Lack of parental responsibility?

6 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

WILF is 100% correct. 

There is absolutely no connection between academic achievement in primary school and how much money people earn at 30. Once you take the top few percent of really clever kids out and the bottom few percent who really struggle then everyone else evens out. 

When I was at school in year 3 at primary I was taught by one old woman who taught us every lesson we needed to learn. My son is now in year 3 and he has 3 different teachers doing different subjects, there are a couple of classroom assistants and he gets piles of online homework every single day. Apparently we are letting him down if WE don't do at least an hour a day practicing spelling, reading and writing. We are constantly in trouble for being behind. The fact that my son gets home from school each day and is immediately busy gardening, in the workshop, cooking with his mum, out with the dogs etc etc doesn't matter. During lockdown they did a class zoom quiz, every kid wrote 5 questions each week and the whole class then answered all the other kids questions. Most of the kids had questions on Minecraft, grand theft auto and all types of celebrity bollocks. My son wrote questions on wildlife, general knowledge and geography etc. Non of the kids had any knowledge at all about real life, they couldn't answer any of my sons easy questions, couldn't name male /female animals or anything about different countries. 

The whole education system is upside down and we are releasing whole generations of kids that can't cook a healthy diet or think for themselves in any way. No don't read or worry about any bollocks in the media, look to your own kids and make sure they are happy, well rounded and ready to go into life and achieve what ever they decide to do in years to come, because they have a whole life in front of them ?

Cracking post mate.  Good on you and your kids. ?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can speak with a little bit of knowledge on school. In the UK we put massive pressure on kids......and I mean massive, from the time they are babies of 4 ! Almost nobody else is doing that

WILF is 100% correct.  There is absolutely no connection between academic achievement in primary school and how much money people earn at 30. Once you take the top few percent of really clever ki

I've said that for years, cooking and healthy eating should be one of the staples of education in the UK, the same as First Aid, they should be both instilled by the time you're an adult.   

Posted Images

11 hours ago, trigger2 said:

My kids come home from school and I don't understand much if any of there work. I would rather not teach them at all than teach them wrong. I guess there's a good many parents who would struggle as much has me.

Exactly the same here mate.  I've spoken, very recently, to our 13 year old lad's teachers/school, about his homework and online learning.  My mrs is dyslexic, and I'm not too good at all with modern technology in general, let alone computers etc.  Plus the fact that the way they are teaching now, is completely different to how I was taught! 

They've backed off a bit after we had a good talk about the 'realities' of online homework, 'for us'.

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, lurchergrrl said:

My high school was one of the most academic in my province once upon a time. But they also offered alternatives, you could take mechanics or wood shop (well, boys could. Girls were discouraged which is a shame, cause I would have done wood shop for sure. They offered me Home Economics ??). You only needed to pass so many credits in a subject like maths or French, before you could drop it and chose something more suited to you. Funny how we've so-called advanced in recent years but lost all logic in so many ways. 

Women and equal opportunity all that babble did was make it so both man and women had to work full time to keep a house going before that it was just the man 

so really they talked shite got people behind it let’s free women so they can graft 10 hours a day aswell 

some can’t see the wood for the trees lol 

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Women and equal opportunity all that babble did was make it so both man and women had to work full time to keep a house going before that it was just the man 

so really they talked shite got people behind it let’s free women so they can graft 10 hours a day aswell 

You chovanist pig MC lol

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Francie said:

You chovanist pig MC lol

It’s the truth mate lol before labour got in a mans wage feed house keep it going and be on ale every night and bookies while women in bingo most nights 

now both work by time payed bills they lucky if can have one meal out a week 

how many Woking class  now go darts snooker rugby pigeons and greyhound every week 

to tired from work and no spare money lol

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

It’s the truth mate lol before labour got in a mans wage feed house keep it going and be on ale every night and bookies while women in bingo most nights 

now both work by time payed bills they lucky if can have one meal out a week 

how many Woking class  now go darts snooker rugby pigeons and greyhound every week 

to tired from work and no spare money lol

I agree with you in part but how many men drank away their wage while their wife and kids did without. 

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

The point I was making is that kids had more options to pursue things they enjoyed or were more inclined to. I couldn't really take shop but at least I didn't have to do more than 2 years of maths cause I was terrible at it ? Here, they have to learn what's imposed on them, like or lump it. At my kids school they HAD to take a language and the gcse topics were offered in bundles with no flexibility. Sets a lot of the kids up to fail imo.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I agree with you in part but how many men drank away their wage while their wife and kids did without. 

?? Now it’s the government take it make family do without food banks all other that says a lot bk then neighbours would a help grubbed up kids ?? 

Edited by mC HULL

Couldn't be arsed with reading all this but I know from home schooling our daughter it was hard my wife still has to work a full day on the laptop with zoom calls and what not and I have been out working all day it was hard and we probably done about 75%of the work we should have done but after both working a full day the evening we did what we could but we also didnt get bogged down with it we sort of just told her not to stress and what gets done gets done dont worrie about it. When the teachers did the zoom classes on the laptop my daughter struggled more with that as felt embarrassed to say anything on there to ask for help so that did more harm then good so we f****d that off sharpish. Shes not a divvy by any means she dose struggle with some things like every kid dose but she will be starting a secondary school in September and as long as the schools dont shut again I believe she will be 100%fine. What will be will be cant change the past now ?

• Like 3

Wow, I am smashed. 

Been

4 hours ago, Greb147 said:

I don't give a fcuk, not many songs better than this.... 

Sorry lads, in a tacking big time. 

Been asleep all afternoon, wow. 

Woke up now, need food big time. 

• Haha 2
44 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Couldn't be arsed with reading all this but I know from home schooling our daughter it was hard my wife still has to work a full day on the laptop with zoom calls and what not and I have been out working all day it was hard and we probably done about 75%of the work we should have done but after both working a full day the evening we did what we could but we also didnt get bogged down with it we sort of just told her not to stress and what gets done gets done dont worrie about it. When the teachers did the zoom classes on the laptop my daughter struggled more with that as felt embarrassed to say anything on there to ask for help so that did more harm then good so we f****d that off sharpish. Shes not a divvy by any means she dose struggle with some things like every kid dose but she will be starting a secondary school in September and as long as the schools dont shut again I believe she will be 100%fine. What will be will be cant change the past now ?

Mate if she's done 75% then that's more tha than most. And if she's seen both her parents working hard then she's also seen more than a lot of kids....???

• Like 4
47 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

I could have written almost the same words for mine. We tended to skip some of the arty farty stuff and concentrated on the ‘3 R’s’.  If you’ve done the best you can, then that’s all we can do mate. Atb, Pesky.

• Like 2

From what ls been written on here it's alot different to Chucking kids from primary into secondary without being able to read. I know a few have said about knowing people that can't read or write but the difference is that in today's age you have to be able to even if you want to do something vocational like brick laying for example. One of my best mates is a bricky and is poor at both but due to school sending him college from 14 he's a shit hot builder but in today's climate he wouldn't be able to because you have to be able to do theory aswell