4 hours ago, poxon said:

I don’t mine speaking to people but spending time with people I don’t really know I’m alright tbh lol. On here people give a impression there hard at it all season more than any other man/woman on here it’s like a contest it’s funny to sit back an watch posts from some people chat shit they forget what they say on one post to the next it all unfolds in front of your eyes some of the people that are trying to tell people what they should be doing or the type of dog they need ain’t even got the dog there describing there selfs an are definitely not doing what there telling people they should be doing it’s a bit of a fantasy land tbh with some people. Who knows mate ??‍♂️. All these little scripted sayings do my nut mate when people start reeling them off I cringe ??gotta let them crack on ?? My only concerns is what I’ve got on the lead is good for me 

Some corkers on here mate ? but make sight better for it 

few think I’m barmy ? 

but some on here don’t think seen one a each type run lol

sight hound we run here are   grey ,U.K. coursing bred , whippet , 

whippet bombing in little circles can’t be beat 

as running dogs go over few hundred  meters whippet need a tow rope be beaten by pure Sal the coursing bred and the coursing grey be neck and neck hardly out in it pure Sal be a length behind after 400 yds hundred yards coursing bred would be leading the  coursing grey and Sal be neck and neck after 5 mins the pure be in front just as strong as when it first started ? that’s just my eyes let’s see what lads think ? 

then you cross with none sighthounds like herders bulls terriers  etc and lads have you believeing they faster than sighthounds ? 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never understood the fascination with worrying what others keep or what you could be missing out on?paddle your own canoe...and f**k what anyone one else thinks or says ?

It was a slightly grammatically ambiguous but I suspect this may be due to his writing in his local vernacular..to me it was perfectly comprehensible ,he thinks mushrooms gay .

Bob on that ! People telling other people what to run when they even been to there ground , Iv got a pup coming and had all sorts of people telling me what I should get but hardly any of them have act

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

If I hadn’t been out seen proper dogs I’d still be hunting bunny’s with the bitza ? 

you see quality you soon stop with what you have or was breeding mate ?

unless your kennel blind ? 

had a lifetime of hunting bunny's with bitzas... wouldn't change it for the world ?

• Like 8
40 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Never understood the fascination with worrying what others keep or what you could be missing out on?paddle your own canoe...and f**k what anyone one else thinks or says ?

? dude??

• Like 1
1 minute ago, fred90 said:

had a lifetime of hunting bunny's with bitzas... wouldn't change it for the world ?

I love it mate me self but always had loads of other stuff to run aswell mate and when you see dogs killing things easily it really opens your eyes mate 

I always had a dog can knock me few bunny’s over mate it’s a challenge to get one knocking other things over aswell ?

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

If I hadn’t been out seen proper dogs I’d still be hunting bunny’s with the bitza ? 

33 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I'm a terrierman first and foremost...and  know what I need from a Terrier ..same goes for a runner?...I'll stick to what I know works..I'm to long in the tooth to be wasting my time buying into some other clowns dreams and chasing rainbows ..when I find it a struggle,I'll knock it on the head and enjoy mooching about with a runner and catty?158136782_BlackheartsDogs019.jpg.ee8654c53b9ce69c8bbaa678c9a48661.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I'm a terrierman first and foremost...and  know what I need from a Terrier ..same goes for a runner?...I'll stick to what I know works..I'm to long in the tooth to be wasting my time buying into some other clowns dreams and chasing rainbows ..when I find it a struggle,I'll knock it on the head and enjoy mooching about with a runner and catty?158136782_BlackheartsDogs019.jpg.ee8654c53b9ce69c8bbaa678c9a48661.jpg

You’ve been at it long enough mate I’ve know doubt You’ve got what suits your land and hunting mate if I ended up living round corner I’d prob be after a pup ? ?

same goes for me mate I need nearly all sighthound mate for what I do ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

You’ve been at it long enough mate I’ve know doubt You’ve got what suits your land and hunting mate if I ended up living round corner I’d prob be after a pup ? ?

same goes for me mate I need nearly all sighthound mate for what I do ?

Your as mad as a box of frogs kid...but I like that..keep on keeping on ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Your as mad as a box of frogs kid...but I like that..keep on keeping on ??

? ?some want short bursts strong dogs some want obedience some want all action 

I just want me dog to chase catch all season different land from plough to seed big to small land don’t care how it adapts to each just as long as result same at the end mate ? 

You”ll  see miles more teeth were you are mate ?but what I do see got run pre ban ?

This is going to sound wrong probably, but I know what I mean even if it doesn’t come out right. Not saying me, but there are folk for who it is an obsession, all they really care about. Sad or not. They strive to have the real deal, as best as they can have. It’s like any sport, there will always be those happy to play it at different levels and find their enjoyment in it at whatever level they engage. But for those folk who are keen to experience it at its deepest, it’s natural to look at what others are running and how they are doing, and to compare those dogs to what they are running. If you aren’t kennel blind and are honest, sometimes those other dogs you see are better than what you kennel, and then folk will change what they keep and keep looking for the best they can. Sometimes you just see that what you got is best you could for the job you do and crack on trying to push that on. 

• Like 5

I’m not so much a swapper and changer mate I’ve known what I have needed 20 year 

I bought me last 2 not really to swap 

me old bitch was good bred good litter me mate bred a dog off me I got pup off that not what I wanted so bought in same type 

If I upped and moved me dogs was shit I’d see who had the good and try getting one even if it meant changing type ?

If I had  to go out just chasing stuff I wouldn’t bother mate I’d  really have a pet not a working dog if everyone  carried on like that there’s be shite up and down country ? ?

3 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

This is going to sound wrong probably, but I know what I mean even if it doesn’t come out right. Not saying me, but there are folk for who it is an obsession, all they really care about. Sad or not. They strive to have the real deal, as best as they can have. It’s like any sport, there will always be those happy to play it at different levels and find their enjoyment in it at whatever level they engage. But for those folk who are keen to experience it at its deepest, it’s natural to look at what others are running and how they are doing, and to compare those dogs to what they are running. If you aren’t kennel blind and are honest, sometimes those other dogs you see are better than what you kennel, and then folk will change what they keep and keep looking for the best they can. Sometimes you just see that what you got is best you could for the job you do and crack on trying to push that on. 

I'm Sunday league at best

3 hours ago, mC HULL said:

I’m not so much a swapper and changer mate I’ve known what I have needed 20 year 

I bought me last 2 not really to swap 

me old bitch was good bred good litter me mate bred a dog off me I got pup off that not what I wanted so bought in same type 

If I upped and moved me dogs was shit I’d see who had the good and try getting one even if it meant changing type ?

If I had  to go out just chasing stuff I wouldn’t bother mate I’d  really have a pet not a working dog if everyone  carried on like that there’s be shite up and down country ? ?

Can't beat a good swop ,u got ote