On 04/05/2021 at 13:42, Maximus Ferret said:

It wasn't too bad in fairness. The DEFRA vet charged about 300 I think to do two pups, vaccines, health certs etc. It was in a very rural area and I think country vets tend to be more sensible.

Pups are here now anyway and are no worse for the big delay.

pupssitting.jpg

pair of crackers mate very best of luck with them....and shining like new pins to

• Like 2

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never understood the fascination with worrying what others keep or what you could be missing out on?paddle your own canoe...and f**k what anyone one else thinks or says ?

It was a slightly grammatically ambiguous but I suspect this may be due to his writing in his local vernacular..to me it was perfectly comprehensible ,he thinks mushrooms gay .

Bob on that ! People telling other people what to run when they even been to there ground , Iv got a pup coming and had all sorts of people telling me what I should get but hardly any of them have act

Posted Images

On 04/05/2021 at 13:42, Maximus Ferret said:

It wasn't too bad in fairness. The DEFRA vet charged about 300 I think to do two pups, vaccines, health certs etc. It was in a very rural area and I think country vets tend to be more sensible.

Pups are here now anyway and are no worse for the big delay.

pupssitting.jpg

Belting pups M F.  They wheaten/grehounds?

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Belting pups M F.  They wheaten/grehounds?

Mali/bull/grey. The mothers 3/4 grey 1/4 bull by pure malinois and the father's 1/4 bull 3/4 grey.

If you're into fractions (LOL) that makes them 9/16ths grey, 1/4 malinois and 3/16ths bull. Lurchers.....

Tom Heavy put up a pic of the parents last week. Here they are again.

J's pup's dam and sire.jpg

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Mali/bull/grey. The mothers 3/4 grey 1/4 bull by pure malinois and the father's 1/4 bull 3/4 grey.

If you're into fractions (LOL) that makes them 9/16ths grey, 1/4 malinois and 3/16ths bull. Lurchers.....

Tom Heavy put up a pic of the parents last week. Here they are again.

J's pup's dam and sire.jpg

Ah right, yeah I remember the pics now.  ?

Fractions I aint too bad with, it's percentages that are my downfall lol.

Anyway, like I said, belting pups.  Good luck with em.  ?

• Thanks 1
On 06/05/2021 at 01:14, SheepChaser said:

This is going to sound wrong probably, but I know what I mean even if it doesn’t come out right. Not saying me, but there are folk for who it is an obsession, all they really care about. Sad or not. They strive to have the real deal, as best as they can have. It’s like any sport, there will always be those happy to play it at different levels and find their enjoyment in it at whatever level they engage. But for those folk who are keen to experience it at its deepest, it’s natural to look at what others are running and how they are doing, and to compare those dogs to what they are running. If you aren’t kennel blind and are honest, sometimes those other dogs you see are better than what you kennel, and then folk will change what they keep and keep looking for the best they can. Sometimes you just see that what you got is best you could for the job you do and crack on trying to push that on. 

I spend most days working & walking with what dogs I own, as long as they earn their keep I'm happy enough to keep them ,I'm paid for results and that's expected. The dogs aren't pets ,none live indoors nor are they kept in one big court, they have their own kennel and run. All of this has come about because it either makes life easier or it works for ME. It certainly wouldn't work for others ,we all have our own views however just a reminder ,Dogs don't know how they are bred  ,humans are the only ones that worry about that sort of stuff ,a dog doesn't know nor does it care ,it just knows its a dog . Great dogs are found in all breeds along with the good ,bad , ugly and useless . By having  a certain cross that turns out to be great working dog doesn't mean getting another of the same cross is going to give the owner another what we term here as a "cracker "(a top dog ") again good breeding certainly help's as does only breeding from working stock, but there no guarantees, but above all else a young dog  requires game to chase & catch without that ,they become only a shadow of what they could of been ,and to me ,in the world of working dogs that is sad .

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 7