like a hoover, if it's there I'll have it. 

I don't drink often at all so booze isn't a vice of mine. 

I'm not even sure I eat any more than I always have, I think it's just a case of me getting older and doing less. 

Edited by Greb147
2 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Probably a bit much then if you're wanting to cut. 

Kick the boiled sweets, and the cherryade into the long grass and you'll be reet

Get yourself a Poundland pan and a camping stove, pack each of 4 supermarket cheese and onion and Cornish pasties, holdall load of beans, wholemeal hovis, Roysters t bone steak crisps, red Leicester block

Live the dream young grasshopper