Trainability

Most trainable lurcher/cross  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most trainable/biddable lurcher cross out of the options below

• lurcher to lurcher
    • whippet x greyhound
    • (collie, kelpie, cattle dog) x greyhound
    • bull x greyhound
    • saluki x greyhound
    • purebreeds

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same as most veteran lurcher enthusiasts,..I've enjoyed walking out with many different running dog hybrids? Loved them all and had success,.. and of course,..failures with them all..? AS fo

Some time back I watched a lads lurcher bitch jump over a sheep fence chasing a rabbit, the rabbit came back through and the bitch jumped back over this went on over a distance up the fence she did na

Tried calling my whippet of one or two risky chases, heart in my mouth sometimes, and eyes closed but she survived , only to succumb to cushings , cracking worker lived for work and so i put work in f

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Seen coursers do the jitterbug boogy wi the the brush 

Never had coursing bred not try hundred percent even little uns smashed up never had one do the dance and yap mate same as pure grey never seen one do dance ?? 

35 minutes ago, downsouth said:

If youre out mooching and it just happens thats one thing but cant see the need to be doubling up on the lamp

I don’t lamp , all day time hunting up so like I said that’s what works for me, 

5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Never had coursing bred not try hundred percent even little uns smashed up never had one do the dance and yap mate same as pure grey never seen one do dance ?? 

Long as the don't do the moonwalk I ain't fussed

4 hours ago, poxon said:

We used to let young uns watch then have a rag a bit then when ready double up as apprentice for a go then on there own I remember once going to give a up an coming young un a hand with the stabber as I thought it was making hard work of it I got a sharp word in my ear...don’t you fecking dare! it’s gotta do em single handed or it’s not staying in the kennels. 
Now days because of how the laws set out with the ban an not keeping dogs just for that job alone an only keep one dog at a time when i think there mentally ready I get a mate go have a look on the beam  use his rifle shoot one an see if there’s any fire in there belly’s for a retrieve got to fully retrieve on its own with no human assistance 

Always told lads if they try to stab a fox to help dog they'll be getting the knife not the fox.  We've all done silly things when young in the game. Some stuff I regret deeply 

If a dog can't handle a fox it shouldn't be on them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

You put a pic up Sal cross kept it’s place with bull types ? ? ?? 

not mine, my fathers

9 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

so you've never seen a coursing dog or grey spew fox?

14 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

How do you teach them to chase mate it’s in em ? how many types breeds go for neck 

then think how many don’t ?? what breeds etc 

ive never seen an efficient fox killer kill by the neck from memory, been chest holds

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

not mine, my fathers

so you've never seen a coursing dog or grey spew fox?

ive never seen an efficient fox killer kill by the neck from memory, been chest holds

Never seen coursing dog or pure grey spew fox mate seen coursing dogs only ever seen hare not take one but none entered to it ?? 

Edited by mC HULL